Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[USA,India] - Anything-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free Trial - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[USA,India] - Anything-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free Trial

2»

Comments

• @gol3m said:

@yokowasis said:
    Good stuff if your websites love to spike. I even at one time the processor goes into 10 GHZ, it's much better than renting a Dedi.

It seems like the opposite to me. Paying for a good value VPS or dedi gives you so much resources that you never have to worry about scaling and pay less.

Depends on what's the definition of scaling for the actual user.

Moreover whatever good value VPS or dedi is, it won't give redundancy, failover, load balancing and what not that this solution promises. And yes automation of deployment on a single server?

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • It's not sound good, i just try to calculate about mostly need for website developing consumption opposite to traffic pay, it's more over $7 you should pay.

14 days trial it will not enough how to calculate developing web as your role starting all your business as beginner.

(It is look like promising but as you start from beginner level when you should build everything from zero).

In simple words mean it costly for web which need traffic consumption.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@d2itsme said:
    It's not sound good, i just try to calculate about mostly need for website developing consumption opposite to traffic pay, it's more over $7 you should pay.

14 days trial it will not enough how to calculate developing web as your role starting all your business as beginner.

We can offer a longer trial or POC or some free funds to get you started.

(It is look like promising but as you start from beginner level when you should build everything from zero).

In simple words mean it costly for web which need traffic consumption.

We already include 1GB external traffic free of cost per hour. Additional bandwidth cost is volume based and goes down a lot if you use significant amount of bandwidth.

Thanked by 1d2itsme

We have clients moving from other LET providers and saving costs due to the dynamic scaling.

One customer hosting multiple NodeJS applications on one popular LET host was paying $150 per month which came down to $80 per month on CloudJiffy.

As entrepreneurs, we always expect our applications to get a lot more traffic/usage. However the reality is very different and our Pay for Consumption model ensures you don't waste any resources/money.

• asderik5633asderik5633 Member
    edited February 2019

I was looking for something like that, in order to install and use "Android x86"
    (without having to use vmware esxi).
    Is this possible ?

@asderik5633 said:
    I was looking for something like that, in order to install and use "Android x86"
    Is this possible ?

There are many Android Docker images - https://hub.docker.com/search?q=Android&type=image

You can deploy any of these in CloudJiffy.

• asderik5633asderik5633 Member
    edited February 2019

@leapswitch said:

@asderik5633 said:
    Is this possible ?

There are many Android Docker images - https://hub.docker.com/search?q=Android&type=image

I need a full android system, not a developer platform.
    Because my intention is not to develop apps, but to run apps exactly as if I am using my smartphone.
    Can you (or any other reading here) tell me if one of these dockers is the solution ? (if so, which ?) It looks like they are just developer environments without a visual access to the machine with mouse and keyboard control.

@asderik5633 said:

@leapswitch said:

@asderik5633 said:
    Is this possible ?

I need a full android system, not a developer platform.
    Because my intention is not to develop apps, but to run apps exactly as if I am using my smartphone.
    Can you (or any other reading here) tell me if one of these dockers is the solution ? (if so, which ?) It looks like they are just developer environments without a visual access to the machine with mouse and keyboard control.

You can try this one - https://github.com/budtmo/docker-android

• Too long to read.
    Can i get this wooden table as a service?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @leapswitch said:
    As entrepreneurs, we always expect our applications to get a lot more traffic/usage. However the reality is very different and our Pay for Consumption model ensures you don't waste any resources/money.

"How dare you! don't you know we are going to be bigger than Byjus in 3mos? " /s

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @Vinayak said:

@gol3m said:

@yokowasis said:
    Good stuff if your websites love to spike. I even at one time the processor goes into 10 GHZ, it's much better than renting a Dedi.

It seems like the opposite to me. Paying for a good value VPS or dedi gives you so much resources that you never have to worry about scaling and pay less.

Moreover whatever good value VPS or dedi is, it won't give redundancy, failover, load balancing and what not that this solution promises. And yes automation of deployment on a single server?

So you pay hundreds of dollars a month because you don't want to rent one Hetzner and one OVH dedi?

• @gol3m said:

@yokowasis said:

In some cases (E. G. Mine), even a 8 x 2 core xeon with 32 gb of ram can't handle the spike. It makes my website stopped working, and my user can't do shit.

Good thing about this service is you don't need to give a fuck about the spec of Dedi /vps you need to rent. Also it's not like my website use all of the resource all day of the month. Most of the time mine is used about 7 days in a month, some month it's not even used, so I will just pay the cost for the website being online / idle.

Being able to change the spec of the vps on the fly sure is neat.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • If you are familiar with Google App engine, it's basically the same. It spawns a new instances and scale accordingly.

• The only sad thing about this is the total isolation between all containers and the need for separate VMs and public IPs. I have a 35$ dollar Hetzner server split in half with a friend into 2 VPSs (I got 4 cores, 16GB RAM) and I host 20 docker containers in mine using docker swarm. One public IP and an nginx reverse proxy handling all certificates and renewals. So, it costs me 17.5$ a month and, with this, IPs alone would cost 30$.

@luissousa said:
    The only sad thing about this is the total isolation between all containers and the need for separate VMs and public IPs. I have a 35$ dollar Hetzner server split in half with a friend into 2 VPSs (I got 4 cores, 16GB RAM) and I host 20 docker containers in mine using docker swarm. One public IP and an nginx reverse proxy handling all certificates and renewals. So, it costs me 17.5$ a month and, with this, IPs alone would cost 30$.

You don't need public IPs at all. All containers are on a private network. You can have a single Nginx Reverse Proxy handling all requests with a public IP and it can connect to all your containers over the public network. We have inbuilt Docker and Docker Swarm support. All your 20 docker containers will also benefit from the auto-vertical scaling that we offer.

Give us 15 minutes for a demo and we will ensure it is a much better solution to what you currently use - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo

@gol3m said:

@Vinayak said:

@gol3m said:

@yokowasis said:

So you pay hundreds of dollars a month because you don't want to rent one Hetzner and one OVH dedi?

How do you come up with 100s of dollars ? CloudJiffy charges as low as $5.6 per CONSUMED GB of RAM per month if used 24x7 for entire 30 days.

This includes automatic scaling (vertical and horizontal), cloning, free daily backups, automated stack deployment , Git/SVN integration, File manager, Code editor and NO charges if you STOP the instance.

I would love it if people spend 100s of dollars on CloudJiffy, but that's not the case. Users moving from any provider have ended up saving costs and DevOps time.

• Is there an option to bring up a VPN (or proxy) on demand? Either a simple SSH (with terminal) docker or maybe even an OpenVPN or Wireguard instance.

edited February 2019

@nullnothere said:
    Is there an option to bring up a VPN (or proxy) on demand? Either a simple SSH (with terminal) docker or maybe even an OpenVPN or Wireguard instance.

Yes! You can spin up a Docker of OpenVPN or WireGuard -

https://hub.docker.com/r/kylemanna/openvpn/

Or you can just deploy a container with Docker Engine (we have web based SSH if you don't want to mess around with keys)

Or you can deploy a container with CentOS 7 / Ubuntu 16 and get the full Elastic VPS experience.

Thanked by 2nullnothere imok
  • DimeDime Member
    edited March 2019

@leapswitch said:

@nullnothere said:
    Is there an option to bring up a VPN (or proxy) on demand? Either a simple SSH (with terminal) docker or maybe even an OpenVPN or Wireguard instance.

Yes! You can spin up a Docker of OpenVPN or WireGuard -

https://hub.docker.com/r/kylemanna/openvpn/

Or you can just deploy a container with Docker Engine (we have web based SSH if you don't want to mess around with keys)

Or you can deploy a container with CentOS 7 / Ubuntu 16 and get the full Elastic VPS experience.

Additionally, you can use add-on OpenVPN Access Server with Let’s Encrypt CA for your existing environments.
    Or use the following JPS manifest https://github.com/jelastic-jps/openvpn-as/blob/master/openvpn-centos7/manifest.jps, which creates new environment with CentOS based Elastic VPS and installs OpenVPN inside.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7

I am abit weak in math. Anyone care to explain how it derive in $7?

@hellfire1980 said:
    Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7

At CloudJiffy we charge on average usage (not plans or limits).

If you reserve 3200Mhz / 1GB RAM in India region, that is 8 reserved cloudets costing $6.64 per month. 20GB SSD space and ~730GB monthly bandwidth is free of cost.

• @hellfire1980 said:
    Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7

Interested in this as well, as the 1GB memory means 8 cloudlets at 5.6 usd/month, plus an ipv4 at 1.5/month already brings the total to 7.1 usd/month.

• @teamacc said:

@hellfire1980 said:

Interested in this as well, as the 1GB memory means 8 cloudlets at 5.6 usd/month, plus an ipv4 at 1.5/month already brings the total to 7.1 usd/month.

so it is just .1

you may forgive him for that mistake

See explanations above in the first post of this page.

An IPv4 is not necessary to host applications on CloudJiffy, we provide free subdomain to which you can point CNAME records.

Also, this is just an example, usage will vary throughout the day/hour and is tracked every 20 seconds.

While comparing CloudJiffy to other providers, compare the features and ease of use rather than the cost as that is not an apples to apples comparison.

We are not trying to beat other plain vps or so-called Cloud providers who offer nothing but a bare OS. This is a full fledged PaaS which allows you to spend time on developing your applications rather than configuring and managing servers.

• interesting, but meh, trial only for hosting, need to deposit before could use the 'scalable vps'.

@reikuzan said:
    interesting, but meh, trial only for hosting, need to deposit before could use the 'scalable vps'.

We can't provide root access containers to unpaid / trial users due to abuse. However you can always get in touch with our support team and they can upgrade your trial to include Scalable/Elastic VPS.

We recommend trying out our PaaS before Elastic VPS, you will find it much easier to use than a VPS.