Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxMind Downgrades China to an overall higher fraud risk. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxMind Downgrades China to an overall higher fraud risk.

13»

Comments

• @starrydots said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Maxmind text today CN IP:

This order is very high risk, and we suggest you not accept it. This order is higher risk because the distance between the billing address and the user's actual location is so great. The order is slightly riskier because the e-mail domain, 163.com, is a free e-mail provider. The order is riskier because it comes from a country associated with high levels of fraud. You specifically blocked this order

Maxmind text a few days ago CN IP:

This order is very high risk, and we suggest you not accept it. This order is higher risk because the distance between the billing address and the user's actual location is so great. The order is slightly riskier because the e-mail domain, qq.com, is a free e-mail provider. The order is higher risk because the billing country and the country in which the IP address is located don't match. You specifically blocked this order

@AnthonySmith said:
    Maxmind text today CN IP:

This order is very high risk, and we suggest you not accept it. This order is higher risk because the distance between the billing address and the user's actual location is so great. The order is slightly riskier because the e-mail domain, 163.com, is a free e-mail provider. The order is riskier because it comes from a country associated with high levels of fraud. You specifically blocked this order

Maxmind text a few days ago CN IP:

This order is very high risk, and we suggest you not accept it. This order is higher risk because the distance between the billing address and the user's actual location is so great. The order is slightly riskier because the e-mail domain, qq.com, is a free e-mail provider. The order is higher risk because the billing country and the country in which the IP address is located don't match. You specifically blocked this order

I suggest that you cancel your support:

Qq.com 163.com 126.com sina.com 139.com

There are many more. These are the most commonly used free mailboxes in China. I suggest you block these.

No, people who use QQ and 163 now defined as 'Lowend' in China, so more and more people start to use me.com and outlook.com, suggest you block these :D

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

qq and 163, meh. 666 is the best.

• @FR_Michael said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Soon there will be many Barack Obamas and Justin Biebers trying to order $15/yr VPS.

Got one today: city san diego, country germany, ip from hong kong and phone number from switzerland. Asked for refund after we requested verification documents.

One people I know provide his actual information to a provider in China and then arrested by the government. That's why we don't want to use actual information and use VPN as much as we can.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@starrydots said:
    China blocked many links, such as Google, and almost all products were blocked. VPN is required for access. Many users are unable to access the provider's website, and users choose to use VPN to order.

I understand that but this is a problem for me so I will not accept orders from VPNs. People have their reasons and I fully support them for having those views, but I'm going to err on the side of caution when it comes to my company and my clients. Something people are not taking into account is that we're not doing this because we're mean, we're doing this because we are trying to minimize risks. Our clients are with us because we offer a stable service and it's because we'd rather earn less money by taking less risks than to be posting announcements about outages all the time while collecting a fat paycheck.

It's their own fault for not overthrowing their government.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @deank said:

Let's not open that discussion here.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

And for the people saying that we're not earning as much money as we could be for not accepting every client that orders from us, do you know how nice my bank account would look right now if I didn't have morals and didn't care about my clients? We get offers from people willing to pay us more per month than our top 20 clients combined if they can just "send some e-mails no questions asked" from some of our IPs... if all we cared about was money you'd never see me on here except when people tagged me because their $10/year VPS's IP was blacklisted by Spamhaus and I'd just reply with a picture of me at one of my vacation homes.

Thanked by 2vimalware colingpt
  • @deank said:
    Is there any solid proof that Bandwagon and Virmach earned "a lot"?

What's "a lot" in lowend terms? 70 dollars?

Bandwagon's 11.11 package nearly become a spam flushed all Chinese forums, as much as I know, at least 200+ customers bought a BWH's $29.9 package according to Affman's show off thread.

edited November 2018

That's hardly a lot if a company is in first world nation, given the profit margin.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

deank said: given the profit margin.

$0.77 in total would be my guess.

• AnthonySmith is in serious trouble:
    He refuses orders from China. Chinese people are upset.

My $7 advice to AnthonySmith:
    Apologize to Chinese people on their national television and offer them free VPS for life, before it escalated into a diplomatic dispute.

Beijing demands apology after UK Conservative Party kicked out a Chinese journalist who slapped a party volunteer
    China accuses Sweden of violating human rights over treatment of tourists

edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    $0.77 in total would be my guess.

Well, I'd be shocked if their profit margin is bigger than a dollar, aye. Few forced chargebacks and it's mostly gone.

Chinese are gonna be the new french at this rate, the king of self-entitled asses.

• @deank said:

@shallownorthdakota said:
    Like the Chinese aren't guilty of racism themselves. It's not just Whites and Blacks but other Asians as well. Unfortunately the rest of Asia isn't much better. I've lived, worked and traveled there enough to say this with ABSOLUTE certainty.

From what I've seen, Japanese look down on every other asian sub-races. Koreans look down on Chinese and Chinese look down on everyone else but whites.

Lots of Chinese people also look down whites in China because they cheat. Even a homeless from Euro can pretend to be a success businessman and attract lots of Chinese girls. Of course there's our responsibility, most of people in China think white people are 'rich' unless we went abroad and see ourselves.

edited November 2018

@lowendclient said:

Lots of Chinese people also look down whites in China because they cheat.

Oh, the irony.

• What a freak show this thread is...

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @lowendclient said:

@FR_Michael said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Soon there will be many Barack Obamas and Justin Biebers trying to order $15/yr VPS.

Got one today: city san diego, country germany, ip from hong kong and phone number from switzerland. Asked for refund after we requested verification documents.

One people I know provide his actual information to a provider in China and then arrested by the government. That's why we don't want to use actual information and use VPN as much as we can.

@deank said:

Remember, we're not talking about that.

Lovin' it. What a pointless thread.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

3606202 said: What a freak show this thread is...

yep, I should have known better.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: yep, I should have known better.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

This discussion has been closed.