Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some beta Testers .... Free 90 vps !! LXC container for the moment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some beta Testers .... Free 90 vps !! LXC container for the moment

Comments

• Your Order Number is: 8782423941

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Ordered out of curiosity. Will have a play and give you some feedback :)

• @cociu said:
    almost gone all vps ... 180 lol . Have a great night guys , i hope i will recive all the feedback .

No IP address received
    Order Number: 1865647216

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@cociu said:
    @MikePT Cabron ! you are rich !

Am I, cabron??? :o

• Sold out?

• @cociu did you find out which witch caused you many problems?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

I reinstalled with debian 9, all went smoothly. The speed of the reinstallation of the lxc container is not great, it takes about 2 minutes to complete the job, but that's acceptable.
    Now, here are some suggestions about the client interface and the service:

• In the network tab, disable the option to delete the ip. Also, I saw that the provisioned ip has a /22 on the end. Maybe you should change it to /32 to give a single ip to the container.
    • You should add a reverse dns entry option and a tun/tap enabling check box.
    • You have enabled the "disk" tab. If you are not going to allow adding more disk space from client's end, you maybe should disable this tab.
    • Downloading keys is a nice option. If it would be possible, you may could have an option to disable password root login when installing the server and entering via keys.
    • The backup tab is enabled and it is working fine! It would be a nice feature if the customer can download the provisioned backup to keep his proxmox server off-site. Also, does the backup take space from the provisioned hdd space, or it will be an extra feature with extra space for the client?
    • Maybe you could add some more OS, not only the popular ones (e.g. arch). There are all in the Proxmox repository.
    • Also, if you going to give some kvm, too, a nice idea is to have precreated templates to speed up the provisioning, if someone does not want to install it from scratch.
    • "Additional Information" shows as OS the initial one and does not change when the vps is reinstalled. If it is possible, you should configure this to show the current OS that the client has on his container.

Overall, the module seem to work fine, at least for me. That's all for now! Hope I helped

• And a last one, @cociu : I reinstalled the server with centos 7, all smooth again!
    If you need it, you can deactivate the server from me and give it to someone else, during this week I don't think I will have spare time to test it again. :(
    If you need anything else, tag me or pm me! Have a good night!

• Only 30 days of idling?
    Not worth it.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Thanked by 2eol TimboJones
  • Hi, @cociu would you please please take a look at ticket #528863.
    I bought this VM on 4th September, your staff set it up in 17th October, and it had been online for 22days and gone dark. In the control panel, I could see it's online, but it didn't answer to ping, ssh or tcping, MTR could not trace to this VM.
    You said you were busy back in October, so I waited till 11th November to raise a ticket, your staff answered quickly to ask which VM, and I replied IP address of this VM, and hadn't heard from your staff since.
    On 5th December, I noticed that you mentioned something wrong with your ticket system which resulted old tickets couldn't be seen in your comment on LET. And I raise this ticket to report the issue, and your staff answered: "push the reboot button from your client area and should be functioning". Unfortunately, it did not work.
    So, would you please completely fix and test yourselves first rather than ask me to test via ticket, cause you may not be able to see my reply. I hereby confirm that I don't care any data on that VM, you may do whatever you need to do with the VM to fix it, power off, reboot, reinstall, desctuct, reconstruct, anything. By the way, the OS template list on reinstall panel is empty, you may need to fix that in the first place.
    Thank you.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • Order Number: 7442464174

Product/Service: lowendtalk - test 1 week

True ?

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

@cociu said:
    ...so we offer for free the first 90 vps durring 1 month .

• plusnettr said: Order Number: 7442464174

Product/Service: lowendtalk - test 1 week

True ?

no more stock sorry. We will offer some kvm in the next days with the same spec same test period

Thanked by 1plusnettr
  • simlevsimlev Member
    edited December 2018

I received the New VPS Information email.

In the **Client Area*.

• Clicking on noVNC launches a popup where I'm told the certificate (test1.hostsolutions.ro) does not match the hostname (an IP address). After accepting the risk and continuing, I only see a blank page.
    • SPICE console makes me download a certificate (I think)...with no explanation on what to do with it.
    • Adding a disk in DISKS does not work, as expected. However, it still powered off the VM.
    • Adding a Backup Job with a nonstandard time such as 09.00 instead of 09:00 outputs the message: "Parameter verification failed. ( [starttime] - value does not match the regex pattern ) " which I find to be less user-friendly than I would like it to be.
    • Adding a Firewall rule, one is presented with the choice of interface between venet and net0, but there is no explanation of the differences between them. If venet is chosen, an unsufficiently user-friendly error message appears saying: "Parameter verification failed. ( [iface] - value does not match the regex pattern 'net\d+' )".
    • After reinstalling (Ubuntu 18.04), the specified root password doesn't work. SSH login worked flawlessly with the newly downloaded private key. This seems to be an issue with the os though, since the server says: "Failed password for root" even though the password is correct and works when not connecting through SSH.
    • I created a Backup Job (snapshot, gzip) but nothing appeared under Backups.
    • When freshly booted, Uptime and CPU Usage start with negative values; they then move on to sensible values.
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Last time when we do something like that, we got 40% phishing / 50% botnets and 10% real testers. I hope you will be more lucky.

• Great new panel. Like Backup, backup jobs, graphs. Firewall look promising.

TUN is not available. No Button turnon it.
    noVNC and SPICE Console not work for me.

• I also like the new panel. NoVnc also doesn't work for me. I have a strange bug with ubuntu 18.04. When I install this OS, I can't login because password doesn't work. If I install any other os, then I can login normally

• luka289 said: I also like the new panel. NoVnc also doesn't work for me. I have a strange bug with ubuntu 18.04. When I install this OS, I can't login because password doesn't work. If I install any other os, then I can login normally

thanks , we will take a look

• bacloud said: Last time when we do something like that, we got 40% phishing / 50% botnets and 10% real testers. I hope you will be more lucky.

to have real testers is cost money , also is not a guarantee is make the job. I have decided to make this again because many of people from here was use our service until now and is know how this was work until now so can be more accurate feedback

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited December 2018

delivered some kind of debian installed although centos selected in order form.

installed rtorrent , add some public 2160p pron , burned 700Gig Bw in no more than 8 hours

constant 250 Mbits outgoing.

At least you did the network good this time.

Pretty nice test results

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • @emre said:
    delivered some kind of debian installed although centos selected in order form.

installed rtorrent , add some public 2160p pronLinux ISOs , burned 700Gig Bw in no more than 8 hours

constant 250 Mbits outgoing.

At least you did the network good this time.

Pretty nice test results

• emre said: installed rtorrent , add some public 2160p pron , burned 700Gig Bw in no more than 8 hours

lol'd

Thanked by 1eol
  • emreemre Member, LIR

edit said: lol'd

>

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • edit said: emre said: installed rtorrent , add some public 2160p pron , burned 700Gig Bw in no more than 8 hours

lol'd

burn the server !

Thanked by 1pike
  • emreemre Member, LIR

@emre said:

edit said: lol'd

>

Thanked by 1eol
  • @emre said:

jeez haha

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Modulesfactory Have nothing wrong we used it before and pretty good you may need to double check your configuration!

• key900 said: Modulesfactory Have nothing wrong we used it before and pretty good you may need to double check your configuration!

Nope is not double check , is xxxx check from us , also i have payed One man business called "Mohamed" to resolve the issues and nothing changed. I repeat in this moment with such quantity of clients this mofdule is a mess for us. Until last year was a pleasure ... but now ... is a nightmare. I hope came back in one day to use modulesfactory but right now i lost my clients , lost time, lost money and give a mess quality to my customers wich is not possible. The modulesfactory right now when a 10 clients is make a reinstall in the same time is delete the config file for Vm so all client data is lost and need to proceed manually. Sum this for xxx node and you will see how many tikets you recive/day