Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: CloudCone -> Very unprofessional and bad after-sales service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: CloudCone -> Very unprofessional and bad after-sales service

2»

Comments

• Correct me if I am wrong, but in the ticket he said he reinstalled the server. Wouldn't that also reset/reinstall fail2ban? So most likely that was not the issue.

Thanked by 2blackbird FHR
  • @t0ny0 said:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but in the ticket he said he reinstalled the server. Wouldn't that also reset/reinstall fail2ban? So most likely that was not the issue.

Yes but you can never assume the customer is correct.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

@blackbird said:

@t0ny0 said:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but in the ticket he said he reinstalled the server. Wouldn't that also reset/reinstall fail2ban? So most likely that was not the issue.

Yes but you can never assume the customer is correct.

In this case, you cannot apparently assume the support knows shit either.

I have seen better support from AlphaRacks.

• SpamCop? Another Bitninja shit company?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2019

@t0ny0 said:

Fail2ban was just an example of a dozen reasons a running server isn't reachable. People break their firewalls all the time. Normally, they just fix over local console themselves, but when customer gives limited details in problem, TROUBLESHOOTING begins.

In the end, another provider who just turns off service without notifying customer and provides unhelpful responses is the root problem.

• fail2ban =! 100% packet loss.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Damn it @blackbird! You have a cool username, perhaps not as cool, but within the magnitude and order of @WSS, how did you manage to get yourself banned?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Janevski said:
    Damn it @blackbird! You have a cool username, perhaps not as cool, but within the magnitude and order of @WSS, how did you manage to get yourself banned?

Being a dick

Thanked by 4eol Janevski MrH netomx
  • The dick was nigh.

Thanked by 2Janevski AuroraZ
  • He pulled out forcefully lol

Thanked by 1eol
  • dicks out for @blackbird

• Meanwhile @larry has gone.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Janevski said:
    Damn it @blackbird! You have a cool username, perhaps not as cool, but within the magnitude and order of @WSS, how did you manage to get yourself banned?

It's just a temp ban, though.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @eol said:
    fail2ban =! 100% packet loss.

You probably didn't configure it right then if it still replies to icmp requests from a banned IP. That would be dumb.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Cloudcone I just checked the image again, and it says Level 2 Engineer.

How the fuck?

What is your L1 support like then?

Thanked by 1sin
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Sorry I am the support manager for the company. I had to hire a bunch of dumbasses to fill the positions. Also as the support manager I am lazy as f!ck to even review the tickets.

Thanked by 3eol netomx uptime
  • I was using one of their small plan (512M) a few months ago. The management panel is good but the VPS is as slow as fuck.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

I used them for a while maybe a year ago - some $11/yr 512 mb (?) deal. Agree it was slightly sluggish but had decent uptime and got the job done. I spun up some of their larger hourly instances and those seemed more performant. Never had to deal with their support.

I get a bit of marketing email from them but not an obnoxious amount - just more than I'm used to seeing from most of the good providers I've found on LET.

Still an ok option for hourly billing or cheap yearly in LA I think. Though obviously anyone using for uber-mission-critical stuff must know something I don't, or should have their head examined, or both, or whatever, I dunno. You know?