Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is hosting business that hard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is hosting business that hard

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Well, honestly i have just started getting my first ‘foot’ in this business. Ain’t generating millions, yet, but this seems to have one of the most painful clients i have ever had.

Later today some girl, american it seems ordered hosting and .com domain using the subscription paypal button. I activated the hosting though i did not order for the domain. Barely 2 hours passed and i was going to order it tonight to add some funds to my domain reseller.

Not 30mins passed i get a chargeback and a message from the whmcs contact form saying ‘you charged me for unauthorized charges.. yet even better want to take money from me every month.. cancel now or i will call a lawyer’ her message.

I laughed. I am more than happy to refund her as i did not order the domain yet, can simply cancel the hosting but.. should i take her money? I mean she did order a service and with some nice proof can get her bucks into my account and let her use my service for as long as it is paid for.

What do you think?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Wat.

u r doing it wrong.

Thanked by 2eol Janevski
  • Why don't you have this automated within WHMCS?

You can have it automated with a module....

• Out of curiosity, what does alimemaj mean?

Thanked by 1eol

The great end.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Kiwi83 said:
    Out of curiosity, what does alimemaj mean?

Ancient history, you don’t wanna know : )

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited January 2019

I would have setup WHMCS to auto register domains at point of sale, the same as hosting.

I would refund the PayPal transaction and email to say cancel PayPay sub or do it yourself

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Yes hosting business is full of scammer, chineses, cc resellers and other shady people.

Thanked by 3eol armandorg coreflux
  • My 2 cents, just give her money back.

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@laoban said:
    My 2 cents, just give her money back.

And put her on a private blacklist.

EDIT:
    And her family, friends, relatives, their friends, the friends of their friends and all ancestors and possible related future clients and their family, friends, relatives, their friends and the friends of their friends.

That should suffice.

Thanked by 2hostdare malek

Nah, just put the guy (yes, a guy) on fraudrecord.

• eoleol Member

That's too easy.

Just refunded her, i do have to restrict my clients with some plugins or something.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, yes. Put your prices up, you’ll find less Clients but on average those will be better Clients.

• @Clouvider said:
    Well, yes. Put your prices up, you’ll find less Clients but on average those will be better Clients.

^ this helps a lot

• Clients in uppercase is a pejorative, @Clouvider?

1. People who have used some other hosting services in the past with almost instant setup of their accounts after signup would not find a 2-hour wait interesting. I think I've experienced this only once since 1998. It may be OK to you but may not to her/him.

2. If you had simply specified the fact that you are a one-man show (and some people actually love that), or/and that accounts would be completely setup within 12 hours am sure you won't have this situation.

3. If you put him/her on any fraud list, I'll see you as one of the worst scums have met on LET. If you collected money for what's supposed to be an immediate transaction and you didn't give any update in 2 hours, you don't have any slightest right to complain about whatever that triggered later.

4. It's time providers get serious. Either do it right or don't get into the field at all. Most providers won't accept the crap attitude they expect "clients" to take.

Thanked by 1eol
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

Yes.
    Thats why i do anything you want for just $7 to keep my stuff running.
    What you except from a over-saturated Market anyways.

Thanked by 1armandorg

@HostSlick said:
    Yes.
    Thats why i do anything you want for just $7 to keep my stuff running.
    What you except from a over-saturated Market anyways.

We might have a bit of a difference here, i don't have most of my revenew from hosting, hell it's not even 15% of it so some client like this one i would happy kick off permanently.

edited January 2019

@priest said:
    1. People who have used some other hosting services in the past with almost instant setup of their accounts after signup would not find a 2-hour wait interesting. I think I've experienced this only once since 1998. It may be OK to you but may not to her/him.

1. If you had simply specified the fact that you are a one-man show (and some people actually love that), or/and that accounts would be completely setup within 12 hours am sure you won't have this situation.

2. If you put him/her on any fraud list, I'll see you as one of the worst scums have met on LET. If you collected money for what's supposed to be an immediate transaction and you didn't give any update in 2 hours, you don't have any slightest right to complain about whatever that triggered later.

3. It's time providers get serious. Either do it right or don't get into the field at all. Most providers won't accept the crap attitude they expect "clients" to take.

To clear this,

1. Nothing is instant, i do no mention anywhere nor do i have it mentioned anywhere in my agency's website that your service will be instanly actived and i do not care what are on other providers, here it's not instanly. If you have a problem with that do not signup at first place.

2. I'm not a 'one-man' show. However yes i am the only one who has access in WHMCS for client's account activation/services.. etc etc.

3. Don't have in mind putting anyone in fraudlist, i have simply got rid off from her in my system / servers. Like, forever. Also refunded aswell.

4. Like i said before, i'm not looking to host and activate services to people who are like this one. I will be completely fair regarding the service, i deliver a service which you paid at the first place, and i guarantee you that with my word, if i don't i will refund. But doing crap things, assuming things like you did "instant activation" and asking for a refund for something which is not even mentioned on my website, hell i will not refund you.

This guy @HostSlick mentioned the business being hard and so he needs to do anything for those 7$ to keep his business running, i would rather fucking deadpool than to do that.

You will recieve for what you pay. Nothing that is not mentioned will you recieve, and do not assume anything without facts, not cool.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@armandorg said:

@priest said:

1. If you had simply specified the fact that you are a one-man show (and some people actually love that), or/and that accounts would be completely setup within 12 hours am sure you won't have this situation.

2. If you put him/her on any fraud list, I'll see you as one of the worst scums have met on LET. If you collected money for what's supposed to be an immediate transaction and you didn't give any update in 2 hours, you don't have any slightest right to complain about whatever that triggered later.

3. It's time providers get serious. Either do it right or don't get into the field at all. Most providers won't accept the crap attitude they expect "clients" to take.

To clear this,

1. Nothing is instant, i do no mention anywhere nor do i have it mentioned anywhere in my agency's website that your service will be instanly actived and i do not care what are on other providers, here it's not instanly. If you have a problem with that do not signup at first place.

2. I'm not a 'one-man' show. However yes i am the only one who has access in WHMCS for client's account activation/services.. etc etc.

3. Don't have in mind putting anyone in fraudlist, i have simply got rid off from her in my system / servers. Like, forever. Also refunded aswell.

4. Like i said before, i'm not looking to host and activate services to people who are like this one. I will be completely fair regarding the service, i deliver a service which you paid at the first place, and i guarantee you that with my word, if i don't i will refund. But doing crap things, assuming things like you did "instant activation" and asking for a refund for something which is not even mentioned on my website, hell i will not refund you.

This guy @HostSlick mentioned the business being hard and so he needs to do anything for those 7$ to keep his business running, i would rather fucking deadpool than to do that.

You will recieve for what you pay. Nothing that is not mentioned will you recieve, and do not assume anything without facts, not cool.

The $7 'thing was a joke
    No, i dont give a blowjob for $7

In fact, i stopped posting offers here.

• @HostSlick said:

backpage.io?

@HostSlick said:
    The $7 'thing was a joke

You're being just simply used as an example. This client wasn't even from LET, paid full price of the service at normal rates. No matter the $, you will still recieve for what you pay.

• @armandorg said:

@HostSlick said:
    The $7 'thing was a joke

You're being just simply used as an example. This client wasn't even from LET, paid full price of the service at normal rates. No matter the $, you will still recieve for what you pay.

When you register for a premium service, do you expect to wait 2 hours to receive it?

Also if you're using WHMCS why are you not automating it? Are you paying the license fee for WHMCS and just decided not to use any of its amazing features such as domain registration automation and automatic setup for clients?

You might be better off accepting orders by email at this point.

Thanked by 2priest bugrakoc
  • @syntrino said:
    When you register for a premium service, do you expect to wait 2 hours to receive it?

If you're paying a corporate price, you don't have a General Boarding wait time.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2019

This subject title relates to your post in no way. Answering that question helps in no way to your problems in your post.

I think this thread reflects more negatively on you than the customer. If the customer is legit, you were slow to provision services. Your response that instant setup shouldn't be expected is all in your head. It's expected to be instant unless otherwise specified. These are electronic services, not physical goods to be shipped. Ain't nobody got time to wait around for some unknown time for you to do what you are being paid to do.

If the customer isn't legit, then the response was that their PayPal was stolen because here is the proof of your order with IP ordered from. It should be clear someone else ordered these services and not unauthorized.

"Ma'am, you may need to consult your lawyer as someone at IP $IP ordered this service using your account which is only possible using your credentials. I do not have access to your PayPal credentials and was not initiated by us.
    So to confirm, you did NOT order X services today at Y? I have attached the order received. The domain registration is still pending and can still be canceled. If correct that this was unauthorized use of your PayPal account, you can use that IP above when filing a police report".

Thanked by 2priest kkrajk
  • @TimboJones said:
    This subject title relates to your post in no way. Answering that question helps in no way to your problems in your post.

Dude, you are full of rage. Have you considered taking your Lithium before you go all Terry Davis and jump in front of a train (only nobody remembers you)?

P.S. Good look on ServerDediNovaHunter.

• @Letzien said:

@TimboJones said:

Dude, you are full of rage. Have you considered taking your Lithium before you go all Terry Davis and jump in front of a train (only nobody remembers you)?

Rage? For saying his subject line sucks? Do you even know what rage is? Holy fuck, man. Casual swearing is par for me. I didn't insult or swear or use caps. There's no rage, just annoyance.

You guys must live some really tame lives if that is considered rage. Adjust your rage detector, learn to take some criticism, and chill the fuck out.

Thanked by 2imok Adam1
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

armandorg said: Not 30mins passed i get a chargeback and a message from the whmcs contact form saying ‘you charged me for unauthorized charges.. yet even better want to take money from me every month.. cancel now or i will call a lawyer’ her message.

Yup, welcome to the industry.

• @TimboJones said:

@Letzien said:

@TimboJones said:

Rage? For saying his subject line sucks? Do you even know what rage is? Holy fuck, man. Casual swearing is par for me. I didn't insult or swear or use caps. There's no rage, just annoyance.

You guys must live some really tame lives if that is considered rage. Adjust your rage detector, learn to take some criticism, and chill the fuck out.

Lol you took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Thanked by 2eol Letzien
  • @jar said:

armandorg said: Not 30mins passed i get a chargeback and a message from the whmcs contact form saying ‘you charged me for unauthorized charges.. yet even better want to take money from me every month.. cancel now or i will call a lawyer’ her message.

Yup, welcome to the industry.

Maybe pin that to Offer rules thread right on top. Might spare us some drama hosts.