Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[USA,India] - Anything-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free Trial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[USA,India] - Anything-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free Trial

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello LET members,

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks.

We have launched a new , never seen before on LET , Elastic VPS offering called CloudJiffy . Watch a 2 minute video

Current process of setting up a VM/server -

• Select a plan as per expected usage/traffic
  • Select OS
  • Install Web server
  • Install PHP/Java/NodeJS etc
  • Install database server
  • Configure everything to work with each other
  • Install SSL / LetsEncrypt
  • Secure the server

Finally, hope that the configuration works, resources will be enough and that the main node doesn't go down.

How about a revolution in this process ?

We propose -

No plan selection - Pay for the CPU/RAM/space that your application actually consumes.

Easy GUI to select -

• Load balancer (Nginx, Haproxy, Varnish etc)
  • Web/Application server (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, Springboot, Node etc)
  • Language (PHP , Java, Python, NodeJS with major/minor version)
  • Database (MySQL , Postgresql etc with or without clustering)

Entire setup automatically installed and configured within 5 minutes, no DevOps knowledge required. All services are setup as different containers on multiple physical servers.

Interesting ?

CloudJiffy is based on Virtuozzo 7 / Jelastic and has the following main features -

• Anything-as-a-service - CloudJiffy will auto-deploy your preferred stack as a highly-available cluster Automatically, within Minutes.
  • Automatic Vertical scaling - Set your container to 128 MB RAM and let it scale upto 128 GB of RAM , as and when required. Perfect option for LET's Idling Containers.
  • Cloudlets - Containers are set and measured in Cloudlets used - each cloudlet is 128MB RAM and 400Mhz CPU
  • Hourly Billing - Your container(s) are billed per hour, based on number of Cloudlets used.
  • Docker Hub - CloudJiffy connects to Docker Hub so that you can deploy any public or private Docker template.

CloudJiffy also has a large number of DevOps features -

• Web SSH/RDP - Web based SSH and RDP within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.
  • File manager - Edit config files, application files, upload/remove files and folders within the portal.
  • Statistics - View CPU, RAM, Disk, Traffic stats within CloudJiffy on a per container basis.
  • Logging - View application and container logs within the interface.
  • Clone Environments - Clone running VPS, containers or entire environments.
  • Collaborations- Collaborate with users giving them limited/unlimited access to one or more environments.
  • Alerts - Automated load alerts are setup for each of your containers are configurable through the interface.
  • Horizontal Scaling - Setup triggers and load balancers for automated horizontal scaling.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

Interested ? Here is how Pricing works -

Cloudlets - $0.7 onwards per month 
Storage - 20GB SSD Free - $0.03 per GB per month
Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - $0.03 per GB
Public IPv4 - $1.5 per month

Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of $10 .

What does $7 get you for an entire month -

Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7 :)

We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

**Datacenter, Server Hardware and Network -

US West1**

• Los Angeles, California based Tier 3 Datacenter - Same datacenter used by Leapswitch Networks .
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 1000mbps network - 100mbps limit per container .
  • SSD RAID10 .
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

IN West1

• Pune, India based Tier 3 Datacenter - Same datacenter used by Leapswitch Networks.
  • TATA, Vodafone, Airtel and NIXI network.
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM.
  • 1000mbps network - 100mbps limit per container.
  • SSD RAID10.
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

Support options -

Payment methods -

• USD - Major Credit Cards (via Stripe)
  • INR - Credit cards/Debit Cards/Net Banking (Indians, via Instamojo)
  • Check / Cash / NEFT (HDFC, Kotak)

Why Leapswitch Networks -

• #1 Company in Pune (top 10 in India) according to number of domains hosted. - 25000+
  • Registered Pvt Ltd. and Inc - 12th year in business (Since 2006)
  • 24x7 Live Technical Support and Monitoring
  • Fully Owned Hardware - Servers, Power, Network Equipment and IPs - We do not Resell
  • Brand Name Genuine SuperMicro and ASUS Hardware
  • Operations in 19 locations worldwide
  • Serving 16000+ customers from 110+ countries

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Ishan

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb

Comments

• Why does the dashboard demo on your website look so much different to the one in the video?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@muffin said:
    Why does the dashboard demo on your website look so much different to the one in the video?

The video is just an illustration of how it works, it is not an actual demo -

For demos, you can view our Youtube channel . Example PHP application deployment on CloudJiffy -

• Holy smokes, I remember I signed up for this trial a while back and was overwhelmed by the number of options and abandoned it.

It looks good for someone who might want to set up apps without worrying about the underlying system, but for me I'd rather a KVM or dedi and get my hands dirty and learn along the way.

Interesting service for sure, just not for me right now :)

Thanked by 2eol leapswitch

@dahartigan said:
    Holy smokes, I remember I signed up for this trial a while back and was overwhelmed by the number of options and abandoned it.

I understand how that feels. That's why we recommend signing up for a demo with our solution architect - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo . Once you start deploying apps on it, you will love it.

It looks good for someone who might want to set up apps without worrying about the underlying system, but for me I'd rather a KVM or dedi and get my hands dirty and learn along the way.

Wouldn't you rather spend more time building apps than learn how to fix server issues :) ?

Let me know if you are interested in a quick demo , we would love to have you on-board.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2019

I have you bookmarked in my "too premium for right now" folder, if I find fixing server issues to be too tedious and no longer worth my time I'll set it up on your infra, it definitely looks like a unique service offering for LET and I hope it's successful.

For what it's worth, I still can't bring myself to give up a monthly VPS for an hourly billed cloud solution, which says more about me than it does your service, trust me lol

Edit: having said that, it would be more economical to run up an application as needed if needed than it would to idle a bunch of servers for months on end. I have an abundance of idlers that my random testing happens on, but if I didn't have those then hourly would be way cheaper and less headaches I'd imagine.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@dahartigan said:
    I have you bookmarked in my "too premium for right now" folder, if I find fixing server issues to be too tedious and no longer worth my time I'll set it up on your infra, it definitely looks like a unique service offering for LET and I hope it's successful.

For what it's worth, I still can't bring myself to give up a monthly VPS for an hourly billed cloud solution, which says more about me than it does your service, trust me lol

Edit: having said that, it would be more economical to run up an application as needed if needed than it would to idle a bunch of servers for months on end. I have an abundance of idlers that my random testing happens on, but if I didn't have those then hourly would be way cheaper and less headaches I'd imagine.

The best part about us is that we don't charge for stopped instances and we charge bare minimum for idle instances.

Example - if you deploy a Magento application, it will require 2 containers - Nginx/PHP and MySQL

Minimum/Idle consumption on CloudJiffy for this will be 2 cloudlets = $1.66 per month

If you stop the Magento environment, you won't be charged anything.

• That's different, so no charge even for the ipv4 if stopped?

On the other hand let's say that magento site went viral, I could then add more web and db servers? Would it automatically set up things like db replication? Ie could a non-technical person set up a simple WordPress (for example) site and expand it with the click of a button?

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@dahartigan said:
    That's different, so no charge even for the ipv4 if stopped?

IPv4 is charged, Compute is not charged. You can remove the IP and add a new one at any time. We offer free sub-domain and internal IP . You can always point your domain via CNAME record to the subdomain.

On the other hand let's say that magento site went viral, I could then add more web and db servers? Would it automatically set up things like db replication? Ie could a non-technical person set up a simple WordPress (for example) site and expand it with the click of a button?

There are multiple ways to do this -

1. Vertical scaling is automated, so your Web and database server will auto-scale up till they reach the vertical scaling limit.

2. You can add more web servers with a load balancer Manually or Automatically (Auto Horizontal scaling). Both are available through the GUI and code is automatically cloned to new web servers.

3. Database servers cannot be added later unless they is a running cluster. During setup we give you the option to choose Standalone MySQL , Master-Slave , Master-Master or Multi-Master within the GUI.

Wordpress deployment we have 2 options available in GUI -

Standalone Wordpress - 1 Nginx and 1 MySQL both having auto-vertical scaling

Wordpress cluster - Load balancer, multiple Nginx and MySQL clustered with auto-vertical and horizontal scaling.

Example of Magento Cluster - http://cloudjiffy.com/magento-cluster.php

• That's actually really cool! I may have a client who would benefit from that kind of platform, so I'll definitely look that as an option for them.

It makes sense that the IP is charged, it wouldn't make good business sense for you otherwise lol.

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm genuinely curious because it sounds awesome and hopefully my questions help someone who is looking for what you offer.

At the very least it sounds like a decent alternative to shared hosting for bigger sites.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@dahartigan said:
    That's actually really cool! I may have a client who would benefit from that kind of platform, so I'll definitely look that as an option for them.

We look forward to having you onboard. Setup a call when you are ready so that we can help you get the best architecture on our PaaS.

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm genuinely curious because it sounds awesome and hopefully my questions help someone who is looking for what you offer.

Thank you for the questions. We know it is too much to put in a single post and these questions help.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • What if I don’t want to scale up and pay more

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@TheOnlyDK said:
    What if I don’t want to scale up and pay more

You can set Scaling limit same as the Reserved Limit.

There are 3 ways to allocate resources -

1. 0 reserved - 100% scaling - 100% dynamic compute price

2. X reserved and Y scaling ( X < Y ) - Variable compute price with X reserved fixed monthly price.

3. 100% reserved - 0 scaling - Fixed compute price.

• So... AaaS ? Ass...

Thanked by 2leapswitch eol

@vovler said:
    So... AaaS ? Ass...

LOL, yes.

We call it Anything as a service because it supports not just PHP, JAVA, RUBY, NodeJS, Python, Go but anything which is Dockerized.

Example - You want to host an app which uses Varnish as a caching load balancer with multiple Nginx web servers running NodeJS and PHP with clustered MongoDB and Mysql, alongwith Redis cache and Elasticsearch.

A deployment including all of this takes <10 minutes and you can select all of it using our GUI. No installation, configuration, troubleshooting needed.

Isn't that Anything As A Service? :)

• I was very interested until I saw the 100mbps cap. I refuse to buy a datacenter product that is slower than my home interenet connection..

@blackbird said:
    I was very interested until I saw the 100mbps cap. I refuse to buy a datacenter product that is slower than my home interenet connection..

We can increase it on request per container and you can always use horizontal scaling to scale it up further as each container can have its own public network.

• @leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:
    I was very interested until I saw the 100mbps cap. I refuse to buy a datacenter product that is slower than my home interenet connection..

We can increase it on request per container and you can always use horizontal scaling to scale it up further as each container can have its own public network.

But why? You charge for traffic, not for bandwidth. Limiting the port speed is counterintuitive... It should be the opposite. One should have full speed (bandwidth) by default and request limited bandwidth if needed for some reason

@blackbird said:

@leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:

But why? You charge for traffic, not for bandwidth. Limiting the port speed is counterintuitive... It should be the opposite. One should have full speed (bandwidth) by default and request limited bandwidth if needed for some reason

Our first location was India, where 100mbps is normal. Unfortunately, our system does not allow separate default limits by region as of now so US region also has the same defaults.

We can increase it on request in US region and we are working on supporting region wise defaults so that we can provide improved speeds by default in US region and upcoming regions as well.

• @leapswitch said:
    Isn't that Anything As A Service? :)

Ass As A Service.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:

@leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:

Our first location was India, where 100mbps is normal. Unfortunately, our system does not allow separate default limits by region as of now so US region also has the same defaults.

We can increase it on request in US region and we are working on supporting region wise defaults so that we can provide improved speeds by default in US region and upcoming regions as well.

Would you charge extra for increased port speed?

@entrailz said:

@leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:

@leapswitch said:

@blackbird said:

Would you charge extra for increased port speed?

No, no charges for increased port speeds.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

leapswitch said: We call it Anything as a service because it supports not just PHP, JAVA, RUBY, NodeJS, Python, Go but anything which is Dockerized.

So, the crucial question here is... are you running everything directly in the Docker daemon on the host node, or do you have eg. each service within its own QEMU/KVM instance? Because Docker is definitely not designed to securely contain untrusted users or code.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@joepie91 said:

leapswitch said: We call it Anything as a service because it supports not just PHP, JAVA, RUBY, NodeJS, Python, Go but anything which is Dockerized.

So, the crucial question here is... are you running everything directly in the Docker daemon on the host node, or do you have eg. each service within its own QEMU/KVM instance? Because Docker is definitely not designed to securely contain untrusted users or code.

We are running on Virtuozzo 7. A new container is deployed for each service and the Docker for that service will run within that Virtuozzo container.

So if you are deploying an Apache/PHP and MYSQL application, you will get 2 Virtuozzo containers, one with Apache/PHP and one with MySQL.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@leapswitch said:

@joepie91 said:

We are running on Virtuozzo 7. A new container is deployed for each service and the Docker for that service will run within that Virtuozzo container.

So if you are deploying an Apache/PHP and MYSQL application, you will get 2 Virtuozzo containers, one with Apache/PHP and one with MySQL.

That sounds good. Quite an interesting service, in that case :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Looks interesting. Any plans for an EU location?

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@Sova said:
    Looks interesting. Any plans for an EU location?

We are working on setting up Amsterdam and Frankfurt. We should have them live in March/April. I'll be visiting both locations in March during Cloudfest to finalize the setups.

We are already present in multiple EU locations through our parent company Leapswitch Networks.

• Sounds good! I'll keep an eye on you guys until then.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

We had many LET members ask this on chat -

Storage -

1. Though we use Docker, each service has its own persistent block storage. So you can store files the same way you do on an Openvz / KVM vps.

2. We offer shared block storage where a single block storage can be mounted across multiple containers. Think common images / uploads folder across 4 Apache web servers.

3. We offer Object storage using Minio where you can deploy 1 node, 4 node, 8 node or 16 node Minio cluster. You are only charged for compute and disk/traffic used by Minio, not for each API request.

• Good stuff if your websites love to spike. I even at one time the processor goes into 10 GHZ, it's much better than renting a Dedi.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @yokowasis said:
    Good stuff if your websites love to spike. I even at one time the processor goes into 10 GHZ, it's much better than renting a Dedi.

It seems like the opposite to me. Paying for a good value VPS or dedi gives you so much resources that you never have to worry about scaling and pay less.