Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new small kvm yearly from first-root
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

new small kvm yearly from first-root

just received this via mail and thought it might be of interest:

auf Grund der großen Nachfrage von Kunden und Interessenten haben wir unsere KVM Power Reihe um ein weiteres Modell erweitert.
Anfang Februar werden wir unseren Neuzugang der KVM Power Reihe, den KVM Power E3 LET, offiziell vorstellen aber du hast schon heute die Möglichkeit diesen über unsere Webseite zu bestellen.

Mit einem CPU Core (Fair-Share), 512MB Ram und 10 GB SSD (Intel Enterprise SSD) ist dies der ideale VPS für kleinere E-Mail Systeme, DNS-Server oder private Entwicklungsumgebungen.
Bestellen kannst du ihn unter: https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-let/

Wie bei allen unseren VPS ist natürlich ein natives /64 Ipv6 Netz, eine statische IPv4 Adresse und Zugang zu unserem F-Com Control Panel inklusive.

Zum Start werden wir nur ein geringes Kontingent an VPS verfügbar haben, schnell sein lohnt sich also!

TL;DR; 1core, 512MB, 10GB SSD and 2TB bw at 20€ yearly from a very decent provider. kudos to @FR_Michael for going deeper into the woods ;-)

Comments

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@Falzo said:
    Due to the high demand from customers and interested parties, we have extended our KVM Power series with another model.

At the beginning of February, we will officially introduce our new addition to the KVM Power range, the KVM Power E3 LET, but today you have the opportunity to order it via our website.

With a CPU Core (Fair-Share), 512MB Ram and 10GB SSD (Intel Enterprise SSD), this is the ideal VPS for smaller e-mail systems, DNS servers or private development environments.
    You can order it at: https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-let/

As with all our VPS, there is of course a native / 64 Ipv6 network, a static IPv4 address and access to our F-Com Control Panel included.

At the start, we will only have a small contingent of VPS available, so be quick!

EDIT2:

• Nice one.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

This email was intended for a smaller group of customers but as you already leaked it it's fine anyway ;)

Thanked by 3eol Deepak_leb netomx
  • @FR_Michael said:
    This email was intended for a smaller group of customers but as you already leaked it it's fine anyway ;)

:-P

Thanked by 2eol First-Root

As the question came up: no free BGP with this offer, sorry.

• @FR_Michael said:

That sounds disappointing considering it is only 9 euro difference for a year for at least double everything on your next lowest offer

@smile said:

@FR_Michael said:

That sounds disappointing considering it is only 9 euro difference for a year for at least double everything on your next lowest offer

You can argue the other way as well: if you need BGP it won't ruin you to invest 9 euro per year to get free bgp and have almost double everything.

• Sounds like a good deal either way.

any eta for moon on a stick?

Thanked by 2First-Root eol
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited January 2019

Breach of trust... @Falzo
    Never read the non-disclosure agreement such mails accompany usually? Don't make them public unless absolutely sure. You and the company are both German, don't forget.

@mehargags said:
    Breach of trust... @Falzo
    Never read the non-disclosure agreement such mails accompany usually? Don't make them public unless absolutely sure. You and the company are both German, don't forget.

Internet Police already informed, @falzo will never be on LET again... Please keep going, nothing to see here...

Thanked by 3imok t0m mehargags
  • ..and NetCup drops off the internet forever.

Thanked by 2uptime Janevski

Before Falzo spoilers the next e-mail:
    We added D-Servers to our website https://www.first-root.com/dserver/power/ If you order and send me a pm on LET you get the 32GB Ram Upgrade for free (lifetime) :-)

Colo Offers are next.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

having just recently renewed my month-to-month contract for the 1 gb kvm, I was pleased to find that @FR_Michael has a customer-friendly and generally sane approach to contracts and billing. The reminder email let me know I could renew, or simply do nothing and let the contract expire.

I took this as a challenge to idle the little beastie for another month. :)

EDIT2: ("Generally sane" as far as German companies go anyway. I was wondering how, where, and when an invoice would appear, for a few days at least.)

Also noted with great amusement comments in cociu's recent thread - wherein @FR_Michael wonders how much his sanity may have been affected by just a year on LET ...

edited January 2019

@uptime said:
    having just recently renewed my month-to-month contract for the 1 gb kvm, I was pleased to find that @FR_Michael has a customer-friendly and generally sane approach to contracts and billing. The reminder email let me know I could renew, or simply do nothing and let the contract expire.

I took this as a challenge to idle the little beastie for another month.

<3

Thanked by 1uptime

@uptime said:

I took this as a challenge to idle the little beastie for another month. :)

EDIT2: ("Generally sane" as far as German companies go anyway. I was wondering how, where, and when an invoice would appear, for a few days at least.)

Also noted with great amusement comments in cociu's recent thread - wherein @FR_Michael wonders how much his sanity may have been affected by just a year on LET ...

To be honest, we learned a lot in this year on LET. We always tried to bind customers through our service and products and not through contracts. We always focussed on making things as easy and simple for customers as possible, no matter if it's managing products or cancel services. But being a year on LET gave us even more insight of what this special kind of customers demands. And we calmed down a lot, don't taking everything serious that some people do and communicate is one of the first things we learned on LET ;).

Thanked by 2uptime jefflin555
  • WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited January 2019

FR_Michael said: what this special kind of customers

That aside, any plan to counter offer the Netcup RS lines? I can't find anything comparable yet (price!) from any provider with Germany location. With RS line, I like the dedicated cores, but the spacious SAS storage is what made me stay. :neutral:

No plans on anything with dedicated cores and SAS.

Next up is Colocation although I don't think that they are interesting for LET as the prices are rather high due to electricity costs in germany.

After that we either introduce a new KVM Ultra Edition (NVMe) or my hidden new product I am working on since long and that @Falzo cannot spoil ;)

During all of this we are increasing our network capacities with new Tier1 Upstreams and Peering Points.

Thanked by 1WhizzWr
  • @FR_Michael said:

Next up is Colocation although I don't think that they are interesting for LET as the prices are rather high due to electricity costs in germany.

Ya know, electricity is pretty cheap over in France. Just sayin'.

Thanked by 1First-Root
    edited January 2019

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

And you have beautiful woman too as someone told me. But I don't speak a single word french and I like to be near our servers so I can say good night to them and stroke them if they feel bad.

Thanked by 4gol3m Letzien eol solaire
  • @FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

And you have beautiful woman too as someone told me. But I don't speak a single word french and I like to be near our servers so I can say good night to them and stroke them if they feel bad.

Afraid I'm not French, although I do have hairy armpits.

Thanked by 1uptime

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

That's so disturbing.

• @FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

That's so disturbing.

I'm male. It's kind of normal for anyone born before 2000 to have hair in no-no places.

• FR_Michael said: Next up is Colocation

I'm curious, is this in Connecta Parc D'Dorf?

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Letzien said:

@FR_Michael said:

That's so disturbing.

I'm male. It's kind of normal for anyone born before 2000 to have hair in no-no places.

I am born 1983 ;)

Thanked by 1Letzien

@twiigl said:

FR_Michael said: Next up is Colocation

I'm curious, is this in Connecta Parc D'Dorf?

Yes.

• @FR_Michael said:

I am born 1983 ;)

that makes you a f'in millenial...

edited January 2019

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

I am born 1983 ;)

• @FR_Michael said:

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

I am born 1983 ;)

Is it true that you were born the same year when jesus died?

I don't know who that is.

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

I am born 1983 ;)

Go to bed, you need to work tomorrow... :D

• @FR_Michael said:

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Falzo said:

@FR_Michael said:

I am born 1983 ;)

Go to bed, you need to work tomorrow... :D

true story!