Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stacksocial "Sitewide" 19% discount (although some offers seem to be excluded lol)

2»

Comments

  • @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @hacktek said:
    That's your assumption anyway. I mean, I don't care, I don't use it. But until someone comes up with information from a trusted source saying otherwise, it's all hearsay/talkingoutofonesass.

    Ah yes, so you believe marketing materials that make technically implausible claims, but you won't believe somebody with no skin in the game explaining why those claims are technically implausible.

    I wish you good luck with your future endeavours, you're probably going to need it if that's your approach to picking security-related tooling.

    Ympker said: At home to unblock I use some SmartDNS right from the router. When traveling I use VPN/Browser extension (Proxy).

    Why not just tunnel to your home PC/router? That sidesteps any VPN trust issues entirely.

    My home pc/router has Vodafone DS-Lite internet and thus no own IPv4 (only shared with others). Mobile Phone Carriers don't support ipv6 neither does OpenVPN so connecting to it from outside would be a pita.

    Hmm. No ability to set up port forwarding? You'd only need a single port to be forwarded for that to work.

    Can't forward any IPv4 Port. That's also why I can't access my Plex from outside home.

    Jeez, dude. Just setup uPNP, and open an enternal port.

  • @Letzien said:

    @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @hacktek said:
    That's your assumption anyway. I mean, I don't care, I don't use it. But until someone comes up with information from a trusted source saying otherwise, it's all hearsay/talkingoutofonesass.

    Ah yes, so you believe marketing materials that make technically implausible claims, but you won't believe somebody with no skin in the game explaining why those claims are technically implausible.

    I wish you good luck with your future endeavours, you're probably going to need it if that's your approach to picking security-related tooling.

    Ympker said: At home to unblock I use some SmartDNS right from the router. When traveling I use VPN/Browser extension (Proxy).

    Why not just tunnel to your home PC/router? That sidesteps any VPN trust issues entirely.

    My home pc/router has Vodafone DS-Lite internet and thus no own IPv4 (only shared with others). Mobile Phone Carriers don't support ipv6 neither does OpenVPN so connecting to it from outside would be a pita.

    Hmm. No ability to set up port forwarding? You'd only need a single port to be forwarded for that to work.

    Can't forward any IPv4 Port. That's also why I can't access my Plex from outside home.

    Jeez, dude. Just setup uPNP, and open an enternal port.

    Let me rephrase that:

    I can open any ports via my Router it just won't work for anything that needs IPv4 (like plex does).

  • @Ympker said:

    @Letzien said:

    @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @Ympker said:

    @joepie91 said:

    @hacktek said:
    That's your assumption anyway. I mean, I don't care, I don't use it. But until someone comes up with information from a trusted source saying otherwise, it's all hearsay/talkingoutofonesass.

    Ah yes, so you believe marketing materials that make technically implausible claims, but you won't believe somebody with no skin in the game explaining why those claims are technically implausible.

    I wish you good luck with your future endeavours, you're probably going to need it if that's your approach to picking security-related tooling.

    Ympker said: At home to unblock I use some SmartDNS right from the router. When traveling I use VPN/Browser extension (Proxy).

    Why not just tunnel to your home PC/router? That sidesteps any VPN trust issues entirely.

    My home pc/router has Vodafone DS-Lite internet and thus no own IPv4 (only shared with others). Mobile Phone Carriers don't support ipv6 neither does OpenVPN so connecting to it from outside would be a pita.

    Hmm. No ability to set up port forwarding? You'd only need a single port to be forwarded for that to work.

    Can't forward any IPv4 Port. That's also why I can't access my Plex from outside home.

    Jeez, dude. Just setup uPNP, and open an enternal port.

    Let me rephrase that:

    I can open any ports via my Router it just won't work for anything that needs IPv4 (like plex does).

    Ah. Yes. I run into similar with my Hulu, I need to blacklist my devices I run media on because shit doesn't like a HE tunnel.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
Sign In or Register to comment.