Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SERVERUM] New company! 1GB - €5/m on OpenStack KVM + SSD + Firewall + Backups - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SERVERUM] New company! 1GB - €5/m on OpenStack KVM + SSD + Firewall + Backups

2»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Serverum said:
    Hi,
    That's not a problem to give you a VPS for 1 month. However, there is no much benefit from such benchmark if it will not be posted anywhere.

I'd post it here, of course. What I meant was that you would be authorized to publish my review whereever you like - if you like.

In case you are interested, just PM me.

• ServerumServerum Member, Host Rep

@jsg said:

I'd post it here, of course. What I meant was that you would be authorized to publish my review whereever you like - if you like.

In case you are interested, just PM me.

Just create an order and open a ticket or pm me.

• LOL - two weeks ago but still not review because not hired..

@Hukin said:
    LOL - two weeks ago but still not review because not hired..

Seems they prefer to play "PM me or open ticket" ping pong. As for those 2 weeks; well they probably had lots and lots of work to get their shop up and running. That's OK, I understand that. But I won't play ping pong with them.

• jsg said: jsg

Bureaucracy.. :smiley:

@jsg said:

Seems they prefer to play "PM me or open ticket" ping pong. As for those 2 weeks; well they probably had lots and lots of work to get their shop up and running. That's OK, I understand that. But I won't play ping pong with them.

We're not going to play with you ping pong game, just tell us convenient way for recieving test vps.
    And yes, of course, we had lots of work, however, we're selling virtual servers not for ~2 weeks so our shop is up and running for a few months.

@Serverum

Don't worry, my "they probably had lots and lots of work to get their shop up and running." was meant friendly.

As for the test VPS usually I simply get an IP and password of a test VPS via PM here. Alternatively you can of course also create a customer account and PM me the username and password needed to login to your customer interface if you prefer that.

@jsg said:
    @Serverum

Don't worry, my "they probably had lots and lots of work to get their shop up and running." was meant friendly.

As for the test VPS usually I simply get an IP and password of a test VPS via PM here. Alternatively you can of course also create a customer account and PM me the username and password needed to login to your customer interface if you prefer that.

Just check your PM :)

@Serverum said:
    Just check your PM :)

Just saw it. Thanks. As I currently have lots of work to do and as this is the time between Xmas und new year I can't promise that I'll start right away, but I will certainly start within the next days.

• Soon.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @alexiff said:

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Can I ask why in 2018 going into 2019 you have chosen to limit all users to 100Mbit instead of allowing shared gigabit? I am just curious your reasoning behind this as you stated this is a new platform and I am sure you thought about this a lot before opening, so you must have had a good reason?

Cheers!

From our perspective and experience 100mbit is more than enough for 99% of users.
    I never understood why someone would prefer 1Gbit/1TB limited vs 100Mbit unlim because 1TB is basically a 3mbit connection (24/7) - but that is totally IMO
    We would gladly implement other "plans" with bigger network speed if our clients will ask/demand.

Because most people don't need a TB of bandwidth, they need data faster. I can't think of any application I would use that would be 3Mbps 24/7. Only a business would, and that would be better on another provider and bare metal.

If I'm doing nightly backups, do I want it to take longer or shorter?

Server (with VPS) not reachable.

Thanked by 2lowendboi Hukin
    edited December 2018

@jsg said:

That was my mistake because I put due date on on 29/04/2018 (not 2019) and billing system decided to terminate it since it was already due. I'm sorry and if you're still willing to test - just let me know. That was just a human error.
    Regards.

@Serverum said:

@jsg said:

That was my mistake because I put due date on on 29/04/2018 (not 2019) and billing system decided to terminate it since it was already due. I'm sorry and if you're still willing to test - just let me know. That was just a human error.
    Regards.

No problem. Mistakes happen. Just PM me new access data.

@jsg said:

@Serverum said:

@jsg said:

Regards.

No problem. Mistakes happen. Just PM me new access data.

Just let me be sure if everything is fixed now and I will contact you in few days.
    P.S. Happy New Year for everyone!!!

• Apologies for the necro, but I'd really like to see what's happened with the review :wink:

@jsg @Serverum

The tests are still running ... (as agreed and reasonable).

Thanked by 1lowendboi

@lowendboi it's up to @jsg to decide when it's time to post any review. So let's be patient :D

Thanked by 1eol
  • Can you give me a coupon?