Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hivelocity Has Acquired Incero - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hivelocity Has Acquired Incero

13»

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Last time I looked at incero.com as a possible vendor, they did not accept orders from Indians. This was a few years ago, is it still the case?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@leapswitch said:
    Last time I looked at incero.com as a possible vendor, they did not accept orders from Indians. This was a few years ago, is it still the case?

I believe they would be fine accepting orders from you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2018

@LTniger said:
    Hivelocity is a premium hosting provider. Holly hell if they will align Incero prices with theirs...

I like to think that I’m not special or of above average intelligence, and therefore if I see what a wasted opportunity that would be then they do as well.

Hivelocity, from my perspective, is the company run like the good old days. Fully staffed, high priced, etc. The way things were when WHT was king. Those companies have often fallen or become stagnant, many I suspect standing from just a few loyal customers that paid enough (and could pull the rug out from under them at any time). Meanwhile the companies that were lean and focused on automation thrived, and their volume growth kept them safe as well.

I don’t know what made Hivelocity stand as long as it has without a more lean approach (not implying they shouldn’t have, I just don’t know), but now they have the opportunity to continue down both of those paths, perhaps hedging their bets for a market that shifts every few years.

Having one horse in the race is fine, but having two certainly increases your chance at success.

Thanked by 1Xenos
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

Hivelocity isn't that high priced, on par with many providers and even near OVH pricing for certain line servers — obviously not the game servers or SYS, but some of the 32GB RAM E3v6's. I haven't used them in a long time, probably like 6 years and was for a short amount of time, but they've stuck in my mind since because they had great customer service that you don't get with many datacenters. It's the type of service I have only seen when people actually enjoy their job and are paid well. I'd definitely use them if I could (y'know, UDP attacks.)

• @leapswitch said:

@Hivelocity Acquire this company if you want a good foothold in Indian SMB space.

sorry Ishan, couldn't resist. I know you probably don't intend to sell. :)

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@vimalware said:

@leapswitch said:

@Hivelocity Acquire this company if you want a good foothold in Indian SMB space.

sorry Ishan, couldn't resist. I know you probably don't intend to sell. :)

Thank you Vimal, but not interested in selling :)

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Hivelocity

Congratulations. Seems like a good thing happening that also solves some "Gordon knot" although I don't know a lot of things. But it feels like a fresh breeze.

"99.999% uptime" - very interesting. Are there customers here who can confirm that?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

@leapswitch said:

I believe they would be fine accepting orders from you.

We are happy to accept orders from anyone. :)

Thanked by 1Aidan

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Hivelocity said:

@Foul said:

Hivelocity said: I appreciate all the kind words and congratulations

Hello Steve,

Congrats on the acquisition, Will previous clients that were denied to signup for service because we're a member of LET be able to signup to incero/Speedykvm?

Perhaps a Lowendtalk offer :)

Truthfully I know very little about who was banned and why, other than what one person posted a few months ago here in one little post...of which I can’t remember the details. What I recall is some of you may have rubbed Incero’s previous owner the wrong way. As far as I am concerned, that is part of doing business and unless I am missing something, probably not the way I would have handled things. I will take a closer look but my assumption is no one is going to be banned from doing business with us, unless you break the law, abuse our network or are a fraudster. Give me a few days to work through some things and a week or so to figure out some sort of special offer to introduce Hivelocity to those of you who are not familiar.

Now I miss my speedykvm box that I cancelled thanks to Gordon. Any chances that I could get the old promo back?

I don’t see why not. Happy to check on it for you.

• Been with Incero a short while and had the pleasure of meeting with a "decent" Gordon.
    Honestly, after the months of reading I did on LET, WHT and review's, I was a bit worried about Gordon but confident Incero would provide the service I was after.
    I trawled through their TOS and found no mention of the LET ban any more and after further due diligence, I took the plunge to purchased a server.
    Beforehand, I wanted to be sure of the cost of /48 IPv6 and extra IPv4 subnets and ran into no other than Gordon initially. :scream:
    To my surprise, the guy was fantastic and extremely helpful. He not only threw the /48 IPv6 in free but a huge IPv4 subnet also for the price of only the server.
    My short encounter with Gordon was a pleasurable one and I wish him the best going forward.
    Eventually ran into @ryanarp and little has to be said about his quality of service.

I understand this community and forum members have had their issue's with Gordon and Incero, but myself, company and staff have had nothing but good vibes from everyone there.

For me, nothing need's to be improved, so here's to hoping @Hivelocity keep up the level of service experienced thus far from Gordon and his team.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@HostDoc said:
    Been with Incero a short while and had the pleasure of meeting with a "decent" Gordon.
    Honestly, after the months of reading I did on LET, WHT and review's, I was a bit worried about Gordon but confident Incero would provide the service I was after.
    I trawled through their TOS and found no mention of the LET ban any more and after further due diligence, I took the plunge to purchased a server.
    Beforehand, I wanted to be sure of the cost of /48 IPv6 and extra IPv4 subnets and ran into no other than Gordon initially. :scream:
    To my surprise, the guy was fantastic and extremely helpful. He not only threw the /48 IPv6 in free but a huge IPv4 subnet also for the price of only the server.
    My short encounter with Gordon was a pleasurable one and I wish him the best going forward.
    Eventually ran into @ryanarp and little has to be said about his quality of service.

I understand this community and forum members have had their issue's with Gordon and Incero, but myself, company and staff have had nothing but good vibes from everyone there.

For me, nothing need's to be improved, so here's to hoping @Hivelocity keep up the level of service experienced thus far from Gordon and his team.

Humbly and with respect to Incero, our goal and expectation is to improve upon the service you are accustomed to. I suggest you look through posts on the typical forums and our social media that were in direct reaction to our announcement you will find numerous examples of people boasting about our level of service...and at least one having left Incero for Hivelocity years ago because we offered "better support" (look for that one posted last night to our Twitter @Hivelocity). We employ close to 100 people, most of which are technicians and engineers, who work on-prem 24/7/365. We boast a Net Promoter Score above 80 which is through the roof. We acquired a company called RackAlley last September and you will not find one thread complaining about a lousy transition or drop off in service...because it was an awesome transition. Give us a little bit of time and I promise you the Hivelocity experience will exceed your expectations. As mentioned before, Ryan continues to work for us in Dallas and will remain in that position for as long as he wants it. For the short time I have known him, I am thoroughly impressed and see why he is beloved around here.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I trust hivevelocity more . as long as Ryan is the top man , it is in good hand . Nobody here hated Ryan except the weird thing he had to do on instructions of Gordon .

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hostdare said:
    I trust hivevelocity more . as long as Ryan is the top man , it is in good hand . Nobody here hated Ryan except the weird thing he had to do on instructions of Gordon .

Cue the conspiracy theories that hostballs is owned by hivelocity now? Don’t let me down bro.

• jar said: hostballs is owned by hivelocity now?

wow, didn't know that! :-D :-D :-D

Thanked by 1jar
  • Just got a call from Rick @Hivelocity. Had a nice 1 min conversation with him. Nice to have the personal touch 👍🏻

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

jar said: hostballs is owned by hivelocity now

Thanked by 3eol Aidan jar
  • @hostdare said:

jar said: hostballs is owned by hivelocity now

Wait, they acquired Chris, too?

• @Falzo said:

jar said: hostballs is owned by hivelocity now?

wow, didn't know that! :-D :-D :-D

Great! Premium board!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Make Wable great again

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Congratulations for the acquisition!
    I have the feeling that things can only improve in Hivelocity's hands, as they're a very good and stable company :)

• @HackedServer said:
    Make Wable great again

"A credit or debit card is required to use Wable. A $7,900 joining fee will be charged, we will refund this fee on request if you spend $15,000+ with us within 3 months."

• @HackedServer said:
    Make Wable great again

Lol. My account closed (I suspect as many other) because I wont pay the increased fee.

• @vovler said:

@HackedServer said:
    Make Wable great again

"A credit or debit card is required to use Wable. A $7,900 joining fee will be charged, we will refund this fee on request if you spend $15,000+ with us within 3 months."

That’s fantastic. Quite the turnaround from its original state.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

@vovler said:

@HackedServer said:
    Make Wable great again

At moment we are only taking care of current Wable customers, we closed down sign ups due to legacy OpenVZ 6 EOL and lack of interest in dev time for OpenVZ 7. Maybe it will eventually get a reboot with KVM.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Interesting how Gordon deleted his Linkedin after the sale: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-p-a66796102/

Congrats on getting out of the market my friend, your banter will be missed.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@RobertClarke said:
    Interesting how Gordon deleted his Linkedin after the sale: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-p-a66796102/

To be honest given the size of incero he probably won't need to work for a few years now, so no need for LinkedIn.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:

@Hivelocity said:

@MikePT said:
    Steve! Congratulations @Hivelocity!

Really happy for this!

@MikePT said:
    Steve! Congratulations @Hivelocity!

Really happy for this!

Thank you Mike. We are thrilled to make the announcement and to be in Dallas. This time last year we had just completed another acquisition so it is awesome to be doing another one just a year later.

Indeed. And its worth. Incero's network is pretty amazing. And hardware as well. And Ryan.

Looks like I will be checking the offers. Will you guys continue offering the autoservers?

First, I am very happy you think the Incero network is pretty amazing. We only intend to improve upon it with the addition of more carriers, privately connecting it to our other data centers for peering and adding on-prem data packet scrubbing via Corero devices i.e. enterprise DDoS protection.

Lastly, Hivelocity has offered auto-deploy dedicated servers for several years (windows and linux). Our acquisition of Incero will only take us further down that path and lead to us expanding our instant deploy configuration offerings.

Thanked by 3MikePT eva2000 Ndha
  • @RobertClarke said:

He will be missed here as much as your periodic appearances. So not at all.

Thanked by 1RobertClarke
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Hivelocity said: adding on-prem data packet scrubbing via Corero devices

Interesting. Corero DDOS protection @ Incero prices (hopefully :P) would make one hell of a nice location for game servers :)

• @3606202 said:

@RobertClarke said:

He will be missed here as much as your periodic appearances. So not at all.

BURN

Thanked by 2RobertClarke eol