Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i-83.net Review | Very bad experience, please avoid it!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i-83.net Review | Very bad experience, please avoid it!

edited January 2019 in Reviews

Bought SG-1024 NAT VPS from i-83.net on September 17, 2018.

On December 10, 2018, there are problem on my VPS, I tried to reboot it, but my VPS stuck did not rebooting. I am unable to access SSH nor Serial Console. I am tried to reinstall the VPS but the log report said that there was an error when creating container.
https://imgur.com/a/kgIIg5f
https://imgur.com/a/e9fdphr

I am opened a ticket on December 14, 2018 and asking them to deploy new container as I can not re-install my VPS. G. Wych replied on December 19, 2018, but until now there are no response to my reply ticket.
https://imgur.com/a/58apyKZ

I opened a ticket on January 3, 2019 to request refund because they did not solve the problem, but they still not reply nor process my refund request.
https://imgur.com/a/belnCXM

This is one of the very bad experience service I bought from LET, of course there are very good VPS with other provider in LET I used, like VirMarch and LowEndSpirit (MrVM).

At first, G Wych response were pretty good, but right now he did not response to my ticket since mid of December. @i83, if you are online you should fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1eol

Comments

• Noted!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I mean, this is nothing new, they have been like this for literally years now, the good news is you probably spent less on it than a cheap lunch so no big loss, you would throw a sandwich in the bin if you did not like it, do the same with this.

• chocolateshirt said: December 10, 2018, there are problem on my VPS

this guy lives in past/has time machine

• @uxtvdl said:

chocolateshirt said: December 10, 2018, there are problem on my VPS

This guy lacks the ability to read posts properly.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • @solaire said:

@uxtvdl said:

This guy lacks the ability to read posts properly.

this guy is Reddit graduate

• edited January 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    I mean, this is nothing new, they have been like this for literally years now, the good news is you probably spent less on it than a cheap lunch so no big loss, you would throw a sandwich in the bin if you did not like it, do the same with this.

Unfortunately that money can be used to pay 20 times of my lunch.

@uxtvdl said:

Edited some typos..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@uxtvdl said:

Edited some typos..

TYALOT

edited January 2019

chocolateshirt said: Unfortunately that money can be used to pay 20 times of my lunch.

was its a $3.00 p/year or similar service?

For me 20x my lunch would be about £80 if i was going to spend £80 with an online service you can be sure I would do a little bit of research first.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • @AnthonySmith said:

chocolateshirt said: Unfortunately that money can be used to pay 20 times of my lunch.

For me 20x my lunch would be about £80 if i was going to spend £80 with an online service you can be sure I would do a little bit of research first.

i would do research for even 0$/light year

• edited January 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

I am subscribe to the £12.5/y plan. That is sufficient for 20x of lunch in my country. Well yeah I do research on September before buying it. @i83 account still active at that time.

• chocolateshirt said: That is sufficient for 20x of lunch in my country.

Am wondering what you got for lunch for the average price of 62.5p/£0.625

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@chocolateshirt said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I am subscribe to the £12.5/y plan. That is sufficient for 20x of lunch in my country. Well yeah I do research on September before buying it. @i83 account still active at that time.

Curious to know where?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Well yeah I do research on September before buying it.

August 2018 ... https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/150194/i-83-net-3-days-no-response-to-support-ticket

April 2018 ... https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/142826/us-uk-bg-kvm-vps-1-vcore-256mb-ram-30g-storage-500gb-mth-1gbps-15-yr-25-off-code

March 2018 ... https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/139724/is-i-83-net-still-in-business

EDIT2:

It's like anything else I guess ... you pays your money and you takes your chances.

EDIT3:

This one's a peach:

When it says £15/year, does this mean you get the service for a whole year, or do you get the working server for one month, it stops working, and then your entire company goes dark for a year not responding to anything, and then you guys become active again after a year when everyones service has already expired and you refuse to refund anything for the one year downtime?

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • I'll be bit clear here i-83.net were one of best VPS provider I ever tested , either from network speed of hardware performance ,
    from an unmanaged host I didn't expect any assistance from them at all specially for the price I paid
    which is fair enough , in fact bad review like you wont hurt them that much , their existing client will renew it every year , the new client either believe what you said and try another one , and at the end some of them will come back and try i-83.net himself , or they will take the risk and put some ~10$ and see what's happened .

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Razza said:

chocolateshirt said: That is sufficient for 20x of lunch in my country.

In Central Java, ID, you can get fried catfish.

• inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2019

NanoG6 said: In Central Java, ID, you can get fried catfish

take me there please .

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@NanoG6 said:

@Razza said:

chocolateshirt said: That is sufficient for 20x of lunch in my country.

In Central Java, ID, you can get fried catfish.

That doesn't look like something you could pay me to eat.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @inklight said:

NanoG6 said: In Central Java, ID, you can get fried catfish

take me there please .

Lol yeah come here. A lot of cheap traditional food here

• Why @trewq? Are you disgusted by it? Or the portion is not big enough for you? People here will eat it with rice, not shown on the pict though

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@NanoG6 said:
    Why @trewq? Are you disgusted by it? Or the portion is not big enough for you? People here will eat it with rice, not shown on the pict though

Doesn't look appetising at all. Just culture differences :)

• @trewq said:

@NanoG6 said:
    Why @trewq? Are you disgusted by it? Or the portion is not big enough for you? People here will eat it with rice, not shown on the pict though

Doesn't look appetising at all. Just culture differences :)

Totally understandable.. but that is just one example, a lot of food on that price range, fried rice, meat balls.. Oops sorry, thread derailed.

• edited January 2019

@inklight said:
    I'll be bit clear here i-83.net were one of best VPS provider I ever tested , either from network speed of hardware performance ,
    from an unmanaged host I didn't expect any assistance from them at all specially for the price I paid
    which is fair enough , in fact bad review like you wont hurt them that much , their existing client will renew it every year , the new client either believe what you said and try another one , and at the end some of them will come back and try i-83.net himself , or they will take the risk and put some ~10$ and see what's happened .

Well, that is your experience. This is my bad experience with them, more than a month without fixing the problem that clearly not my fault. At least, they should communicate with me by replying ticket within acceptable time.

• Thanked by 1i83
  • @quadhost @i83, they're pretty much dead. Avoid them at any cost

Thanked by 1eol
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2019

chocolateshirt said: This is my bad experience with them, more than a month without fixing the problem that clearly not my fault. At least, they should communicate with me by replying ticket within acceptable time

Honesty I never had problem similar to your from any provider , I face boot up issue once with hudsonvalleyhost after 3 days I open ticket with them , after they trace-out the issue they discovered it's was my fault (Because I somehow update the kernel while trying to upgrade default Python )
    in past I was complaining about these LE provider a lot , but I realize it's comes with high risk if anything happened to your V-Server rarely find someone help to fix it , this apply to all provider I tried many of them , as long you pay 12$'ish they will never care you except if you buying bulk of servers (~e.g 100$ Yearly)

• @inklight said:

chocolateshirt said: This is my bad experience with them, more than a month without fixing the problem that clearly not my fault. At least, they should communicate with me by replying ticket within acceptable time

Honesty I never had problem similar to your from any provider , I face boot up issue once with hudsonvalleyhost after 3 days I open ticket with them , after they trace-out the issue they discovered it's was my fault (Because I somehow update the kernel while trying to upgrade default Python )
    in past I was complaining about these LE provider a lot , but I realize it's comes with high risk if anything happened to your V-Server rarely find someone help to fix it , this apply to all provider I tried many of them , as long you pay 12$'ish they will never care you except if you buying bulk of servers (~e.g 100$ Yearly)

The provider you described is so childish..

• No shit Sherlock

tl;dr

They are a zombie host, somehow they are still moving forward and eating peoples money but if you need them to think or respond in a way you might expect a host/human to respond you are wasting your time.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    tl;dr

They are a zombie host, somehow they are still moving forward and eating peoples money but if you need them to think or respond in a way you might expect a host/human to respond you are wasting your time.

Yap, I just opened a dispute on paypal. Thank you for your information. Is there a way LET moderator tackle this zombie host?

@trewq maybe a 'Zombie Host' tag is in order for these situations haha, you have to admit, it is pretty catchy!

This discussion has been closed.