Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acceptable response time to a help ticket - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Acceptable response time to a help ticket

2»

Comments

• everyone's trolling that says more than 24 hour.
    however; if you bought a black friday "special" or "zero support" or "no sla" or "best effort"; a week is not unheard of to deadpool.

• Well yeah if you don't hear anything within 24hrs it's time to switch anyway.

• @deank said:
    A common trend (problem) I see is that they consider weekends as business days.

Whilst I don't expect a reply to a low severity issue or billing issue over the weekend I'd expect there to be someone available should the excrement hit the fan

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Again, depends on the level of service expected. If you pay a higher price, you expect a higher level of service, including weekends (especially for hardware failures, etc).

Saying that, some of the providers here on LET seem very good at responding, even if it's just a "we've seen your ticket and will sort something" response - goes a long way.

If I knew I wanted a custom ISO, I'd go with a provider that allows custom ISO uploads though, rather than having to ticket it.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    ... even if it's just a "we've seen your ticket and will sort something" response - goes a long way.

Agreed.

• @Mr_Tom said:

Saying that, some of the providers here on LET seem very good at responding,

Some of the worst providers have the best public personas here and on LEB.

• Nobody likes waiting too long, but they are human too.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

donli said: Some of the worst providers have the best public personas here and on LEB

I meant responding to actual tickets, not just forum replies :)

• zafouhar said: I would give them at minimum 10 days... if you can't be patient hit the cancel button and you'll make a favor to the provider.

I think 10 days is too long, the provider should be able to handle the services they have sold. Long time no response means oversold.

• @liujason said:

zafouhar said: I would give them at minimum 10 days... if you can't be patient hit the cancel button and you'll make a favor to the provider.

I think 10 days is too long, the provider should be able to handle the services they have sold. Long time no response means oversold.

Yes, 10 days is to long. Usually you have to have a solution within a day, but some time bad things happens and you cannot have a solution within a day. This should be the exception not the rule.

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited November 2018

In general it should be < 24h (not counting sundays) under normal circumstances, and if it isn't an emergency.
    24-48h is okay if it is a very minor issue/question with the lowest priority. If its longer than that all the time, the host must be dirt-cheap to make up for it.
    Emergencies (server down, DDoS etc.) should be handled ASAP, depending on the SLA and price that both parties obviously agreed on.

In China its ~5 minutes if you pay less than ~10$/year, or ~1 minute if you are a big premium VIP customer and pay more than that.

SCNR
    BUTCONVINCEMEITISNTTRUE ;-)

• With low end prices you can expect a relatively slow response time, you get what you pay for like in anything else really. but I really think about 24 hours would be acceptable unless you are paying for support services or managed services in that case it better be almost immediate

• It depends on the question........................................................................

Regardless of budget.

• Sales/billing 24-48 hours if its not service impacting like a payment thing.

Support, depending on what you pay for, because you can't really expect a provider to give you premium support on $7-15/year services. Even if a provider sells 500 - 1000. It's pretty common with some low end providers that you might get a 3-5 or 7 day response time then you reach out to them on LET. It happens.

But if everything you're doing depends on a support response, definitely look at your better options with a better budget. There are providers who respond within 5 - 10 minutes to your ticket and have under 3-4 hour resolutions on issue but those providers aren't doing Black Friday sales on here.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2018

Seriously I give 24hrs if is it not a weekend.

If I send it on a Friday I will wait until Monday. It goes without saying that I go by the hosts timezone not my own. Sometimes they can be different.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I had an issue with my VPS (from a prominent provider here in LET) being unreachable so I opened a support ticket. Three days later, my VPS came to life and everything is finally working ok.

However, it's already been 2 weeks and the ticket I opened still has no reply in spite of my VPS issue being resolved already. I honestly don't know how to feel with the provider's support performance. :lol:

• 2 weeks is perfectly fine depending on your budget.

• bigpowerhostbigpowerhost Member
    edited December 2018

We try to respond within a few minutes but not more then 30 minutes depending on what the issue is.