Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime.com - One of the best online business relationships I have ever had.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime.com - One of the best online business relationships I have ever had.

One of the best online business relationships I have ever had.

Spun up a server on: Fri, Apr 4, 2014, 1:36 AM

I still have this server running. Never re imaged. Customer service was always quick, always!, and I had very little support / interaction with them as the network and hardware are never problematic. Had a hardware upgrade and did not even show up as a blip on the radar re downtime.

Never any glitches in the affiliate program.

I only stopped marketing them on my domains because the owner got in contact with me and explained I was out ranking them on Google search for VPSDime :-) So I stopped some time in 2015. It was paying for it's self and I had no worries in referring VPSDime.

Number of Visitors Referred
Number of Signups
Conversion Rate
0.26%

Total Amount Withdrawn: $130.00 USD

This package is a very good value. Over time 30gigs of disk space for my ageing and growing blogs is not enough.

I purchased another VPS a KVM this time with 6 cpu / 6g Ram /60g SSD* on newer hardware $69/year. Via a deal I found here of course "SparkVPS.

If VPSDime reads this and if you ever have a deal that looks like ^^* PM or email me.

TheWatchTowers

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

666 he mumbled, I love this guy.

Welcome to the Nigh sect. The end is surely nigh.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

50% of threads started by this poster are about vpsdime. But I guess SparkVPS is the next big thing.

EDIT2:

Good to know, very timely ... the end being so nigh and all.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

vpsdime is cc...

• @uptime said:
    50% of threads started by this poster are about vpsdime. But I guess SparkVPS is the next big thing.

EDIT2:

Good to know, very timely ... the end being so nigh and all.

Because I have not had to network hop I have had these guys for years so yes most talk is about the provider I found here.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @deank said:
    666 he mumbled, I love this guy.

Welcome to the Nigh sect. The end is surely nigh.

:-)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

I do appreciate you sharing your positive experience with this provider.

EDIT2:

Am curious to know how well they keep their systems up to date though?

Thanked by 12Neutron
  • What is "cc.." ???

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@2Neutron said:

What is "cc.." ???

How do I ask a good question?

Thanked by 22Neutron t0m
  • @2Neutron said:

What is "cc.." ???

LOL!!! Huh? I don't know what "cc.." is so I can't possibly be a ColoCrossing-related shill...

Thanked by 1eol
  • Thanks for highlighting vpsdime. Have put it on my list.

Thanked by 12Neutron
  • @uptime said:
    I do appreciate you sharing your positive experience with this provider.

EDIT2:

Am curious to know how well they keep their systems up to date though?

I am not sure.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

they've been around for a while ... I'm not aware of any horror stories.

EDIT2:

not sure if there is still a connection with backupsy .... But anyway seems at least not a summerhost - prices aren't typical pump and dump chum. Which is probably why they're not discussed much on LET currently. I think they used to be more popular with low-end crowd so may have some genuine fans here?

• @uptime said:

EDIT2:

not sure if there is still a connection with backupsy .... But anyway seems at least not a summerhost - prices aren't typical pump and dump chum. Which is probably why they're not discussed much on LET currently. I think they used to be more popular with low-end crowd so may have some genuine fans here?

They where / are backupsy

• @uptime said:

EDIT2:

Could be part of the latest round of "play the long game" scammers, like cloudxtiny for instance. Run semi-legit for a length of time, and then suddenly run the scams while everyone is watching the new hosts on LEB.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

yeah - with a sparkVPS plug riding in on the coat-tails, that does fit a pattern here.

EDIT2:

I don't have any reason to be ringing alarms about vpsdime, they seem fine. SparkVPS on the other hand ... yeah.

Thanked by 1eol
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

@serverian was considered a member in good standing on LET and albeit he's not so active any more here, his main brands (backupsy, vpsdime) have always been kept in high regard. He's been featured on LEB before LEB turned into the blatant LEB we know today

OTOH, it would help OP's credibility if he had any interaction with this forum besides praising vpsdime, I guess. As noted, it seems his activity here is just to post about this brand; he admits he earns/earned some aff money, and he (indirectly) points to his own website as well. Nothing criminal about this, really: but here on LET everyone is (rightfully, after all the events we witnessed) pretty sensible and "triggered" when we see some patterns

When in doubt, blame CC

EDIT2: typo

• I also have one from 10/10/2013 that I didn't have problems with.

Thanked by 3uptime 2Neutron kkrajk
  • thanks for that perspective @mfs

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @2Neutron said:

What is "cc.." ???

Colo credit card

• @serverian is let OG.

Still have a 2014 birthday special out of the two I originally had . I keep it around as a private vpn for US-only content.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @mfs said:
    @serverian was considered a member in good standing on LET and albeit he's not so active any more here, his main brands (backupsy, vpsdime) have always been kept in high regard. He's been featured on LEB before LEB turned into the blatant LEB we know today

OTOH, it would help OP's credibility if he had any interaction with this forum besides praising vpsdime, I guess. As noted, it seems his activity here is just to post about this brand; he admits he earns/earned some aff money, and he (indirectly) points to his own website as well. Nothing criminal about this, really: but here on LET everyone is (rightfully, after all the events we witnessed) pretty sensible and "triggered" when we see some patterns

When in doubt, blame CC

I do not lurk at LET, I rarely visit LEB but I got the Christmas boxing week sales email from LEB.

From that email I found the SparkVPS deal. I will give them positive feed back.

I am a small independent Free Press, not a developer or a full time Linux server admin so I am not network hopping.

One of the reasons I posted this was in appreciation for the nearly 5 years of trouble free
    If I receive exceptional value from a vendor I write a review. I have aquired other VPS servers for non production stuff and I would not review them.

VPSDime was my first self managed linux server and VPSDime did not make me feel like a noob or idiot with the questions I had in the first couple of months.

As well I wrote this in the hopes that they will see it and think about re structuring their pricing on KVM VPS's. I wrote this as a very sincere thanks and shout out to servian

Thanked by 2uptime mfs
  • @2Neutron said:

@mfs said:

When in doubt, blame CC

I do not lurk at LET, I rarely visit LEB but I got the Christmas boxing week sales email from LEB.

From that email I found the SparkVPS deal. I will give them positive feed back.

I am a small independent Free Press, not a developer or a full time Linux server admin so I am not network hopping.

One of the reasons I posted this was in appreciation for the nearly 5 years of trouble free
    If I receive exceptional value from a vendor I write a review. I have aquired other VPS servers for non production stuff and I would not review them.

VPSDime was my first self managed linux server and VPSDime did not make me feel like a noob or idiot with the questions I had in the first couple of months.

As well I wrote this in the hopes that they will see it and think about re structuring their pricing on KVM VPS's. I wrote this as a very sincere thanks and shout out to servian

So they're supposed to match pricing of a promotion on their everyday plans? That's the thanks you're offering after 5 years of painless hosting?

Good luck with your new hoster for the next 5 years.

• So they're supposed to match pricing of a promotion on their everyday plans? That's the thanks you're offering after 5 years of painless hosting?

Good luck with your new hoster for the next 5 years.

Thanks!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Oktay is good people.

Francisco

Thanked by 32Neutron coreflux iKeyZ
  • amjamj Member

I am a happy customer with them too, since Sep 2014 their birthday special. :smile:

@eol said:
    vpsdime is cc...

My one is in 104.251.208.0/20, Incero connectivity.

Thanked by 22Neutron coreflux
  • banxixbanxix Member
    edited January 2019

Too cheap to be true or have I not seen enough in LET?

EDIT: It is OpenVZ with no DDoS protected.

• Vpsdime is not CC. I have a small box with them since 2014, it holds the older version of a couple of my sites in an old.xxxx.xx subdomain. I have almost forgot I have this box, it is working flawlessly for ages. The uptime is since the last time I did a reboot for an update, it's over 215 days.

Thanked by 12Neutron
  • Solid guy behind the business, definitely interested in the long term and not even comparable to the low end CC outfits.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Best service I`ve had in the last 3 years.

Thanked by 12Neutron
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I like the following bit:

@2Neutron said:

I only stopped marketing them on my domains because the owner got in contact with me and explained I was out ranking them on Google search for VPSDime :-) So I stopped some time in 2015. It was paying for it's self and I had no worries in referring VPSDime.

If you out rank the provider website, they can pay you for providing SEO services and you can charge them more than your earned commission, personally don’t think the statement is true.