Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PIELAYER :: END YEAR DEALS :: HIGH RAM :: SSD :: DDoS protection :: STORAGE AND MORE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PIELAYER :: END YEAR DEALS :: HIGH RAM :: SSD :: DDoS protection :: STORAGE AND MORE!

2»

Comments

• @elixir said:
    @harisp I tried signing up for a service last year, however had an issue paying with PayPal - they needed me to create an account instead of just letting me pay via Credit card.

This this been addressed/resolved? Or do you still need an account to pay via PayPal?

It would depend from PayPal however I think ( I used it long time ago ) that with PayPal invoicing can be achieved what you want.

@priest said:
    Give monthly or quarterly on 2k18-OVZ4G please ...

I think yearly price is fair enough.

@zhujiwiki said:
    Coupon: BYRZH92AY5 The promotion code entered has expired

Yeap till 2nd January was valid, forgot to mention that however I extended it for 48h more for those interested

@Ttanyad said:
    Hello,
    Reading the terms of use, the conclusion is that basically this server is just for fileserver, nothing else?!. If I want to run some application, and have a few users on it, because of cpu use limitation(?) it could be suspended without warning if reaches a x% of cpu use, higher network use has the same kind of limitation... - so why you offer a good server at good price but good for nothing? As anyone knows a lot of well known cloud host give the space u can need for free. So my question is - if I run some server software wich uses 50..70% of cpu use and high network band, just to retransmit information (basically placed in the gray zone), do u will suspend my server, withouth any warnings and refunding?
    Many thanks,

Peace

Depends what is the software you are running mainly. In short, don't hammer 24/7 disk or CPU and you will be fine. If any suspicious behavior ( except the 24/7 hammering ) is detected usually we submit ticket in your behalf requesting more information on what are you running and similar.

@silverdawn said:
    indeed the terms are so unspecific, they could basically justify any suspension or termination arbitrarily:
    reading the terms it becomes obvious that this is a german provider, which is incompliant with german laws and regulations.

no imprint at all, nor accessible from all pages and well GDPR is not even mentioned anywhere.
    as far as I can see there is no given street address and therefore nothing easily enforceable.
    on top there seems no VAT collected in the EU, be it 20% for UK addresses / 19% in germany nor is VAT mentioned in the terms nor is a VAT registration number given.

consider any paid amount to be in a black hole - hoping you get something in return before the german tax authorities crack down - obviously german based customers were not in the focus of these offers anyhow so less german VAT evaded - draw your own conclusions.

I clarified more on the suspension part above, anyways for any clarification (potential) client is more than welcome to submit ticket or send an e-mail.
    Not German provider however you probably were confused because in terms there is part for German dedicated servers which were sold year(s) ago and had to be inline with specific datacenter and german rules/laws.
    However that part along with many others will be updated accordingly when new website is rolled out, hopefully till end of this month :).

• edited January 2019

I am quite intrigued by PieLayer. The ToS make reference to ZAOOMBA Ltd, who don't show up on the registed business entities of Bosnia (where the whois data suggests they're based). The only registered ZAOOMBA Ltd I could find was a UK company registration, but that was dissolved in 2018. However, it seems like it could be them because their twitter location is listed as 'Old Blighty' - but then it raises the question of why they're now dissolved.

However, the offer looks great!

• @YellowHummingbird said:
    I am quite intrigued by PieLayer. The ToS make reference to ZAOOMBA Ltd, who don't show up on the registed business entities of Bosnia (where the whois data suggests they're based). The only registered ZAOOMBA Ltd I could find was a UK company registration, but that was dissolved in 2018. However, it seems like it could be them because their twitter location is listed as 'Old Blighty' - but then it raises the question of why they're now dissolved.

However, the offer looks great!

Oh boy. Calling @trewq.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Is it possible the TOS is copypasta from zaoomba?

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • Is IPv6 available?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Daniel15 said:
    Is IPv6 available?

At least in Frankfurt it is.

• edited January 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Is it possible the TOS is copypasta from zaoomba?

Good shout but personally I don’t think so - their LowEndBox post says they’re a subsidiary of Zaoomba.

They have been around quite a while though - perhaps they’ve merged with another parent company and changed company but not updated the TOS.

• @Daniel15 said:
    Is IPv6 available?

Yes it is on all locations.

@dahartigan said:

Was Zaoomba in past however not now just name in ToS was not updated, hope I clarified :).

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @harisp said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Is IPv6 available?

Yes it is on all locations.

@dahartigan said:

Was Zaoomba in past however not now just name in ToS was not updated, hope I clarified :).

Thanks for clarifying that :)

• Pielayer is a very good provider. I have been with Pielayer for more than 3 years without single problem.

Thanked by 1harisp