Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[mrvm] - 50% on world domination, Now 11 Locations! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[mrvm] - 50% on world domination, Now 11 Locations!

13»

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Unfortunately same problem as before, system is not usable, even for a NAT VM.
    I/O speed(1st run) : 28.3 MB/s

• out of stock

• I thought I'd ask here in case it benefits others also, and my apologies if this has been asked before - but is there a way to upgrade the bandwidth allowance if needed?

I've found the perfect project for one of my 11-month-strong-idling NAT and the 300GB may JUST be the perfect amount for what I need, but was curious if it's more economical to just buy 2 VMs.. sorry for the bump also, I tried to find the most recent thread if that's any consolation.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:
    I thought I'd ask here in case it benefits others also, and my apologies if this has been asked before - but is there a way to upgrade the bandwidth allowance if needed?

I've found the perfect project for one of my 11-month-strong-idling NAT and the 300GB may JUST be the perfect amount for what I need, but was curious if it's more economical to just buy 2 VMs.. sorry for the bump also, I tried to find the most recent thread if that's any consolation.

The ”perfect” place would be on the LowendSpirit forums :)
    One great day All of the questions asked there will be put together as a FAQ. (When there is time).

To answer your question, no. There is no option to upgrade bandwidth, unless it is part of a different promo.

The monthly limit is also ”soft”, meaning that your container will continue to have network even if you go over your limit.

Every scenario is different, and as your question have little details to go on, I would recommend getting two. Perhaps even at different locations to add some failover possibilities.

Having 2 on the same node will get you ”twice” the trouble when problems arise.
    On the other hand, the advantage of having two on the same node is that they share the same IPv4.
    ;)

• @mikho said:

@dahartigan said:
    I thought I'd ask here in case it benefits others also, and my apologies if this has been asked before - but is there a way to upgrade the bandwidth allowance if needed?

The ”perfect” place would be on the LowendSpirit forums :)
    One great day All of the questions asked there will be put together as a FAQ. (When there is time).

To answer your question, no. There is no option to upgrade bandwidth, unless it is part of a different promo.

The monthly limit is also ”soft”, meaning that your container will continue to have network even if you go over your limit.

Every scenario is different, and as your question have little details to go on, I would recommend getting two. Perhaps even at different locations to add some failover possibilities.

Having 2 on the same node will get you ”twice” the trouble when problems arise.
    On the other hand, the advantage of having two on the same node is that they share the same IPv4.
    ;)

Thanks for your response :)

To be clear, it's a simple nginx reverse proxy for my family plex setup. My ISP likes to take the scenic tour when getting overseas, especially to hetzner and using your vps improves that significantly :)

Thanked by 1mikho

@dahartigan said:

Thanks for your response :)

To be clear, it's a simple nginx reverse proxy for my family plex setup. My ISP likes to take the scenic tour when getting overseas, especially to hetzner and using your vps improves that significantly :)

One option would be to get 2, use on as the primary nginx proxy and read the current bandwidth usage and if monthly limit is reached, instead of proxying Plex, 301 forward to a sub-domain that points to the 2nd VPS.
    That way you have one entry point and the backbone decides where the bandwidth is comming from

Hope I could put my idea into words as I’m mobile right now :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • zomby1zomby1 Member
    1. any fully managed VPS?
    2. good for game servers?

@zomby1 said:

1. No - not in a LET price range anyway
    2. It is decent for all game servers that can run on 128-256MB ram and where you can choose which ports to connect to.
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2019

@mikho thanks for that thoughtful response, I will look into doing something like that manually, but automating that sounds like a project for a rainy day :)

@zomby1 I wouldn't suggest running a game server as the ports are limited to a very specific range. Plus I'm not sure it's even allowed, from what I understand game servers attract network attacks etc exponentially more than most other types of servers.

Please somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

Edit: saw mikho reply after posting

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • zomby1zomby1 Member

@mikho said:

@zomby1 said:

2. It is decent for all game servers that can run on 128-256MB ram and where you can choose which ports to connect to.
    1. What is the range? thanks

dahartigan said: @zomby1 I wouldn't suggest running a game server as the ports are limited to a very specific range. Plus I'm not sure it's even allowed, from what I understand game servers attract network attacks etc exponentially more than most other types of servers.

Please somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

The point here being, "attract network attacks", if this doesn't happen, then its fine.
    No need to break the universal "don't be a dick" rule by raping the disks.
    But as long as nothing bad happens, I'm fine with it.

@zomby1 said:

@mikho said:

@zomby1 said:

1. What is the range? thanks

Price is 800 Swedish krona/hour. In today's exchange rate it would be approx $80-85/hour.

Thanked by 2dahartigan zomby1
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Can you watch netflix on SG IP?

• sanvitsanvit Member

No Los Angeles? Is there a looking glass for Las Vegas (which DC)? Thanks :)

@sanvit said:
    No Los Angeles? Is there a looking glass for Las Vegas (which DC)? Thanks :)

All looking glass links on this page
    https://mrvm.net/looking-glass/

Thanked by 1sanvit

@NanoG6 said:
    Can you watch netflix on SG IP?

No idea.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mikho please check PM. And your las vegas looking glass test isn't working.

@sanvit said:

Did I mistype the Las Vegas link?
    http://lg-us-las.mrvm.net/

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mikho said:

@sanvit said:

I meant the 'Run Test' button. It returns nothing when i click it :(

Sorry for the confusion!

@sanvit said:

@mikho said:

@sanvit said:

I meant the 'Run Test' button. It returns nothing when i click it :(

Sorry for the confusion!

Traceroute works, ping doesn’t.
    Have to take a look at that.

Thanked by 1sanvit