Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SoyouStart] E3-SSD-1-32 Flash sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SoyouStart] E3-SSD-1-32 Flash sale

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just change the rule. People obviously want to see these offers.

@MasonR is just pointing out the double standard, Hetzner got their offer post about a lineup update removed the other day due to it having a setup fee - so why is OVH allowed to get away with it?

I want to see all the deals, even if setup fees become more common.. I'll just skip past the shit hosts with setup fees as I normally do for the majority of offers posted here.

• Basically agree with what @angstrom and @Harambe are saying:

The KS deals obviously have (always) been very popular here. It is great that an OVH rep is active and answers questions. That being said, I, too am not in favour of the setup fee rule to stay. But the rules need to be accounted for. Thus changing the rule would also be my suggestion.

Thanked by 3eol angstrom sgheghele
  • @Ympker said:
    Basically agree with what @angstrom and @Harambe are saying:

The KS deals obviously have (always) been very popular here. It is great that an OVH rep is active and answers questions. That being said, I, too am not in favour of the setup fee rule to stay. But the rules need to be accounted for. Thus changing the rule would also be my suggestion.

Providers "offering" setup fees should pay a thread setup fee also imho.

• I'm going to make this a little more complicated. I'm okay with providers charging set up fees when they actually have to assemble servers and rack them... I'm not in favor of setup fees for automated systems like OVH and Hetzner charging setup fees because nothing is being physically setup..

Thanked by 1eol
  • Whatever the rule is (is it that important if the majority of people wish to overlook it), I'm interested in low end, so the $7/m limit is nice that way, but for slightly higher end, any decent offer is worth a look, and by that I mean, it's easy for people to simply not click on the offer or learn to ignore people who offer crap deals.

• @eol said:
    Providers "offering" setup fees should pay a thread setup fee also imho.

.. and proceeds go to me 'cos I always need pennies.

Thanked by 1eol
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2019

In this case the offer price is within the dedi price limit even when the setup fee is included (30 euro monthly + 18 euro setup). So it could be rephrased as "48 euro for the first month, 30 euro/m for later months, no setup fee" and be within the price limit. That seems fine to me. Or even "48 euro/m with 18 euro/m discount after the first month" if you want to be completely stupid about it.

Didn't we raise the dedi price limit last year anyway on the theory that it would attract more dedi offers? If it were a $50 offer with a $50 setup fee, that would be over the limit so more of a problem. If the monthly plus the setup added together are still under the limit, like this offer, I'd let it through.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2019

My take:
    If a non-provider member raises the offer in a thread, then fine.
    An opening post offer from a provider should follow the rules.
    Is there a fundamental difference in the way Offers and General section move down/drop off the forum list? If not, then why differentiate them?
    Can an "Extra Offers" section be added that doesn't get highlighted on the main page be used for no-holds-barred listings? Just a thought.

My bad: I took advantage of Flash Sales. :blush:

• Do the same as @ikoula did forever ago: Dedicated server from 49.99/month, discount after first month.

See? No setup fee. Just keep the setup fee + monthly below the 84 usd limit and you should be fine.

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2019

Let's just get rid of the subterfuge and document the policy like that. I'll post a proposal in the selling rules thread.

Edit: posting in the general rather than offer forum is a simple post miscategorization that is usually treated as an insignificant error unless it's done in obvious bad faith (I don't think that happened here). There is a moderator pulldown to move a thread to the right section so maybe a mod can move this thread to Offers.

• @ninzo59
    any idea if Canada stock can/will be available ?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@mehargags said:
    @ninzo59
    any idea if Canada stock can/will be available ?

Except if you are very lucky to grab one (using email alerting if server is available to purshase), we sold everything we had in Canada in 1hour..

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2019

I don't personally mind if hosters offer setup fees or not. its more important to look at the overall prices and get the information of the offer.

Ninzo, most of us don't care about setup fee rule, we just want to know when the sale happens, so please, do keep posting. If you can't link to order page, just post the information at least.

Same goes to other hosts, most users here don't care if the offer itself is good enough after setup fees. As for the site admins, you should revisit the rules regarding setup fees for sure now that big hosts have also joined here too. if we want to see Hetzner/OVH offers here too, these people wont change the pricing cause of some forum.

This would also give other hosts like cloudvider and Anthonysmith chance do 25-50€ setup fees but overall cheaper monthly prices to cater people that would commit to the specific server for a long time to get a better price for paying more initially. This benefits the hoster cause the buyer is less likely to cancel the server cause he would have to pay setup fees again to re-order it.

• stefeman said: Ninzo, most of us don't care about setup fee rule

Thanked by 1eol
  • We care setup fee, because soyoustart not offer money back guarantee like hetzner

@hawkjohn7 said:
    We care setup fee, because soyoustart not offer money back guarantee like hetzner

From time to time we remove setup (as a offer) but in that case, there isn't discounted price.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Maybe we should add a rule. If a mod doesn't have a problem with an offer, then fuck rules.

Thanked by 3jamzed raynor eol
  • Canada is back in stock... GO GO GO

Thanked by 1eol
  • Are these part of the servers that will eventually get doubled bandwidth (aka to 500 Mbps?), the other double bw thread is confusing as hell. lol

• Any chance of having a deal on some of the 2 x HDD Kimsufi Xeon W3520 servers sometime soon ? ;) Thanks in advance

• @mp519 said:
    Are these part of the servers that will eventually get doubled bandwidth (aka to 500 Mbps?), the other double bw thread is confusing as hell. lol

I believe in the other thread it said they would... however there was a delay with SYS :)

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

MRTG on SYS/KS stopped working.

edited February 2019

For your info, we are stopping this deal in 1h.

@mp519 said:
    Are these part of the servers that will eventually get doubled bandwidth (aka to 500 Mbps?), the other double bw thread is confusing as hell. lol

Not for now

@happyman said:
    Any chance of having a deal on some of the 2 x HDD Kimsufi Xeon W3520 servers sometime soon ? ;) Thanks in advance

Currently, no plan to make deal on that server anytime soon. Could change in 6 months (or not)

• And once the sale ends, the always out of stock Montreal ones are back in stock....

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • happymanhappyman Member
    edited February 2019

@ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:
    Any chance of having a deal on some of the 2 x HDD Kimsufi Xeon W3520 servers sometime soon ? ;) Thanks in advance

Currently, no plan to make deal on that server anytime soon. Could change in 6 months (or not)

OK, Thanks. How about the single disk Kimsufi servers - such as the Intel i3, i5 or i7 ?

Thanks again :)

• @happyman said:
    OK, Thanks. How about the higher spec Kimsufi single disk ones - such as the Intel i3, i5 or i7 ?

Don't worry.
    Be happy.

@eol said:

@happyman said:
    OK, Thanks. How about the higher spec Kimsufi single disk ones - such as the Intel i3, i5 or i7 ?

Don't worry.
    Be happy.

Early Monday for CA Datacenter

Have a nice week-end

• Hi @ninzo59 when is possible to have new stock on E3-SSD-1-32 ? some flash ? thanks

• @optisoft said:
    Hi @ninzo59 when is possible to have new stock on E3-SSD-1-32 ? some flash ? thanks

Canada

• williewillie Member

necro

This discussion has been closed.