Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna)

15678911»

Comments

• @Skander said:

@jam said:
    @Abdullah can you see ticket #104420 ??
    i'm waiting since sunday, no more responses since monday.

Support is (very) slow sometimes. Took more than 3 weeks for me to get an answer once.
    Though that was when I asked for an update on IPv6 support.

Don't be alarmed (or be, if you expected better :lol: )

Comes with the price I guess.

What has low price got to do with it?

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited August 2019

@rchurch said:

@Skander said:

@jam said:
    @Abdullah can you see ticket #104420 ??
    i'm waiting since sunday, no more responses since monday.

Support is (very) slow sometimes. Took more than 3 weeks for me to get an answer once.
    Though that was when I asked for an update on IPv6 support.

Don't be alarmed (or be, if you expected better :lol: )

Comes with the price I guess.

What has low price got to do with it?

Support costs money. Pay peanuts and you get less support.
    Only applies if nothing is wrong on their end obviously.

• Support costs money. Pay peanuts and you get less support.
    Only applies if nothing is wrong on their end obviously.

I don' t think they have asked you to make excuses for them.

They've been around for 8 years and should have gotten their act together by now.

The volume is supposed to compensate for lower prices unless their hardware is crap.

• rchurch said: Do these guys respond to tickets at all?

Yes.

• @rchurch said:
    Do these guys respond to tickets at all?

Yes they do, at times they are busy with other priorities to provide us with more offers which might result in delayed response but be assured you will get a response.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@rchurch said:
    I don' t think they have asked you to make excuses for them.

I would say probably that's a good thing that they didn't, ammirite? :smiley:

And yet here we are. Just trying to help manage expectations I suppose.

HostHatch support is a known quantity - @Abdullah will tell you that it is necessarily limited when it comes to the deep discount deals. Though they would like to do better - and may by some miracle manage to overcome the simple reality that timely attention from a skilled human does not scale as easily as hardware - that's the deal we've been signing up for so far.

If you want priority support, I'm sure you can work out a deal to pay what it costs to provide whatever level of support you need.

EDIT2:

I do understand the frustration when not getting a response to a ticket.

Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised with quick turnaround.

Other times I've been (even more) pleasantly surprised to get a follow-up after some weeks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• It's been known HH support is awful, that's why you pay low.

Services are decent, but support is rediculously bad, if you want better support go with @Francisco and get a slice (tm).

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • SirFoxy said: It's been known HH support is awful

It's a really small sample set since I've only needed them twice in the past six months but both times they were fine. Maybe I've been very lucky. < shrug >

Thanked by 3SirFoxy uptime BBTN
  • @skorous said:

SirFoxy said: It's been known HH support is awful

It's a really small sample set since I've only needed them twice in the past six months but both times they were fine. Maybe I've been very lucky. < shrug >

You might have some patience as well, and expectations that are well within reason.

Thanked by 2skorous uptime
  • ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• AuroraZ said: expectations that are well within reason.

I feel like I should defend myself against being labeled "reasonable" ;-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • my experience with their support is for the most part really good.

They've never wasted my time with BS.

Once I submitted a ticket to get internal networking setup between 2 servers in LA and never got a reply. Didn't care to ask again, and eventually cancelled one of the servers anyway. But that's when I realized HostHatch support might not be perfect! You can imagine my dismay. I sank into the deepest depths of existential despair and questioned every decision I had ever made in my life.

Eventually I got over it though. Sort of, anyway. I guess maybe I'm still a bit bitter. I've been drinking to forget, and smoking to remember. So I've got that going for me ... which is nice.

Thanked by 4Ouji bdl FrankZ AuroraZ
  • Any new offers , I had the 1tb Amsterdam and I wanted to upgrade !