Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: CloudCone -> Very unprofessional and bad after-sales service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: CloudCone -> Very unprofessional and bad after-sales service

On January 24, 2019, the DDOS protected IP of my VPS was disconnected (There’re 2 IPs on my VPS,the normal one without DDOS protected works well).

http://i.ping.pe/v/9/img_v9OwPb5J.png

After submitting a support tickets,the customer service let me check if it is handled,but the problem is still there.

Then in the next 12 days,changed three customer service.I giving my root password,backup site data,re-installing OS...They asked me check and check again,the results were always the same:IP can't be connected.

I really can't understand why they didn't take some time to check if the IP is available before replying to me.It is so simple, only need a ping test.These experts haven't really solved anything.

Well it's been almost two weeks, everything is back to square one. IP still do not work, no one replies my tickets for three days.I have no choice but to give up the VPS.

If u want a stable,professional and responsible VPS provider,just STAY AWAY from CloudCone

Thanked by 2Gam3over levnode

Comments

• The team are sorry you didn't get the level of support you've come to expect

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

That's the problem with outsources cheap support, it will kill your reputation over time, if people I paid gave responses like that, they would be fired, no questions, no second chances.

• Remember to change your root password. Because you left it in plain sight on your screenshot and everyone can see the IP so of it would work anyone could jump on there and do whatever..

• On 100% packet loss not so much.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

In before OP create a new thread in CAPS, saying his server got hacked. Then blames the host for it.

Would be golden.

• Even tho your IP is currently reachable, you shouldn't post root password publicly in case it comes online when you are not reachable.

Thanked by 2Janevski Ympker
  • @jetchirag said:
    Even tho your IP is not currently reachable, you shouldn't post root password publicly in case it comes online when you are not reachable.

• I think the ddos ip is working which is why you cannot get connected. 😄

Thanked by 1eol
  • We all colectivelly wish you best of luck in your venture.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2019

Why the fuck does anyone use a VPS without a KVM or console?

Seriously, if you logged into your server, you could see what was wrong and save 10 days. This is an unmanaged service, saying your IP doesn't work is almost useless.

Their tech said they can SSH into it. You could be banned by fail2ban for all we know. Or fucked up your firewall. Or got hacked for being careless.

And for techs, fucking explain the issue you found and what you did to fix. If you don't, you're a shitty tech and should be fired.

Thanked by 2netomx coreflux
  • I'm guessing they had 'Masters in IT' too?

• I had a vps with them, so far stable and never had a down time nor had a problem.
    I too had issues on initial times but so far, from my experience their customer care is instant & responsive.

May be it's better to ask @Cloudcone.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • At no point have you told them that this ip was ddos protected, and not your main ip. I suspect they tried the normal server ip and found it was pingable and went about their day.

Maybe follow up on it saying it is the ddos protected one?

Thanked by 13w3YBKo
  • I be more dislike if provider inform Out Of Stock, why doesn't inform in here if sold out.

You're offer and got customer on here but doesn't respect another.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

Hi @larry, seems like you have gotten SpamCop abuse reports for x.x.152.7 exactly 20 days ago, which that specific IP was null-routed due to that.

We've been speaking internally with our NOC team to remove the null route since you have acknowledged the report on that specific IP address in question, but that takes time.

Please note, we do not tolerate abuse reports of any sort and we're quite strict on them, we have specifically mentioned that on our TOS.

The problem I see on this ticket is that it was not communicated to you properly about the reason why the IP was inaccessible.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • @Cloudcone said:
    Hi @larry, seems like you have gotten SpamCop abuse reports for x.x.152.7 exactly 20 days ago, which that specific IP was null-routed due to that.

We've been speaking internally with our NOC team to remove the null route since you have acknowledged the report on that specific IP address in question, but that takes time.

Please note, we do not tolerate abuse reports of any sort and we're quite strict on them, we have specifically mentioned that on our TOS.

The problem I see on this ticket is that it was not communicated to you properly about the reason why the IP was inaccessible.

Still doesn’t excuse your awful support.

• Posting your ip and root password on LET or anywhere else, is not the most reasonable thing to do.

Thanked by 2eol Ympker
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Janevski said:
    Posting your ip and root password on LET or anywhere else, is not the most reasonable thing to do.

Meh, once it’s starts sending spam (again?) and gets suspended it will be again a provider’s fault, certainly not the OP’s, right :-)?

Thanked by 3Ympker Letzien wevrlabs
  • @Clouvider said:

@Janevski said:
    Posting your ip and root password on LET or anywhere else, is not the most reasonable thing to do.

Meh, once it’s starts sending spam (again?) and gets suspended it will be again a provider’s fault, certainly not the OP’s, right :-)?

Definitely provider fault. How much incompetence you gotta be to need root password to check ip? Both should be fired.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@smile said:

@Clouvider said:

@Janevski said:

Definitely provider fault. How much incompetence you gotta be to need root password to check ip? Both should be fired.

You have no clue of what you’re talking about, do you ?

• @smile said:

You reotard. You don't know much about hosting do you? When it comes to technical support, the customer is rarely right. As TimboJones mentioned, the customer could have locked himself out with fail2ban. A good tech would login as root to check such things.

"My IP is no longer working" could easily mean "I blacklisted myself"

• @blackbird said:
    You reotard.

Thanked by 1blackbird
  • @eol said:

@blackbird said:
    You reotard.

That was intentional, fucknuts. Eat a dick.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • #ducks

Thanked by 1eol
  • @blackbird said:

@eol said:

@blackbird said:
    You reotard.

That was intentional

Sure.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end was nigh.

Thanked by 1eol
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2019

I hate a customer service that doesn't have a slightest idea what's going on. They should know better than the customer.

How the fuck they didn't know the ip is null routed. And even more so how the fuck they think their ip is working, this kind of customer service baffles me.

This thread won't exist if they have a competent customer service. So much for engineer.

I think the title is right on point in this case.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @Clouvider said:

@smile said:

@Clouvider said:

@Janevski said:

You have no clue of what you’re talking about, do you ?

speak for yourself. I read the thread. :neutral:

Thanked by 4blackbird FHR eol samm
  • @smile said:

speak for yourself. I read the thread. :neutral:

Why are you so easy to hate?

• smilesmile Member
    edited February 2019

@blackbird said:

@smile said:

You reotard. You don't know much about hosting do you? When it comes to technical support, the customer is rarely right. As TimboJones mentioned, the customer could have locked himself out with fail2ban. A good tech would login as root to check such things.

"My IP is no longer working" could easily mean "I blacklisted myself"

I would fire you because you are incompetent too. The ticket clearly says cannot access at all. Why does support need root password to ping/ssh the ip and give the customer a cut and paste showing that he can access it. Don't need root access to check if the ip is responding but you clearly lack common sense.

Thanked by 2blackbird FHR