Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★★★ LunaNode: Toronto 1 GB KVM @ $3.5/mo ★★★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★★★ LunaNode: Toronto 1 GB KVM @ $3.5/mo ★★★

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

We have an excellent New Year special on LunaNode, the Toronto cloud platform!

m.1s
– 1 GB RAM
– 15 GB SSD disk
– 1 vCPU
– 1 TB bandwidth @ 1gbps
– KVM
– Tons of Cloud Features (see below!)
– Just $3.50/mo, or $0.00486/hour!

To get started, sign up for an account, add credit, and press Create VM. We have limited stock, so grab your m.1s instance before it runs out!

You can deploy this plan in our main Toronto location, as well as our Montreal and France locations.

If the affordable pricing isn't enough to convince you, then check out our awesome features!

• Our services are billed hourly! If you just need a VM for a couple hours, you can pay as little as 1 cent.
  • Snapshots capture the current disk state of a virtual machine, and can be taken live while your VM is online with no downtime. You can use snapshots as backups, or to clone a VM.
  • Block Storage Volumes let you quickly add additional storage space to your VM. Pricing is $0.03/GB/mo, billed hourly.
  • You can select Startup Scripts and SSH keys when deploying a VM. Startup scripts execute the first time a new virtual machine boots, and can be used to automatically configure software on the VM.
  • Cloud Firewalls allow you to restrict network access to groups of virtual machines at the infrastructure level.

We also give customers several services completely FREE!

• Uptime Monitoring alerts you when your website or other services go down. SMS and phone call alerts are supported, but Twilio charges apply.
  • Our High-Performance DNS Hosting is feature-packed, supporting load balancing, automatic failover, and geo-targeting.
  • Easily receive e-mail on your domains with our E-mail Hosting service!

Get started on LunaNode now!

Comments

• Very stable and feature rich provider.

• very snappy cp and i wonder why LinaNode is not mentioned frequently? anyway good luck with sales.

• eoleol Member

I agree.
    Very good provider.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ehab said:
    very snappy cp and i wonder why LinaNode is not mentioned frequently? anyway good luck with sales.

I bet its the design of their control panel. I would definitely improve it. @perennate hire me for design integrations and increase your sales!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • +1 for MikePT , he also gives a great neck massage.

Thanked by 3MikePT eol Shazan
  • eoleol Member

@ehab said:
    +1 for MikePT , he also gives a great neck massage.

Not to mention the delicious cheesecake.

Thanked by 2MikePT ehab

@ehab said:

@eol said:

@ehab said:

Not to mention the delicious cheesecake.

You guys love my bakery...

Thanked by 2ehab eol
  • next time we are in Portugal we know where to dine ;)

Thanked by 2eol MikePT
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

nice

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    stepping        : 4
    microcode       : 0x1
    cpu MHz         : 2999.998
    cache size      : 25600 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 1
    core id         : 0                                                                 
    cpu cores       : 1                                                                       
    apicid          : 0                                                                     
    initial apicid  : 0                                                                   
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush 
    mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl       
    eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes 
    xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust 
    smep erms xsaveopt
    bugs            :
    bogomips        : 5999.99

• did you see all those flags WoW.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MikePT said: I bet its the design of their control panel. I would definitely improve it

Don't even think about dicking around with my CP. It's perfect and it always works.

• all cogent in toronto? no torix?

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@ehab said:
    did you see all those flags WoW.

Flags look pretty normal to me.

EDIT:
    Maybe.
    Maybe not.

• @eol said:

The fact that the bugs list is empty, welp..

@sleddog said:

MikePT said: I bet its the design of their control panel. I would definitely improve it

Don't even think about dicking around with my CP. It's perfect and it always works.

My apologies, it is indeed perfect. <3

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

mp519 said: all cogent in toronto? no torix?

Only Cogent.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

re mikept / sleddog: haha, I do think there's a lot of room for improvement without affecting the functionality, e.g. one thing we've added recently is concise description in place of VM list / volume list / other service lists if you have no VMs / volumes / etc.

And the website has been revamped a bit, with the Features and API tabs (that information used to be in the wiki).

Thanked by 2sleddog MikePT
  • perennate said: re mikept / sleddog: haha, I do think there's a lot of room for improvement without affecting the functionality,

The functionality is awesome at present, but more awesomeness is always welcome :)

• @eol said:
    EDIT:
    Maybe.
    Maybe not.

i haven't seen many pass vmx, netcup charges for it.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • eoleol Member

@ehab said:

@eol said:
    EDIT:
    Maybe.
    Maybe not.

i haven't seen many pass vmx, netcup charges for it.

True.
    On a VPS they can be somewhat restricted.

• Really good offer.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited January 2019

One of the best that I had the opportunity to try their services for free (Thanks @perennate). Well they know what they are doing absolute feature monster with great panel. And prices are very good I have been recommending them to all my clients. They are shocked about SSL prices as they are used Godaddy prices I think.

If you are their client then you can use their Uptime monitoring and DNS hosting (with DDNS) for free.

Happy 2019 and Thanks @perennate for the opportunity 10$ credit is still in my account will find a use for it.

Keep it up.

Edit: Just saw the page have to appreciate host who recommends LE over their product.

@perennate said:
    re mikept / sleddog: haha, I do think there's a lot of room for improvement without affecting the functionality, e.g. one thing we've added recently is concise description in place of VM list / volume list / other service lists if you have no VMs / volumes / etc.

And the website has been revamped a bit, with the Features and API tabs (that information used to be in the wiki).

Yep, and agreed with @sleddog as well. Functionality is there, UI can be improved. Your panel is really complete, and excellent feature wise.

Truth is, customers like beautiful panels, so if you re-do it UI wise (and make it look more beautiful), it'll attract much more people.

I haven't used Lunanode for a long time though!

• eoleol Member

I like Lunanode's panel.

Thanked by 2MikePT iKeyZ
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Panel is fine with me as is - from a design perspective the relative simplicity translates to effectiveness and elegance.

Several well-designed features such as API, block storage, snapshots, "cpu burst" allocation, etc, etc, reflect Lunanode excellence under the surface. I haven't even tried the DNS or email hosting yet.

I suspect that offering more locations and network options would be well received.

Thanked by 2perennate MikePT
  • I also voice my appreciation for the Lobster panel; it is clean, clear, loads fast, and easy to find what I need!

I don't at all mind the minimalist black-on-white aesthetic; if you wanted to play with that, maybe at most just add a "dark mode" or some such.

• ^

And it's open source so ... "pull requests welcome" eh?

https://github.com/lunanode/lobster

Thanked by 2FrankZ eol

@uptime said:
    ^

And it's open source so ... "pull requests welcome" eh?

https://github.com/lunanode/lobster

Wasn't aware.

@perennate this is awesome.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • Wow. Open source. Great work @perennate!

Thanked by 1eol
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited January 2019

Always reading perennate like penetrate... =(
    Btw, quality provider.