Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitaccel Fail - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitaccel Fail

13»

Comments

• @sleddog said:
    Read what I wrote. He did not communicate for 24 hours while clients on node NY3 were down. That's OK in your view?

I was not even near a computer during this time, got notified on my cell from an employee.

• emg said: His company had a partial outage this day

Nope. Please read.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@sleddog said:
    But a lack of communication with clients is inexcusable.

I'd agree. @Corey work on that :)

• @Corey said:
    I was not even near a computer during this time, got notified on my cell from an employee.

Then you need to improve your internal communications as well as your communications with client.

Sorry if I'm sounding hardnosed. But if you're in the business of providing service to clients then it's important to communicate with those clients when the service is interrupted.

This will be my last post in this thread ;)

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited October 2013

sleddog said: Then you need to improve your internal communications as well as your communications with client.

Sorry if I'm sounding hardnosed. But if you're in the business of providing service to clients then it's important to communicate with those clients when the service is interrupted.

This will be my last post in this thread ;)

I agree - I need to give more power to my help for when issues like this happen.

Thanked by 1sleddog
  • @texteditor So what makes you the expert? Do you run a company? Have your ever lived pay day to pay day? I say probably not. So how about positive words instead of bashing someone business.

• That's $13.3333333333333/TB Jon offered additional bandwidth at $5/TB to me.

The last time I had to pay overage charges on a server was in 1999 at ServInt. We had a 1 yr contract for 100GB monthly. By the end of the contract we were using 300GB monthly. Monthly overages for 200GB were about $600. Yeah, US bandwidth prices have dropped over the years :P

@Ian_ said:
    texteditor So what makes you the expert? Do you run a company? Have your ever lived pay day to pay day? I say probably not. So how about positive words instead of bashing someone business.

I can't speak for texteditor's experience but "running companies" has been 100% of my income for 22 years and I will agree with him that any business in any industry should have enough cash on hand to meet unexpected short term expenses (like overages, chargebacks, equipment failures, meteor falls through roof, etc) if they want to build a long term viable business.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited October 2013

meteor falls through roof

That must be one hell of a roof!

Edit: I read it wrong.

• @sleddog said:
    Read what I wrote. He did not communicate for 24 hours while clients on node NY3 were down. That's OK in your view?

No that is not OK in my view but at least he did answer you and others and did not run off is what I am saying here. The situation could have been a lot worse for everyone involved. That is all I am trying to say I guess.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ian_ said: @texteditor So what makes you the expert? Do you run a company? Have your ever lived pay day to pay day? I say probably not. So how about positive words instead of bashing someone business.

I do, and I know you need money to make money

• @Ian_ said:
    texteditor So what makes you the expert? Do you run a company? Have your ever lived pay day to pay day? I say probably not. So how about positive words instead of bashing someone business.

I know that without a lot of capital and planning I would fail quickly, and I know people who live pay day to pay day have the good sense to not run startups.

Which is why you don't see me starting threads like this

• @DomainBop said:

If it's 95th percentile billing then it's not over the roof. If you have spike in traffic for long enough, you'd literally be paying for that number for the full duration.

so $2000 for say 400mbit wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

• @concerto49 said:

Indeed. We're looking potentially at 800Mbit @ 95th this month, yet average is < 200Mbit

• Closed - per thread starter's request.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
This discussion has been closed.