Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider prohibits onecloud discount plan from creating services in certain regions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider prohibits onecloud discount plan from creating services in certain regions

Although the plan names are the same, they obviously think that the discount account should not get the same service.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2018

Unfortunately you won't surprise the community by sharing this, the community already knows that OneProvider is pure trash, both from quality of support and honesty standpoints, as this is not the first time they do this.

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

Seems you get what you pay for.

EDIT:
    Where's the problem?

Thanked by 2edit2 doghouch
  • Where the problem? They not allow deep discounts in APAC regions because it cost them more than in US and EU that normal practice, nothing surprised as well. They do that with every promotion every year.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Why is the problem?

• Excellent question.

edited December 2018

eol said: Seems you get what you pay for.

EDIT:
    Where's the problem?

The problem is that this is not advertised clearly before signup and purchase. The way their system works is that you add funds and after that can try creating a VM. And only then you will find out that the locations you want aren't available for your plan, not to mention with the cryptic "SOMETHING WENT WRONG" error.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Alright.

• AnonekoAnoneko Member
    edited December 2018

@eol said:

EDIT:
    Where's the problem?

@Hukin This deal from last year's BF, they declared at the time "for all locations", You can still find relevant information on their tweets now.

In the case that the customer did not cancel the contract, OneProvider changed the service content and did not notify, this is a serious problem.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Anoneko said: In the case that the customer did not cancel the contract, OneProvider changed the service content and did not notify, this is a serious problem.

You can freely use all other non APAC locations. That not locked.

• @Anoneko said:

@eol said:

EDIT:
    Where's the problem?

@Hukin This deal from last year's BF, they declared at the time "for all locations", You can still find relevant information on their tweets now.

In the case that the customer did not cancel the contract, OneProvider changed the service content and did not notify, this is a serious problem.

Ok. Got it.

• AnonekoAnoneko Member
    edited December 2018

@Hukin said:

Anoneko said: In the case that the customer did not cancel the contract, OneProvider changed the service content and did not notify, this is a serious problem.

You can freely use all other non APAC locations. That not locked.

This is exactly what they want. If the provider believes that the price paid by the customer is not sufficient to pay the cost, they can directly inform the price increase instead of using these tricks.

The only thing that OneProvider has attracted me is that their HK machines are hosted on Leaseweb, is the cheapest Leaseweb HK deal I can find. Can't find any other reason to convince me to use it.

• Anoneko said: Anoneko

If APAC cost them $2,60 per VPS, they cannot sell for $2,50 to you, but can sell for $5,00. If US and EU locations cost them $1,00 they can easy sell you for $2,50 and for $5,00
    Of course they use some advertising tricks to attract buyers as usual. But unique that fact about user can try out all available locations at once for one monthly fee.

BTW: Can you share a promo code you get?

• @Hukin said:

Anoneko said: Anoneko

If APAC cost them $2,60 per VPS, they cannot sell for $2,50 to you, but can sell for $5,00. If US and EU locations cost them $1,00 they can easy sell you for $2,50 and for $5,00
    Of course they use some advertising tricks to attract buyers as usual. But unique that fact about user can try out all available locations at once for one monthly fee.

BTW: Can you share a promo code you get?

Sorry, I don't think they provided coupon codes at the time. In my impression, they directly modified the price of all the plans.

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2018

In the tweet, it says “up to 65% off”, and from that, maybe, the discount for each locations were different?

• AnonekoAnoneko Member
    edited December 2018

@muffin said:
    In the tweet, it says “up to 65% off”, and from that, maybe, the discount for each locations were different?

I am sure 50% off is applicable to the APAC area because it is running for a year. A few days ago I heard that they have a new IP range and can use Netflix, so I deleted the instance and prepared to rebuild - the story begins.

• Anoneko said: A few days ago I heard that they have a new IP range and can use Netflix, so I deleted the instance and prepared to rebuild

So witch means you lost your old pricing scheme when you delete your old APAC VPS and trying to recreate a new one? That a problem?

• @Hukin said:

Anoneko said: A few days ago I heard that they have a new IP range and can use Netflix, so I deleted the instance and prepared to rebuild

So witch means you lost your old pricing scheme when you delete your old APAC VPS and trying to recreate a new one? That a problem?

Let me explain that, OneProvider's OneCloud platform sells resource quotas instead of a single server. So you can delete and recreate instances at any time, as long as your quota still valid. Server location also can switch at any time.

• @Hukin said:

Anoneko said: A few days ago I heard that they have a new IP range and can use Netflix, so I deleted the instance and prepared to rebuild

For him it is apparently, also the no Netflix thingy must bug him as well.

Hukin said: That a problem?

Why are you so hostile to the user, and try every opportunity to assume the provider is right? Is it just because the user is here, but the provider is not, and you need someone to deride just because you are bored?

Thanked by 1Anoneko
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Because, in our current era of modern society, everyone is guilty before proven innocent.

Don't blame him. Blame SJWs.

• rm_ said: Why are you so hostile to the user, and try every opportunity to assume the provider is right? Is it just because the user is here, but the provider is not, and you need someone to deride just because you are bored?

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I wish they would just change their name to middlemanprovider.

• AnthonySmith said: I wish they would just change their name to middlemanprovider.

I was spin about five VPS with them in different location a year ago Get nothing bad or wrong. Just wondering why some folks trying to blame them. May be brainlimited or hands growing not from the right place. No idea.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Middlefingerhost is a good name.

Thanked by 1eol
  • deank said: Middlefingerhost is a good name.

Depends a situation.) Theendishighfingerhost

• @Hukin said:

AnthonySmith said: I wish they would just change their name to middlemanprovider.

I was spin about five VPS with them in different location a year ago Get nothing bad or wrong. Just wondering why some folks trying to blame them. May be brainlimited or hands growing not from the right place. No idea.

I steadily used their service for a year, and then found that some of the rights I purchased at the time were deprived (have to know through the ticket). Maybe I should keep silent and be grateful that I still have the rest?

If I violate ToS or other blablabla, please point out. Otherwise, they are obligated to provide services in accordance with the contract.

• Anoneko said: @Hukin This deal from last year's BF, they declared at the time "for all locations", You can still find relevant information on their tweets now.

Yes, discounted for all locations LAST YEAR. It's 2017.
    Now it's 2018 already (almost 2019), that location did not exist last year when you buy it right?

• @khuongcomputer said:

Anoneko said: @Hukin This deal from last year's BF, they declared at the time "for all locations", You can still find relevant information on their tweets now.

Yes, discounted for all locations LAST YEAR. It's 2017.
    Now it's 2018 already (almost 2019), that location did not exist last year when you buy it right?

As far as I know, they started to provide HK server in onecloud as early as 2016, and this is a recurring offer. Any question?

• Only Singapore was recurring from APAC from their 50% off previous year. HK was not allowed. And few new countries they just add such a Lithuania.

• Anoneko said: As far as I know, they started to provide HK server in onecloud as early as 2016, and this is a recurring offer. Any question?

Yes. That still not means your bought plan included that location. They clearly stated different percentage reductions on different locations.
    If you have "65% order in APAC/HK location" when you purchased, then you can show them that. If not, then it's not included.