Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter

Comments

• LvivLviv Member
    edited November 2018

fuck ppl if you wanna 1G upgrade get sys or ovh

I would like to thank kimsufi for a such upgrade! from atom N2800 4 Gb to i3-2130 CPU 8Gb

Thanked by 2datanoise raynor
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

We have a KS-7 Server - Intel i3 2130 - 8Go DDR3 1333 MHZ - 2TB @ RBX5 which we won't be keeping, just looking to recoup costs if anyone is interested, happy to transfer.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@aka455 said:

@ninzo59 said:

@aka455 said:

@msg7086 said:
    How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

I have a bit different question too:

How long would it take them to finally answer my billing issue question ? @ninzo59

VAT 20% recurring is not yet removed from my Non-EU account.

We have had +100 requests like this one. We do our best

Thanks @ninzo59. Waiting to be fixed to pay.

I encourage you to pay even with VAT to secure the ks-7 at flash sale price..

• Yup, better to pay while flash sale is still active and deal with VAT later.

• LvivLviv Member
    edited November 2018

thanks

• @datanoise said:

msg7086 said: How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

So far it seems like they didn't choose to follow the "online.net's way".

Yea if the 1 extra dollar for each server they increased before doesn't count.

• @msg7086 said:

From what I understood, at Online, it was more than 1 €/$ (at OVH I think that it was more than 1€/$ for high end servers), and without any added service in exchange. While at OVH, it was to improve the DDOS protection. (I am sure some will argue that there was no improvement of DDOS protection). In all events, if 1€/$ increase per month is an issue, may be time to review business plan :)

Thanked by 2datanoise raynor
  • @SteveMC said:

@msg7086 said:

From what I understood, at Online, it was more than 1 €/$ (at OVH I think that it was more than 1€/$ for high end servers), and without any added service in exchange. While at OVH, it was to improve the DDOS protection. (I am sure some will argue that there was no improvement of DDOS protection). In all events, if 1€/$ increase per month is an issue, may be time to review business plan :)

It's not about business, or business plan. Yes I understand the 1 extra dollar is supposed to provide some improvement. But still, price increase is a price increase, no matter how much.

(Yes, it's totally different than Offline who increases price frequently as hell)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • gol3mgol3m Member
    edited November 2018

SteveMC said: if 1€/$ increase per month is an issue, may be time to review business plan :)

Sometimes I think OVH should review its business plan. The servers are competitively priced and good, despite any price increases, but overall OVH has been changing a lot more than online.net where I spent years with no changes or issues before prices were raised by 75% over night.

1€ was a 25% increase for the 4€ server from 2013, which took months to deliver, and to my knowledge prices increased again later by 1€. Furthermore, IP pricing was switched from one-time to monthly and back. Besides that the web panel constantly changed, splitting and recombining OVH/KS and founding SYS, and at some point you had to post in a forum to get your KS HDD replaced, waiting 5 days for a reply, until said forum was hacked, and to this day the ex-forum members receive email spam.

One functional panel for all of OVH with constant prices (for existing customers and ideally for new orders to scale your business), constant support quality, and constant supply (always out of stock, a gazillion different server configurations) would have been nice.

• @gol3m do prices change for flash sale deals too?

• @ninzo59 said:

@aka455 said:

@ninzo59 said:

@aka455 said:

@msg7086 said:
    How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

I have a bit different question too:

How long would it take them to finally answer my billing issue question ? @ninzo59

VAT 20% recurring is not yet removed from my Non-EU account.

We have had +100 requests like this one. We do our best

Thanks @ninzo59. Waiting to be fixed to pay.

I encourage you to pay even with VAT to secure the ks-7 at flash sale price..

Do you remove it at least to know?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

aka455 said: do prices change for flash sale deals too?

Yes. I have servers from a similar sale which were initially 8.99 EUR/month, then changed to 9.99 EUR. Don't count on this price being fixed for the entire contract with OVH, despite what they say.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • PINGAPACPINGAPAC Member
    edited November 2018

@rm_ said:

aka455 said: do prices change for flash sale deals too?

Yes. I have servers from a similar sale which were initially 8.99 EUR/month, then changed to 9.99 EUR. Don't count on this price being fixed for the entire contract with OVH, despite what they say.

Which is why I have a serious gripe against OVH and their business malpractices.

With OVH it’s better to invest with low-end products which cost less than 4-5$ a month and prepay them yearly in advance.

I just “booked” an APAC VPS at 2.5$ for the next 5 years, 30$ a year/150$ until 2023 at that rate it’s a “prepay and forget” strategy.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2018

PINGAPAC said: 30$ a year/150$ until 2023 at that rate it’s a “prepay and forget” strategy.

Then let me tell you a story about OVH's VPS offer in Hong Kong. Never knew they had one? Haha. It was 10 EUR/month and had unmetered bandwidth. And then the entire lineup was discontinued. Users who still had periods prepaid on their VPS, were migrated to San Jose or such, I don't remember. Point is, prepaying for a long time doesn't secure you against anything, on the contrary that makes you more vulnerable.

Thanked by 3Xei pullangcubo raynor
  • @SteveMC said:

@MikeA said:

@yongsiklee said:
    Any way to upgrade to 1G port?

not possible at kimsufi, plus the hardware is probably only 100mbit.

On KS-7 (at least), this is: "Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection"

whish one is better. KS3c or KS-7 ? this naming confuse me.

What was in the KS3c ?

Also core i3 8gb of ram 2tb of hard Drive. Pretty much the same.

• @ninzo59 based on above comments, what you promise (recurring discounted, same price) and what actually people get after some time seems to be different.

Same situation for Online.Net too?

• PINGAPACPINGAPAC Member
    edited November 2018

@rm_ said:

PINGAPAC said: 30$ a year/150$ until 2023 at that rate it’s a “prepay and forget” strategy.

Point is, prepaying for a long time doesn't secure you against anything, on the contrary that makes you more vulnerable.

Which is why lawyers exist in the first place.

If they dare “terminate” my APAC VPS 1 SSD, I’ll sue their asses so fast, their heads are going to spin for the next 3 decades.

And yes, I’m the type of guy who shows no hesitation and no remorses filling lawsuits over 2.5$ disputes, anytime, anyplace, any day and anywhere.

CC: @OVH_APAC @ninzo59 so they are aware I don’t mess around.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Received the advertised spec in BHS, no free upgrades this time around. Got a brand new hard drive out of the deal though.

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 2

Thanked by 3Xei ehab yongsiklee
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@PINGAPAC said:

@rm_ said:

Point is, prepaying for a long time doesn't secure you against anything, on the contrary that makes you more vulnerable.

Which is why lawyers exist in the first place.

If they dare “terminate” my APAC VPS 1 SSD, I’ll sue their asses so fast, their heads are going to spin for the next 3 decades.

And yes, I’m the type of guy who shows no hesitation and no remorses filling lawsuits over 2.5$ disputes, anytime, anyplace, any day and anywhere.

CC: @OVH_APAC @ninzo59 so they are aware I don’t mess around.

• @gol3m made lots of good points and clearly explains many frustrations with OVH.

They do some things well (dedis) and they have much room for improvement (vps). I put my money at places that have consistent offerings with proper organization and structure.

Gbit offerings have been the norm for years now, their roll outs to catch up have been all too slow.

• @Xei said:
    @gol3m made lots of good points and clearly explains many frustrations with OVH.

The biggest frustration with OVH and their discovery offers and the KS brand is the complete lack of even level 1 support.

Their philosophy when it comes to support is plain wrong, tickets remain opened for undefinite time, e-mails are hardly ever responded unless you have 20+ servers with them, forums posts either are locked/deleted for no reason whatsoever and poking them on Twitter has no effect whatsoever.

OVH does 2 things right: The stability of their dirt cheap offers for one, the latter being the fact your billing info/credit card details are securely kept.

Other than that, anything else is better than OVH’s network which is filled with spambots, compromised machines and seedboxes by the dozen.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

PINGAPAC said: Which is why lawyers exist in the first place.

CC:

Good luck with your lawyers. I'm sure the users you decided to "CC" will lose their sleep tonight

PINGAPAC said: The biggest frustration with OVH and their discovery offers and the KS brand is the complete lack of even level 1 support.
    Their philosophy when it comes to support is plain wrong, tickets remain opened for undefinite time, e-mails are hardly ever responded unless you have 20+ servers with them, forums posts either are locked/deleted for no reason whatsoever and poking them on Twitter has no effect whatsoever.

That "self-entitlement" of yours on extra-cheap shit you is the reasons why some Westerners are quite wary in dealing with customers from your region in the low-end market. I'm not talking about OVH, but pretty much anyone who isn't big enough to deal with these kind of "cultural barriers" efficiently enough to operate in a region that has higher costs per default. I'm still appalled when I see an Asian opening a raging thread on LET because their service provider didn't reply to a ticket within 30 minutes on a $1 product. It seems that in your region some people are used to that kind of support no matter what.
    But hey keep poking employees on twitter and various forums, maybe with random hints you'll sue their asses as well. It will work out for sure.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

I can't reply to everyone, but your frustration is always taking into account guys.
    To come back on the main topic here, the flash sale, it will end at 3 PM today (FR timezone = GMT +1). There are still stocks in BHS, so don't hesitate too much if you want to grab one :).

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • hello @ninzo59, why my dedi (rack 54D20) sometimes offline and sometimes online unexpectedly (with following OVH monitoring ticket) ?

• What exactly advantages with Kimsufi instead others?

• @mfs said:

PINGAPAC said: Which is why lawyers exist in the first place.

CC:

Good luck with your lawyers. I'm sure the users you decided to "CC" will lose their sleep tonight

PINGAPAC said: The biggest frustration with OVH and their discovery offers and the KS brand is the complete lack of even level 1 support.

That "self-entitlement" of yours on extra-cheap shit you is the reasons why some Westerners are quite wary in dealing with customers from your region in the low-end market. I'm not talking about OVH, but pretty much anyone who isn't big enough to deal with these kind of "cultural barriers" efficiently enough to operate in a region that has higher costs per default. I'm still appalled when I see an Asian opening a raging thread on LET because their service provider didn't reply to a ticket within 30 minutes on a $1 product. It seems that in your region some people are used to that kind of support no matter what.
    But hey keep poking employees on twitter and various forums, maybe with random hints you'll sue their asses as well. It will work out for sure.

Your entire post summed up in one single word: Racist.

Good job.

• Hukin said: What exactly advantages with Kimsufi instead others?

Price
    Location(s)
    Network (some people don't like it, some people think it's pretty good)

The main cons probably is their (slow) support.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • @ariq01 said:
    hello @ninzo59, why my dedi (rack 54D20) sometimes offline and sometimes online unexpectedly (with following OVH monitoring ticket) ?

Have you opened a support ticket? If so, when?

• @gol3m said:
    Sometimes I think OVH should review its business plan.
    Furthermore, IP pricing was switched from one-time to monthly and back. Besides that the web panel constantly changed, splitting and recombining OVH/KS and founding SYS, and at some point you had to post in a forum to get your KS HDD replaced, waiting 5 days for a reply, until said forum was hacked, and to this day the ex-forum members receive email spam.

One functional panel for all of OVH with constant prices (for existing customers and ideally for new orders to scale your business), constant support quality, and constant supply (always out of stock, a gazillion different server configurations) would have been nice.

Agreed with all of this. The split of the brands, the need to create accounts at each one, then, in a near future the merge back into a single account. The 1€ increase, then the decrease of the price of the servers. All this is really annoying.
    Experimentation and testing are good, but only at some point, you can't change things all the time back and forth. At my level, this is okay, because i am very small, with only one server at a time, and keeping it for awhile, but I can easilly see the problem it can be for larger businesses. OVH needs to keep things simple and stable. I am candidate to be hired as Mr Simple and Stable at OVH :)

Thanked by 2PINGAPAC Xei
  • ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited November 2018

@PINGAPAC said:

@ariq01 said:
    hello @ninzo59, why my dedi (rack 54D20) sometimes offline and sometimes online unexpectedly (with following OVH monitoring ticket) ?

Have you opened a support ticket? If so, when?

OVH Monitoring always automatically open a ticket when my dedi offline, and notify it to their staff. But sometimes after the ticket was closed (my dedi back to online), my dedi was offline again and OVH Monitoring create automatically ticket again.

and so on. -_-
    See http://status.ovh.com/vms/index_rbx4.html, my dedi's (54D20) color is blue = offline.