Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Ryzen 3000 Specs & Prices Leaked, Upto 16 Cores & 5.1GHz on AM4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD Ryzen 3000 Specs & Prices Leaked, Upto 16 Cores & 5.1GHz on AM4

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited December 2018 in General

AMD is allegedly preparing 10 new unbelievable Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, including a 16 core with a mind-boggling 5.1GHz clock speed. More than a month away from CES and just when we least expect it a nuclear bomb of a leak drops on us courtesy of venerable youtuber AdoredTV who has shared a treasure trove of details regarding AMD’s upcoming Zen 2 based Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

Source

Let's hope this is not just rumors.

Specially...

Ryzen 9 3850X 16/32 4.3GHz 5.1GHz 135W $499 May 2019

What a beast.

Thanked by 2inklight gemuruhco
Will you buy one of these?
  1. Will you buy one of these?70 votes
    1. Yes
      62.86%
    2. No
      37.14%

Comments

• I'm skeptical based on the Rome figures that have been published, and the very aggressive purported pricing compared to current 16 core Threadripper.

• PandyPandy Member
    edited December 2018

similar thought as willie, those look either way too cheap (and amd would be stupid to offer them for so cheap, but ofc it would be good for us consumers) or the specs are too good

but if they are true, them it would be my time to finally upgrade my other computer

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

One? I think I'll buy a few.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • The 16 core Ryzen is supposed to be a 3-chiplet part like Rome. Even if they make something like that, $500 seems unrealistic. It sounds more like a 3rd generation Threadripper since Ryzens up til now have been single die.

The graphics part with 8 cores and 20 Vega CU is more interesting but I'm skeptical of that one too.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Thank god I haven't gotten a 9900k after getting duped on a 7700k

• Still waiting on my goddamn orejas.

• nope, i'm not really like number started with 3. waiting for 4 and/or 5.

• So this will be only ~500$ prolly around 600€+ for europe. That is some insane value. Basically double what you get from a i9 9900k but for the same price.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@willie said:
    The 16 core Ryzen is supposed to be a 3-chiplet part like Rome. Even if they make something like that, $500 seems unrealistic. It sounds more like a 3rd generation Threadripper since Ryzens up til now have been single die.

The graphics part with 8 cores and 20 Vega CU is more interesting but I'm skeptical of that one too.

On one hand I think you are right. But on the other hand I see this: intel had quite some problems, so if one wants to hit that giant, now is a good point in time. Plus AMD has smaller gate sizes (and reliable it seems) earlier which is a very powerful factor. So it might be possible that AMD will try to re-conquer market share with an unbeatable combination of performance (at relatively low power consumption too!) and price. If they did it wouldn't make much sense to stay "a bit cheaper than intel" (to which intel could respond relatively easily). Another factor I see is that AMD already is cheaper yet many still "stubbornly" stay with intel. The only lever to make those change is a "brutal" price difference.

Again, I'm by no means sure that that's the story but it might be that this time AMD is going for market share rather than just survival and slow (income) recovery sales. Once intel fully recovers and gets their act together there might not be an opportunity for AMD for many years.

Thanked by 1dodheimsgard
  • Can make nice VPS :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Waiting for Intel's 14mm ++++++ meanwhile.

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited December 2018

very aggressive purported pricing compared to current 16 core Threadripper

16 core threadripper is now &579 at newegg so $500 for 16 core ryzen is nothing aggresive really, its just step ahead.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@SteveMC said:
    Can make nice VPS :)

Not in Ryzen. Epyc hopefully should get an upgrade as well :-).

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • 5.1GHz must be turbo. Highly doubt that it's base clock.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vovler said:
    5.1GHz must be turbo. Highly doubt that it's base clock.

Yes it is. Base is around 3, 3.5 GHz. Plus (I presume) that those 5.1 GHz are max as in "1 core per die or multiple cores for up to 30 microseconds per millsecond" or similar.

• Finally.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Ryzen 9 3850X base 4.3GHz and turbo 5.1GHz

Thanked by 1eol

I am more interested in how Intel is gonna name their 10th gen CPU.

9900k and then what? 10900k? which doesn't sound right.

P.S. If this rumor is true, I will probably grab the 12 core part. I already have two 2700x.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

@deank said:
    I am more interested in how Intel is gonna name their 10th gen CPU.

P.S. If this rumor is true, I will probably grab the 12 core part. I already have two 2700x.

$10900k

• @deank said:

Given their preference for chemical names, there are still some names left on the periodic table. My choices would be Iron (Spectre-hardened) and Krypton (much better iGPU).

• Buy Bye intel.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • It's almost 100% fake, AMD itself confirmed the current 7nm is not going as good as expected,so these 5.1Ghz clocks are unrealistic plus 16 core zen2 is also unlikely.

All I want is at least 2 more cores (4 more threads).

• @deank said:
    All I want is at least 2 more cores (4 more threads).

Superglue an Opteron to it.

Thanked by 3eol smicroz Falzo
  • deank said: I am more interested in how Intel is gonna name their 10th gen CPU.

well it's already the 2nd iteration, previous we had the Core CPU's E3200, Q6600 etc,

so maybe the 3rd iteration will have a prefix again

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Tbh I think this is gonna be serious competition vs Intel. It's gonna blow them.

• dodheimsgard said: 16 core threadripper is now &579 at newegg

I believe that's clearing out inventory of the 1st generation model. The current (2nd gen) one is around 900 last time I looked.

Intel is already in troubles.

The last AMD setup I had was back in 4x4 system (Quad FX). Since then all my CPUs had been Intel. I used mostly Xeon due to higher core count but Intel nevertheless.

Right now, I have two 2700x rigs and one rig that's running on i7-6700 that's due retirement soon.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Yeah intel is in trouble.
    Also using Xeons but now that AMD is back...