Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merchant save Client credit card without client consent & authorization - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Merchant save Client credit card without client consent & authorization

2»

Comments

• gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

@Clouvider said:
    Why are you looking to remove the details? Did you forget to cancel and are upset your card was charged?

Once I was upset because I forget to cancel subscription from a creepy provider, then they showed me ToS and other stuffs, then I have to accept this as my mistake and move on. Mostly paypal is better in such cases, customer can see and cancel the renewal if customer don't want, then the host shall behind customer. Otherway, if customer give his/her credit card, they charge as per norms, then customer will be behind host.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I just created an account at Privacy.com for this exact reason. I don't mind a company having my credit card information, I just wanted more control over it.

• KuJoe said: I just created an account at Privacy.com for this exact reason. I don't mind a company having my credit card information, I just wanted more control over it.

Its only for US residents and can be founded only from US bank accounts.
    Isn't Google Pay, Apple Pay do the same with existing bank cards for countries where they supported.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:

@WebProject said:
    ...it takes one phone call to use it, if its multiple charges in this case you need to fill the form as your card provider will check for validity of your case.give you a total and practically indisputable refund that costs the merchant ~$20 + the cost of the service/product. Instead of this being a phone call away for the merchant, it takes a long, time consuming process that rarely ends in the merchant reclaiming funds.

Fixed that for you, based on experience.

I personally had experience too, as it was a prepaid service and I paid in advance and I haven’t managed to use service as the company went bust but they did charged me twice for no service, therefore Amex refunded instantly the first payment as for the second required to fill the form to investigate the case.