Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure Dragon is slashing prices on Storage VPSs - 1TB @ $5.99/m - OpenVZ7 - Tampa, FL.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure Dragon is slashing prices on Storage VPSs - 1TB @ $5.99/m - OpenVZ7 - Tampa, FL.

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Hello World! I know it's been a while but we're still alive and kicking.

We offer backup services in all shapes and sizes from FTP/rsync accounts to VPSs which are all hosted in our Tampa, Florida data center (100% owned hardware and network). All services come with a 99.9% Uptime SLA and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

All new Storage VPS services are provisioned on OpenVZ 7!

250GB Storage | 512MB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $2.99/Month
500GB Storage | 1GB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $3.99/Month
750GB Storage | 2GB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $4.99/Month
1000GB Storage | 4GB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5.99/Month

In addition to these plans we have FTP/rsync accounts and NAT VPSs starting at $5/year. Checkout BackupDragon.com for more plans and details.

For those of you who don't know us or forgot about us, Secure Dragon LLC. was formed in October of 2010 and has been offering quality services since 2011. We are a fully registered Limited Liability Company with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations and we obtain our IPs directly from ARIN (AS54561). We own all of our hardware and IP addresses while also providing our own custom VPS control panel named Wyvern.

OpenVZ, KVM, and Web Hosting Services
Network/File Tests
Uptime Statistics

Note: Current clients will be transitioned over to the new pricing and OpenVZ 7 in the near future.

Thanked by 2alilet marrco

Comments

• 1000GB Storage | 4GB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5.99/Month

This looks pretty good for US users.
    OpenVZ7 is not ovz.

Surprised there aren't more comments.

• @vimalware said:
    OpenVZ7 is not ovz.

Thanked by 2dedotatedwam KuJoe
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:

1000GB Storage | 4GB RAM+vSwap | 2 vCPU Cores | 10TB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5.99/Month

This looks pretty good for US users.
    OpenVZ7 is not ovz.

Surprised there aren't more comments.

What do you mean OpenVZ7 isn't OpenVZ? This confused me (probably due to lack of coffee in my bloodstream yet). :lol:

• can use for anything? or just backup only?

• @KuJoe said:
    What do you mean OpenVZ7 isn't OpenVZ? This confused me (probably due to lack of coffee in my bloodstream yet). :lol:

Tried to edit. Too late.
    It should have been ovz6.

Just highlighting that openvz7 was a much different beast.

edited March 2019

@jcaleb said:
    can use for anything? or just backup only?

The VPSs come with full root access so you're welcome to use them for anything (within our AUP of course).

@vimalware said:

@KuJoe said:

Tried to edit. Too late.
    It should have been ovz6.

Just highlighting that openvz7 was a much different beast.

I want to agree but after digging into the guts of OpenVZ 7 to get it working with Wyvern (it required less modification than I anticipated) I'm pretty impressed so far with how similar it is with OpenvZ 6.

Thanked by 2jcaleb vimalware
  • ehabehab Member

what kernel is this? can you run docker?

edited March 2019

@ehab said:
    what kernel is this? can you run docker?

1) 3.10.0-862.20.2.vz7.73.29
    2) Probably not, looks like it requires veth for Docker to work properly. I'd recommend getting a KVM VPS if you want Docker support: 512MB @ $3.99/m or 1GB @ $4.99/m

Thanked by 2ehab vimalware
  • That's a great price structure. Used SecureDragon in the past and it was really solid service. Might need to get in on this!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • @KuJoe said:

I want to agree but after digging into the guts of OpenVZ 7 to get it working with Wyvern (it required less modification than I anticipated) I'm pretty impressed so far with how similar it is with OpenvZ 6.

Ah ok. I got my 'impression ' from a conversation with an experienced openvz provider, who was calling kvm vs openvz7 a close race.
    (for phasing out openvz6 in November)

• @vimalware said:

@KuJoe said:

Ah ok. I got my 'impression ' from a conversation with an experienced openvz provider, who was calling kvm vs openvz7 a close race.

Pretty sure this translates to vzctl is about the same. There's more under the hood changes, but overall it's the same basic platform. Some like going KVM because then you don't have the $0.04/year clients bitching about an old kernel and morons upgrading to the latest-and-greatest userland of the day and having it blow up in their face.

Personally, I prefer KVM for maintenance and ability, but OVZ for monitoring for abuse and other issues that you generally get with the cheaper clientele.

• RamiRami Member
    edited April 2019

RECOMMENDED all the way
    One of the best providers on LET

• LeviLevi Member

Why 'secure dragon'? Dragons in nature are not secure, they are dangerous.

• Good prices but too high for LET I think :/

• @LTniger said:

Perhaps the dragon is comfortable within his own scales.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@libleoblue said:
    Good prices but too high for LET I think :/

Wow, how is $5.99 for 1 TB high?

• FAT32 said: Wow, how is $5.99 for 1 TB high?

Technically he didn't say it was high. He said it was "too high for LET" where people come to find unsustainable offers that they can then complain about. Back me up @deank .

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't back guys.

The end isn't nigh, yet.

Thanked by 2eol skorous

@vimalware said:

@KuJoe said:

The verdict is still out for me, I still prefer OpenVZ 6 but 7 is growing on me. KVM is a whole different beast and I'm not particularly a fan of it.

@LTniger said:

Secure as in the dragon is securing it. Our servers are the dragon's gold and they are guarding it. :wink:

@libleoblue said:
    Good prices but too high for LET I think :/

April Fools to you too. :smile:

Thanked by 1muffin
  • I just kidding, happy april fools! I love that offer, extremely low prices ;)

• Can we do full disk encryption on OpenVZ 7?

@alilet said:
    Can we do full disk encryption on OpenVZ 7?

No, OpenVZ 7 is still just a container. You'll want a dedicated server for true FDE where nobody else has access to the keys.

Thanked by 2alilet vimalware
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

@alilet But I do have a suggestion, you can consider using end-to-end encryption where the encrypted data are transmitted to a trusted machine (Own computer / another KVM server for decryption)

Think of it like mounting the OVZ as a remote storage, everything written in is encrypted

Thanked by 1alilet

@FAT32 said:
    @alilet But I do have a suggestion, you can consider using end-to-end encryption where the encrypted data are transmitted to a trusted machine (Own computer / another KVM server for decryption)

Always do this. FDE on hardware in a network you do not own shouldn't be considered safe. Encrypt before you transmit, then you have the added bonus of using cheap, untrusted storage like OpenVZ VPSs, Amazon, Google, and more.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

Great offers!

and for my 2c, Virtuozzo 7 is a different beast to vz6 I think would be the appropriate phrase people are looking for :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sinsin Member

Will there be any promos on your KVM line in the future?

@sin said:

Nope, our KVM services are already cheaper than our OpenVZ plans.

• sinsin Member

@KuJoe said:

@sin said:

Nope, our KVM services are already cheaper than our OpenVZ plans.

Gotcha, thanks. My SecureDragon storage ftp/rsync plan has been great :).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • 0kin0kin Member

Its FUSE enabled? To run Rclone for example

@0kin said:
    Its FUSE enabled? To run Rclone for example

You can enable it in our Wyvern control panel.

Thanked by 2vimalware 0kin