Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stacksocial "Sitewide" 19% discount (although some offers seem to be excluded lol) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stacksocial "Sitewide" 19% discount (although some offers seem to be excluded lol)

2»

Comments

• @Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@hacktek said:
    That's your assumption anyway. I mean, I don't care, I don't use it. But until someone comes up with information from a trusted source saying otherwise, it's all hearsay/talkingoutofonesass.

Ah yes, so you believe marketing materials that make technically implausible claims, but you won't believe somebody with no skin in the game explaining why those claims are technically implausible.

I wish you good luck with your future endeavours, you're probably going to need it if that's your approach to picking security-related tooling.

Ympker said: At home to unblock I use some SmartDNS right from the router. When traveling I use VPN/Browser extension (Proxy).

Why not just tunnel to your home PC/router? That sidesteps any VPN trust issues entirely.

My home pc/router has Vodafone DS-Lite internet and thus no own IPv4 (only shared with others). Mobile Phone Carriers don't support ipv6 neither does OpenVPN so connecting to it from outside would be a pita.

Hmm. No ability to set up port forwarding? You'd only need a single port to be forwarded for that to work.

Can't forward any IPv4 Port. That's also why I can't access my Plex from outside home.

Jeez, dude. Just setup uPNP, and open an enternal port.

• @Letzien said:

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@hacktek said:
    That's your assumption anyway. I mean, I don't care, I don't use it. But until someone comes up with information from a trusted source saying otherwise, it's all hearsay/talkingoutofonesass.

Ah yes, so you believe marketing materials that make technically implausible claims, but you won't believe somebody with no skin in the game explaining why those claims are technically implausible.

I wish you good luck with your future endeavours, you're probably going to need it if that's your approach to picking security-related tooling.

Ympker said: At home to unblock I use some SmartDNS right from the router. When traveling I use VPN/Browser extension (Proxy).

Why not just tunnel to your home PC/router? That sidesteps any VPN trust issues entirely.

My home pc/router has Vodafone DS-Lite internet and thus no own IPv4 (only shared with others). Mobile Phone Carriers don't support ipv6 neither does OpenVPN so connecting to it from outside would be a pita.

Hmm. No ability to set up port forwarding? You'd only need a single port to be forwarded for that to work.

Can't forward any IPv4 Port. That's also why I can't access my Plex from outside home.

Let me rephrase that:

I can open any ports via my Router it just won't work for anything that needs IPv4 (like plex does).

• @Ympker said:

@Letzien said:

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

@hacktek said:

Let me rephrase that:

I can open any ports via my Router it just won't work for anything that needs IPv4 (like plex does).

Ah. Yes. I run into similar with my Hulu, I need to blacklist my devices I run media on because shit doesn't like a HE tunnel.

Thanked by 1Ympker