Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-4 Flash sale, 2x2TB for 8.99€ + 9.99€ Setup - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-4 Flash sale, 2x2TB for 8.99€ + 9.99€ Setup

124»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ninzo59 said:

@Neoon said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

For your info, we extend the offer until Monday.

Could you fix your caching issue?
    It does not list the 13.99 4TB, I expect that is expected.

But it does pop up at random times for no reason.
    Looks like to me like a caching issue.

Well it seems the cache issue is on your side ? But ye..that can happens.

Any love in CA?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2019

You> @ninzo59 said:

Hello,

At this rate that means I’m going to end up with 5 of these.

Thanked by 3uptime Limpan ninzo59
  • That's a lot of testicles tentacles ...

• @ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

Not selling as fast as expected eh? should have made it 40% off instead of 35, then I would bite!

• @ninzo59 any plans for the i5?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

KS10 / KS4C, the i5 with 50% off, that would be a dream.
    But I guess it wont happen anytime soon again.

• @rm_ said:

chrisp said: I think this kind of setup was great 5 years ago.

Because 5 years ago apt-upgrade didn't timeout for you?

You're right, it does sound dumber than I expected. Still, I'd rather go with the SyS 4T than having setup fees on that thing.

• Neoon said: KS10 / KS4C, the i5 with 50% off, that would be a dream.

That would be a nightmare for us addicts: that's the kind of server you want to renew even when you don't need it anymore ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @dfroe said:

@akhfa said:
    Mind to share the reference about how to setup this kind of disk encryption?

Well, the magic keywords to start researching might actually be 'dm-crypt' and 'LUKS'.
    For example: dm-crypt/Device encryption - ArchWiki

I initialized my partition with

cryptsetup -v --type luks --cipher serpent-xts-plain64 --key-size 512 --hash whirlpool --iter-time 20000 --use-urandom --verify-passphrase luksFormat /dev/sdXX

You may choose cipher and hash algorithm according to your cryptographic trust (or the numbers of cryptsetup benchmark). AES (Rijndael), Twofish and Serpent are all modern ciphers without practical weakness yet.

Besides that you need of course to partition your harddisk and setup a filesystem on top of /dev/mapper/myCryptDev after you opened the encrypted partition with cryptsetup luksOpen myCryptDev /dev/sdXX but I won't write yet another step by step guide here; there are already enough on the internet (and the manpages on your system). ;)

Very nice explanation, thanks :wink:

Seems like good setting to set up backup server. I don't have this kind of encryption idea before :smiley:

• @ninzo59 - it looks like these are in RBX. Nothing in GRA even this time around?

• The one I got a couple days ago is in GRA

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@vish said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

Not selling as fast as expected eh? should have made it 40% off instead of 35, then I would bite!

We just found more stocks, so I extended it :). Is there really a significative difference between 35%/40% ?

@ehab said:
    @ninzo59 any plans for the i5?

@Neoon said:
    KS10 / KS4C, the i5 with 50% off, that would be a dream.
    But I guess it wont happen anytime soon again.

I doubt there will be a KS-10 in flash sale before few month (if that happens).

@nullnothere said:
    @ninzo59 - it looks like these are in RBX. Nothing in GRA even this time around?

Only 5 left in GRA, most of the current stock are in RBX now. Like I already said here, it's random.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

ninzo59 said: I doubt there will be a KS-10 in flash sale before few month (if that happens).

Could you give more information regarding the next OVH/SYS sale you mentioned earlier?

@datanoise said:

ninzo59 said: I doubt there will be a KS-10 in flash sale before few month (if that happens).

Could you give more information regarding the next OVH/SYS sale you mentioned earlier?

I can't for now sorry. Just consider there will be CA datacenter :), beginning of next week.

Thanked by 2eol datanoise
  • ninzo59 said: I can't for now sorry. Just consider there will be CA datacenter :), beginning of next week.

No problem, thanks! Let's wait a bit and see what you have to offer.
    A not too expensive machine with SSD(s) would be great...

• Thanks ...i will wait for next week.

@datanoise said:

ninzo59 said: I can't for now sorry. Just consider there will be CA datacenter :), beginning of next week.

No problem, thanks! Let's wait a bit and see what you have to offer.
    A not too expensive machine with SSD(s) would be great...

Erm, not on SSD sorry.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • ninzo59 said: Erm, not on SSD sorry.

Maybe next time? ;)

• @ninzo59 - is it possible to request for a machine in GRA via ticket? It is useful to have machines in different DCs for backups.

@nullnothere said:
    @ninzo59 - is it possible to request for a machine in GRA via ticket? It is useful to have machines in different DCs for backups.

Fair point, but to be honest, I doubt it :/. You can try though.

@datanoise said:

ninzo59 said: Erm, not on SSD sorry.

Maybe next time? ;)

Yes maybe, will see if I can do it on next one :)

• @ninzo59 said:

@vish said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

We just found more stocks, so I extended it :). Is there really a significative difference between 35%/40% ?

well I'm paying the same price for the sys 4TB ARM so another 5% off would simply give a reason to say "oh look, it's cheaper than what I'm paying now" despite the setup fees! :smiley:

• vish said: give a reason to say "oh look, it's cheaper than what I'm paying now"

That's exactly what they want to avoid and why they stopped offering the really cheap servers oles launched a couple of years ago: customers were cancelling their stuff to move to the cheaper servers so they increased their prices.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2019

nullnothere said: - is it possible to request for a machine in GRA via ticket?

At which point do you expect to request that, before their fully automated billing system takes your order and their fully automated deployment system provisions it for you... or after both of that?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rm_ said:

At which point do you expect to request that, before their fully automated billing system takes your order and their fully automated deployment system provisions it for you... or after both of that?

Well, OVH has options for which DC, Kimsufi has not.
    Sure someone from support could generate him a invoice for a dedi in gravelands.

But if they want do it, I would say no.
    Since its Kimsufi ,its budget, random blyat.

• Any chance of the i5 or i7's going on a special sale anytime soon ??

• @Neoon said:

@rm_ said:

Well, OVH has options for which DC, Kimsufi has not.
    Sure someone from support could generate him a invoice for a dedi in gravelands.

But if they want do it, I would say no.
    Since its Kimsufi ,its budget, random blyat.

I would have been happy to try it out via a ticket at any stage as long as finally I got a KS at GRA. But as pointed out, I think it is unlikely to work and of course then I'm stuck without an option to even seek a refund.