Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CENTOS WEBPANEL IMPROVEMENTS (CWP) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CENTOS WEBPANEL IMPROVEMENTS (CWP)

Comments

• Good to know that my feelings were correct.

There were too many people raving on here about this project.

IMO, the first thing I thought was "any control panel project that start with the name of an operating system is to be avoided"

• nitramoneito said: install cwp now and let us know

A few days ago, I just tried CWP for the first time, UI feels a bit heavy and confusing.

System info at right sidebar is not comfortable to read.

I was hoping to edit SSH configuration (change port, disable password) at "Service SSH" tab, but apparently it's located under "Services Config". It's just a sshd_config file in a text editor, I'd rather edit it directly through WinSCP/nano.

There's no settings for removing/disable services (FTP/mail .etc) that I don't want to run.

No text editor under File Manager(?).

I tried to change the webserver into Nginx only, not sure if it works, there's no settings for Nginx configuration.

For more than 10 minutes, CPU usage is 100% (Liteserver 4 core KVM NVMe) since I rebuild the PHP version. Maybe it's normal, well, I don't know. It scared me off so I just reinstall the VPS and let it idle again.

I might missed something because I'm not running a full test of CWP, I only experience this in less than 15 minutes. Apologies if my comment caused any inconvenience.

But, to answer my own question/opinion in my previous post:
    CWP might have much feature than Vesta, but simpler/easier than Vesta? No, not even close.

@Coffee said:

nitramoneito said: vestacp cnt even come close

In terms of?

I'm not using VestaCP anymore, but the last time I used it, nothing can beat it's simplicity.

• @nitramoneito said:

SecNinja said: I should not be able to install software and gain root in less than 10 minutes, that should not be a thing in 2018. This is like shit I would expect in the early 2000's where people were still figuring out how to securely code in PHP with multi-user environments...

Being a security expert,

you can make suggesttions and be paid for mentioning any security vulnurabilities you find...

What do you mean by you should not be able to install software or login as root after CWP installation, do you mean a normal user can be able to do this...

kindly write your findings to [email protected] for further investigation

DAMN, I think he already quite stated it in his reply, I have been using your software in +4 servers, moving to CyberPanel.

@SecNinja have you ever installed CyberPanel? Have you seen flaws?

• @desfire said:

@nitramoneito said:

SecNinja said: I should not be able to install software and gain root in less than 10 minutes, that should not be a thing in 2018. This is like shit I would expect in the early 2000's where people were still figuring out how to securely code in PHP with multi-user environments...

Being a security expert,

you can make suggesttions and be paid for mentioning any security vulnurabilities you find...

What do you mean by you should not be able to install software or login as root after CWP installation, do you mean a normal user can be able to do this...

DAMN, I think he already quite stated it in his reply, I have been using your software in +4 servers, moving to CyberPanel.

@SecNinja have you ever installed CyberPanel? Have you seen flaws?

I wonder if cyberpanel fixed the bugs I found...

• Hi,

The issues mentioned with @SecNinja were investigated and have all been fixed.. Control webpanel takes security very seriously and we may not see all the issue, thats why we always invite anyone with a suggestion or who has seen a security issue to metnion it.

As for the New Version of CWP, the new file manager has a text editor for all programming languages... PHP, HTML, CSS, NODE etc.

Regarding adding IPs, CWP detects IP addresses added in the operatig system under the process below

touch /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
    nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1

This will automatically be displayed for the added ips,

On matters with changing port 22, yes some of the components in CWP are still done in text editr, and alot of them are being migrated to feature their own interface for managing and changing.

Someone mentioned a bug o opening new tabs.. Some functions are designed to open in new tab, especially if you ight still need the old tab for reference or some continous setting after the deviation.

@Coffee when you tested CWP, was it the old version or the new version.. Kindly install the new version and see a new file manager, text editor

For FTP and Mail, there is a way in the user panel to add, remove new mail account, and ftp accounts...

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • CWP is Free and will always be free, it is advanced thats why alot of functionality settings might seem confusing.. if you find it hard setting up CWP, why don't you support the project by purchsing a one time suport, which costs $7 only or even better, subscribe to a support plan.. which gives you a dedicated account mnager that will also help in setting up and monitoring your server.

@desfire If you are willing to pay the amount stated in Cyberpanel, why not pay the same, not for the software but for Human support of CWP....
    https://newsite.control-webpanel.com/support-services

• Can you also add the option to install letsencrypt ssl with one click on the hostname it self please?

• @suricloud said:
    Can you also add the option to install letsencrypt ssl with one click on the hostname it self please?

That function is built into the system by default, just go under hostname setting, save the changes and Letsencrypt will be installed.

• @nitramoneito said:

@suricloud said:
    Can you also add the option to install letsencrypt ssl with one click on the hostname it self please?

That function is built into the system by default, just go under hostname setting, save the changes and Letsencrypt will be installed.

IME/IIRC, only once you have setup a client account/domain

• no need to have setup a client account or domain..

the system has 4 options of generating SSL.

for the hostname, as long as it is pointed to the server, go and save the hostname, and it will install ssl,
    for users, if a new domain is added, then ssl will be installed, these can also be done mannually from the admin and user side...

• I didnt saw that,would be better if you make it easier like it is on vestacp en cyberpanel.

@nitramoneito said:

@suricloud said:

• @nitramoneito said:
    CWP is Free and will always be free, it is advanced thats why alot of functionality settings might seem confusing.. if you find it hard setting up CWP, why don't you support the project by purchsing a one time suport, which costs $7 only or even better, subscribe to a support plan.. which gives you a dedicated account mnager that will also help in setting up and monitoring your server.

@desfire If you are willing to pay the amount stated in Cyberpanel, why not pay the same, not for the software but for Human support of CWP....
    https://newsite.control-webpanel.com/support-services

CyberPanel is free as well with OpenLiteSpeed

• 😢

• @nitramoneito said:

Being a security expert,

Holy fuck man, have you never wondered why others end questions with a "?" and you never do? Did you skip school on every single day they taught asking questions?

Protip: when you have the urge to write "..." - just don't.

• Hi @nitramoneito
    I have problem with my new VPS, why i can't access websites which is on the addon domain and subdomain.
    I have tried many things from rebuid web server to re-installation

• @warih is your shared ip, under settings setup correctly?
    does your addon domains point to the shared ip assigned?
    is apache or nginx running, from the admin dashboard?

are the server's nameservers configured to the right ip address?

these could be some of the reasons why the addon domains may not be working..

• @nitramoneito said:
    @warih is your shared ip, under settings setup correctly?
    does your addon domains point to the shared ip assigned?
    is apache or nginx running, from the admin dashboard?

are the server's nameservers configured to the right ip address?

these could be some of the reasons why the addon domains may not be working..

I use cloudflare DNS to point domain, and yes everything setup correctly.
    The main domain work correctly, and just addon & subdomain that not work

• Is the demo up to date?

• @desfire No it is not, it will be ready once we fully migrate the new website.
    We are working to make sure the migration is successful without breaking updates..

So when you see the new website.. know the demo is also updated

• @warih kindly open a support ticket as i might not be able to tell how you server has been configured to cause the issue.

• @nitramoneito said:
    @warih kindly open a support ticket as i might not be able to tell how you server has been configured to cause the issue.

Hi @nitramoneito It's solved, I use CWP on my 2 VPS and everything works fine. Thank you

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2018

@Mridul
    Precisely what I eluded to above.

The bug that keeps jumping to the "High Performace WebServers Configuration" page is annoying..

It took a few rebuilds of the webserver to clear it!

• MridulMridul Member
    edited December 2018

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Mridul

The bug that keeps jumping to the "High Performace WebServers Configuration" page is annoying.. >

Well, I wish to skip ( the rebuild / install ) this entirely. The forum hosting it cant afford downtime and I dont need PHP-FPM at all.

Lets hope that @nitramoneito would suggest some workaround.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @Mridul

The bug that keeps jumping to the "High Performace WebServers Configuration" page is annoying.. >

That is not a bug but an upgrade process, you just hav to follow it. to have it go away.. no shortcut.

Install php FPM, then rebuild web server. then configure web server and proceed with your usage.

Them opening in new tabs is also not a bug, it was planned that way.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Mridul said: Well, I wish to skip ( the rebuild / install ) this entirely. The forum hosting it cant afford downtime and I dont need PHP-FPM at all.

Please note that during the build process, no downtime is experienced on the server as a very neat memthod of working that one out was made.
    The PHP fpm, which allows you to run different php version per domain or subdomain needs to be installed firt, then when you rebuild the webserver, the hosted websites are loaded from a cahed version of the website. while the database still remain intact.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • corefluxcoreflux Member
    edited December 2018

@yokowasis said:
    . . . . This caused me to lose millions and force me to install vestacp.

Let's hope you won't lose more millions because of that.

• @coreflux said:

@yokowasis said:

Nah. It's all good. My vestacp still working solid.

• warihwarih Member
    edited December 2018

@yokowasis said:

@coreflux said:

@yokowasis said:

Nah. It's all good. My vestacp still working solid.

do you use a file manager in vestacp?

• Please do add Amazon S3 backup option in cwp.