Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is BitMitigate? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is BitMitigate?

Comments

• @datanoise said:

BitMitigate said: LA, Miami, Ashburn, London, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Frankfurt, Vienna, Hong Kong, and Hillsboro

No love for SG? AU?

Singapore and Australia pops are coming soon, we are just rolling out the first phase of the expansion today which covers basically everyone in the world except there and Africa. Although we have pops very close so you can still expect some pretty good performance even in those regions.

• I had no idea that @Francisco expanded so far. Congrats, Frantech!

• We are using our own server network for the next expansion (which may be online by today actually) - Fran is a great guy, but the POPs are too limited for the amount of growth we are experiencing

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited March 2019

@BitMitigate said:
    [...] protects tens of thousands of websites around the world.

@BitMitigate said:

LA, Miami, Ashburn, London, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Frankfurt, Vienna, Hong Kong, and Hillsboro

Only <20ms shown.

https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/20437260/

Even made some traceroute.
    https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/20437302/

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2019

@BitMitigate said:
    Hi Everyone, it's Nick Lim from BitMitigate here. This article is one of the most blatantly obvious shills I have ever seen in my life - but I am sure this is clear to anyone not part of the shill anyway. It's incredible how some people allocate their time when driven by jealousy.

But for those who want to actually know what BitMitigate is: BitMitigate is a CDN, DDoS Mitigation, WAF, and website management system that protects tens of thousands of websites around the world. Including some of the most highest traffic and controversial websites. We have a proven commitment of reliability and trust no matter who doesn't like your content.

We don't just put content closer to the user, we rewrite the entire source code of your website on the fly to make it faster.

Furthermore we have a proprietary WAF that blocks 99% of cyber attacks and allows you to configure your own rules right in the cloud.

We are currently expanding rapidly and will have over 10 POPs soon around the world.

BitMitigate offers all of the features + more of any competitor at just a fraction of the cost.

For those curious about what BitMitigate is all I about I suggest that you try it for yourself for free!

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email: [email protected]

If you still remember me, I requested a while ago that you fix the login page. If you have so much money to add new POPs -- why don't you hire someone more competent to fix check_login.php? I could submit hundreds -- if not millions of requests to that file along with the challenge=BitMitigate.com cookie if I wanted to.

You honestly need to protect your user data before you even think of trying to protect websites.

Oh -- and by the way -- your 'proprietary WAF' is basically NGINX compiled with Google's PageSpeed and TestCookie runnin. You're not offering anything more than what CloudFlare can provide on their free plan. In fact, I'd rather have my login information stored at a company who has competent web developers.

EDIT: Where did you get that 'blocked attacks' figure? How do you know definitively that you're blocking 99% of attacks?

EDIT 2: You're lucky that Chrome has an experimental XSS protection feature. Someone could've caused a denial of service through your poorly implemented API:

https://bitmitigate.com/user-panel/public-api.php?action=gethost&domain=%3Cmeta%20http-equiv=%22refresh%22%20content=%221;url=%22%3E%3Cscript%3E

EDIT 3: My god -- BitMitigate is so poorly coded that if you visit https://bitmitigate.com/user-panel/?action=checkout&product=1 while signed in and click "Confirm Order" without entering any information, his crappy panel times out:

• BitMitigate said: We are using our own server network for the next expansion (which may be online by today actually) - Fran is a great guy, but the POPs are too limited for the amount of growth we are experiencing

what is your ASN ?

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited March 2019

@BitMitigate said:

You won't have that "CloudFlare is checking your browser" notice every time someone goes to your website either.

zzzzzzZ

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, at least he tried.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • Keep in mind this is also the kid who "came to the rescue" by backing the Pro Neo Nazi website, Daily Stormer.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/seattles-bitmitigate-now-protecting-pro-nazi-site-daily-stormer-web-attacks

• @Skander said:

@BitMitigate said:

You won't have that "CloudFlare is checking your browser" notice every time someone goes to your website either.

zzzzzzZ

All his 'checking' page does is set the 'challenge' cookie to 'BitMitigate.com' lol

ie. if you wanted to bypass his stupid check page all you'd need to is send that cookie with all your requests lel

Thanked by 2Skander Daniel15
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2019

@yokowasis said:
    Is this a shill?

There is saying don't judge people by its past. Shame on you guys.

When i buy a time machine, i'll judge people by their future, until then, only past, since present is not clearly defined.
    What is the "current moment" anyway?

And let me tell you something, people don't change.
    Once a dick, always a dick.
    We just get to know each other better.

• eoleol Member

@Janevski said:
    What is the "current moment" anyway?

By thinking about it, you already missed it.

• HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep

Idk. I created a ticket with them like 3 months ago but got no response :(

• Comodo cWatch is a reseller of Stackpath, using cdn + waf of stackpath. I'm using stackpath who couple of years ago bought MaxCDN for cdn technology and Fireblade (an israeli tech company) for waf.
    I'm pretty happy with Stackpath

Thanked by 2poisson datanoise

@doghouch said:
    All his 'checking' page does is set the 'challenge' cookie to 'BitMitigate.com' lol

ie. if you wanted to bypass his stupid check page all you'd need to is send that cookie with all your requests lel

More or less, the same that cloudflare does.
    It does run some js crap, to define if your browser is fake or not.
    Afterwards it sets a bloody cookie.

Easy to bypass, and you can still access all pages.

• @Neoon said:

@doghouch said:

More or less, the same that cloudflare does.
    It does run some js crap, to define if your browser is fake or not.
    Afterwards it sets a bloody cookie.

Easy to bypass, and you can still access all pages.

At least CloudFlare uses a random token.

Thanked by 1Janevski
    edited March 2019

@doghouch said:
    At least CloudFlare uses a random token.

Meh.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2019

These sociopath/narcissist types are the worst type of people, superficial charm and reasonable sounding statements but ultimately a massive time suck for honest people.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • AmitzAmitz Member

So it's safe to say that everything coming from Nick Lim is poop, right?

• @Amitz said:

pretty much

• @Amitz said:

Except his poop. That's poop^2

• @ricardo said:
    These sociopath/narcissist types are the worst type of people, superficial charm and reasonable sounding statements but ultimately a massive time suck for honest people.

Having a sociopath is like having a kitty, they both don't know what empathy is.

• They're pretty good at stealing your stuff as if nothing had happened either, e.g. bed space. Don't think Nick Lim steals bed space though. Maybe.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2019

datanoise said: Seems like their free plan offers the same DDOS protection & CDN. Might be worth trying.

sanvit said: https://cwatch.comodo.com/plans.php

sdfantini said: Comodo cWatch is a reseller of Stackpath, using cdn + waf of stackpath. I'm using stackpath who couple of years ago bought MaxCDN for cdn technology and Fireblade (an israeli tech company) for waf.

I'm pretty happy with Stackpath

Just tried their free plan, their CDN is a joke, all traffic is being sent to a belugaCDN node in AMS. Might be better on their paid plans, didn't try those.

The free plan is probably a decent reverse proxy / DDOS protection for the price, though.

• Has anyone tried the paid plan?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@verana said:
    Has anyone tried the paid plan?

Yeah. Didn't work. No communication. Did a chargeback a month later.

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb HostUp
  • 8ch was kicked off CF and is now moving to BitMitigate!

👻

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@BitMitigate said:
    We don't just put content closer to the user, we rewrite the entire source code of your website on the fly to make it faster.

Very impressive! Kindly tell us more about that feature and how you do it.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • @jsg said:

@BitMitigate said:

Very impressive! Kindly tell us more about that feature and how you do it.

I would like to know as well. I mean I understand you want to keep parts secret, but you could let us all in, in a general sort of way.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2019

Replacing extra whitespace is probably enough to qualify their statement, as would keeping a gzipped version of a file, technically rewriting (entirely)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
This discussion has been closed.