Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SERVERUM] New company! 1GB - €5/m on OpenStack KVM + SSD + Firewall + Backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SERVERUM] New company! 1GB - €5/m on OpenStack KVM + SSD + Firewall + Backups

ServerumServerum Member, Host Rep
edited December 2018 in Offers

Greetings fellow community members!

New company here - Serverum. Former vstoike/veesp employee (+one more not so former) starting our own project.
Currently we are on collocation in VEESP DC (RU) while we are building our own in EU (LV)

What we have to offer at the moment:
KVM based VPS servers on Openstack platform with backups and firewall

OVPS 1
CPU: 1 vCore
RAM: 1 GB
SSD: 25 GB
Bandwidth: 100 Mbps
Traffic : Unlimited
Locations : RU (EU coming in 2019Q2/Q3)
Price : €5/month
Order

Backup price: €0.1 per GB (25GB VPS backup price - €2.5)
Firewall price: free of charge

Templates :
Centos 6/7
Ubuntu 16/18
Debian 8/9
FreeBSD 11
Arch Linux 2018
Gentoo 2018

Hypervisor hardware - Xeon E5-2680v2 (2.8 Ghz per core) + SSD in RAID10

We accept: bank cards (visa/mc/union/amex) and most online-banking services in EU, paypal, coingate (most of the well know cryptocurrency), webmoney, alipay, qq, amazon pay, yandex money.

Looking glass

Roadmap:
2019Q2/Q3 - starting own DC in EU (LV), new vps location + cloud(IaaS) + dedicated server rent (reasonable prices)

P.S. Be gentle please.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@Serverum said:
    P.S. Be gentle please.

You came to the wrong hole, leave while you still can

Thanked by 2connercg taubin
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Hold on wait for it. Give it a little more. It will be begin with a h and end with a n.

• Homotransplantation?

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Hold on wait for it. Give it a little more. It will be begin with a h and end with a n.

testicles?

@ehab @eol Good guesses! LOL, Let us not derail this thread.

Thanked by 2eol ehab
  • PieNotEvenEaten said: Hold on wait for it. Give it a little more. It will be begin with a h and end with a n.

Hte nde si hign.

Thanked by 1eol
  • caracalcaracal Member
    edited December 2018

No LET specific offers or discounts?

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

I see police squad arrived earlier than s and m pick up the phone.

Thanked by 1eol

Well @Hukin are you going to ask some questions like you normally do? Oops i mean the truth you speak.

• Sorry, can't see your OVPS 1 beating Hetzner CX11/21.

• @AC_Fan said:
    Sorry, can't see your OVPS 1 beating Hetzner CX11/21.

Me neither :(

• good luck with your ... sales.

Thanked by 4eol mfs Ympker coreflux
  • Can I ask why in 2018 going into 2019 you have chosen to limit all users to 100Mbit instead of allowing shared gigabit? I am just curious your reasoning behind this as you stated this is a new platform and I am sure you thought about this a lot before opening, so you must have had a good reason?

Cheers!

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Can I ask why in 2018 going into 2019 you have chosen to limit all users to 100Mbit instead of allowing shared gigabit? I am just curious your reasoning behind this as you stated this is a new platform and I am sure you thought about this a lot before opening, so you must have had a good reason?

Cheers!

Isn't that clear? Providers (not summer- winter-hosts though) pay their traffic by 95/5 method. A dirty cheap customer with 100Mbit cannot ruin your whole traffic chart.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2018

FR_Michael said: Isn't that clear? Providers (not summer- winter-hosts though) pay their traffic by 95/5 method. A dirty cheap customer with 100Mbit cannot ruin your whole traffic chart.

OHHH, its because you are lazy and don't actually want to pay attention to your nodes or implement bandwidth tracking... got it!

Silly me for expecting someone to do those things.

The business I work for isn't a "summer- winter-hosts" and we don't seem to have a problem with people having access to gigabit..

(facepalm)

Cheers!

• alexiffalexiff Member
    edited December 2018

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Can I ask why in 2018 going into 2019 you have chosen to limit all users to 100Mbit instead of allowing shared gigabit? I am just curious your reasoning behind this as you stated this is a new platform and I am sure you thought about this a lot before opening, so you must have had a good reason?

Cheers!

From our perspective and experience 100mbit is more than enough for 99% of users.
    I never understood why someone would prefer 1Gbit/1TB limited vs 100Mbit unlim because 1TB is basically a 3mbit connection (24/7) - but that is totally IMO
    We would gladly implement other "plans" with bigger network speed if our clients will ask/demand.

Thanked by 3TheLinuxBug Letzien jsg
    edited December 2018

alexiff said: From our perspective and experience 100mbit is more than enough for 99% of users.
    I never understood why someone can prefer 1Gbit/1TB limited vs 100Mbit unlim because 1TB is basically a 3mbit connection (24/7) - but that is totally IMO
    We would gladly implement other "plans" with bigger network speed if our clients will ask/demand.

Thanks for the response. This actually does make sense. Good to know you are open to working with customers who might need more than just 100Mbit.

Cheers!

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@TheLinuxBug said:

FR_Michael said: Isn't that clear? Providers (not summer- winter-hosts though) pay their traffic by 95/5 method. A dirty cheap customer with 100Mbit cannot ruin your whole traffic chart.

OHHH, its because you are lazy and don't actually want to pay attention to your nodes or implement bandwidth tracking... got it!

Silly me for expecting someone to do those things.

The business I work for isn't a "summer- winter-hosts" and we don't seem to have a problem with people having access to gigabit..

(facepalm)

Cheers!

Respect for this toxic reply. As you might see on our webpage we offer gigabit with every vps so not sure why you rage that hard. Maybe take a drink and calm down?!

edited December 2018

FR_Michael said: Respect for this toxic reply. As you might see on our webpage we offer gigabit with every vps so not sure why you rage that hard. Maybe take a drink and calm down?!

I figured your response rhetorical so responded in kind (well at least I hope it was). Plus I guess it wasn't as obvious as you eluded to, seeing as the host them selves had a very reasonable answer that didn't match yours.

If you don't want me to be just as absurd as you, don't make silly comments where you make assumptions and try to tell me how dumb I am for not assuming the same.

Cheers!

• @FR_Michael said:
    Maybe take a drink and calm down?!

I would love a drink. Is there anyone in the thread that could SERVE RUM?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@armandorg said:

@Serverum said:
    P.S. Be gentle please.

You came to the wrong hole, leave while you still can

• It's strange.
    Although QQ wallet and WeChat are both Tencent product and most people in China use
    both WeChat and QQ if they use one of them, but as far as I know, people prefer paying bills via WeChat than QQ.
    Why do you even support QQ, but no WeChat?

• ServerumServerum Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@Yandex said:
    It's strange.
    Although QQ wallet and WeChat are both Tencent product and most people in China use
    both WeChat and QQ if they use one of them, but as far as I know, people prefer paying bills via WeChat than QQ.
    Why do you even support QQ, but no WeChat?

That's not the full list of payment methods and yes, we support WeChat. And seems that there was a little mistake - we don't suport QQ.

• @Serverum Looks cool, I'm going to check it out. Generally, I think it's important to have access to a good variety of providers.

• @FR_Michael said:
    Isn't that clear? Providers (not summer- winter-hosts though) pay their traffic by 95/5 method. A dirty cheap customer with 100Mbit cannot ruin your whole traffic chart.

What is a "summer-winter-host"?

• ullbeking said: What is a "summer-winter-host"?

Two times per year when Santa coming to check out who has a bad relationship with him this year.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2018

@Serverum

I think that with your pricing you wont find many customers here at LET.

In case you are interested I'm willing to benchmark and review your 5$ VPS if you provide me with one for free for 2 weeks (I would not use it for anything but for testing, no need for that. 2 weeks min. because I've learned here that a review should be based on at least some weeks experience). You would of course have the right to use/publish my review whereever you want.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

jsg said: I'm willing to benchmark and review your 5$ VPS if you provide me with one for free for 2 weeks

Nice :smiley: No one wants it for a fee but I can skate if it free. How about pay for rent for a two weeks?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Hukin said:

jsg said: I'm willing to benchmark and review your 5$ VPS if you provide me with one for free for 2 weeks

Nice :smiley: No one wants it for a fee but I can skate if it free. How about pay for rent for a two weeks?

Doing a benchmark and review on a VPS is a service both to the provider and the community. Plus I clearly stated that I (generally and always) do not use a VPS provided for benchmarking/reviewing for anything else.

• ServerumServerum Member, Host Rep

@jsg said:
    @Serverum

I think that with your pricing you wont find many customers here at LET.

In case you are interested I'm willing to benchmark and review your 5$ VPS if you provide me with one for free for 2 weeks (I would not use it for anything but for testing, no need for that. 2 weeks min. because I've learned here that a review should be based on at least some weeks experience). You would of course have the right to use/publish my review whereever you want.

Hi,
    That's not a problem to give you a VPS for 1 month. However, there is no much benefit from such benchmark if it will not be posted anywhere.