Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Refund? Language barrier? Culture difference? Let's make this example--Hostsolution and me - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Refund? Language barrier? Culture difference? Let's make this example--Hostsolution and me

Comments

• @cociu said:

LazyMike said: LazyMike

I have replace one vps wich is up and running , can you confirm this ?

What is your problem then ? you need a refund ? glad to make it ...

About Hostsolutions.ro yes we are a mess in this priod due of this period . Last month we have change the location fisically and this was caused many problems but we are try to be back to normal.

You could have been quite busy but 2 months for a ticket reply.. is not an excuse

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

But what is the, I mean, I just have none.

• huangyuyuhuangyuyu Member
    edited November 2018

@desfire said:

@cociu said:

LazyMike said: LazyMike

I have replace one vps wich is up and running , can you confirm this ?

What is your problem then ? you need a refund ? glad to make it ...

About Hostsolutions.ro yes we are a mess in this priod due of this period . Last month we have change the location fisically and this was caused many problems but we are try to be back to normal.

You could have been quite busy but 2 months for a ticket reply.. is not an excuse

No, may have misunderstood what I meant. I got a few responses during the two months, but the problem was not solved. . .

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2018

jar said: 0/10 on drama

The thread will take care of that for you

OP, it's the LowEnd paradox. You get cheap hosting but the saved monetary cost is absorbed by additional time. Half of the hosts you hear of around here will in the long term either disappear or suck up time, be it email spam, one man closing down, ip renumbering, stories of growth, selling of company.

Anyways that's a bit OT. My point is there's not much point in 'morally right' with low end hosting as you're not going to sue, others will blindly buy into cheap hosting, and generally nothing gets solved. A lot of the low end hosts also have wafer thin patience with customers because of fraud or problematic customers (who are paying little cash in return)... etc

One thing that is more certain, it helps when the customer and supplier are able to communicate clearly in the same language. Maybe some hosts already have seen the niche and hired customer support that can speak Chinese...

Thanked by 1jar
  • I miss the rains..

• @KuJoe said:
    Looks like you made a lot of bad decisions. They tried offering you a refund multiple times and you DECLINED?! Then they offered you another refund as credit or via PayPal and you settled for account credit?! Then you changed your mind and want it refunded via PayPal a week later?! Then after they did every single thing you asked them even after the multiple threats you made you go and open a PayPal dispute?! I really hope they use FraudRecord because regardless of your tone in the tickets, you're abusing this host.

yeap, i did plenties of bad decision.

"They tried offering you a refund multiple times and you DECLINED?! Then they offered you another refund as credit or via PayPal and you settled for account credit"

multiple time? you really read the tkt content? --only one time. in seller's reply, he said his excuse and what my bad desicion is choosing to trust and given him time to solve, is it not a respect to seller? i really dont get you. for you, as a provider, Do you wanna your customer directly request refund without understanding? it's weird to see when a customer switch his position to the seller's, trying to understand seller's situation and get blamed. so you mean, DONT trust you when you are in some kind of trouble???

"Then you changed your mind and want it refunded via PayPal a week later?! "

About changing mind, that's motion control failed. How could you freeze your angry when you got no service when you paid it? for example, You paid a premium membership in costco or something but the store closed.
    for request refund a week later? pls check seller's reply time when i ask refund the second time? I got no answer for the server error in a week, so i raise a new ticket to ask refund. another reason is i try to understand seller is not only serving me, I tried to give response time to him.

"Then after they did every single thing you asked them even after the multiple threats you made you go and open a PayPal dispute?!"

every single thing but none of them is effective. Sry to say, I only have one problem, my server suddenly went dead without any my active action. Should i find why my server is dead and why it cannot be reinstalled?? I paid the service, 2Months/3months, the server is dead.

About plenties of tickets: check the period of the ticket history. I opened 8 tickets in past two months, two tkts opened wrong and directly closed in 1 mins, 6 of them showed in this discussion. pls check how many time the seller replied, and pls check the content i said, why i was saying the same problem. -- for unsolved problem. How could i Know the server cant be reinstalled???

About my tone: I dont get it. i wish you do better.

Wish your business well. Will never surfing a single wave? you hope so.

again, ABOUT DISPUTE, I NEVER DID IT BEFORE AND STILL NOT DOING IT. DONT ARGUE ME FOR THAT, IT'S UNACCEPTABLE.

Thanked by 2easy iKeyZ
  • Its often easier to hire Chinese translators or find some ESL interns from China to clearly communicate to them rather than trying to fight them, block them and ultimately continue to misunderstand the largest client base in the world. Yes I've dealt with some of the worse, even having "you don't understand you redneck" screamed at me on the phone by the Chinese, and pretty much all the bumps with communication were smoothed out once native Chinese speakers were brought into the operation.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • How long does it take you to write this comment? Is it really worth it?

• @Kiwi83 said:

everyone wanna stay away from trouble. few profit&much more works is not you want; give the money&be a idiot is not my choice. let's do more switch from seller&customer, Assuming you are well-educated, i think you could understand.

It seems that having a master's degree isn't enough to understand you.

If I get banned for not having a doctor's degree,

well, let it banned.

"everyone wanna stay away from trouble. few profit&much more works is not you want; give the money&be a idiot is not my choice. let's do more switch from seller&customer, Assuming you are well-educated, i think you could understand."

emmm..didnt have second thought when i m done this.
    i tried to say to seller: stop arguing your customers when you are taking their money, at least, be smart, dont speak out.
    to customer: dont be stupid one
    to both: give each other more understanding ( which i tried but failed.)
    to you: sry for misunderstanding.

"well, let it banned."
    ignore it, it's like my whisper, cos i feel i m starting mouth fight when i finished typing.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    All this does is confirm hostsolutions are hostsolutions and that not doing business in the hosting industry with China is the right decision.

10% of the customers = 90% of the work.

I remember that 2/8 theory? emmm, upvote. that's the point. 10% ruin 90%, which is sad.

@AnthonySmith said:

Jarry said: I checked those screenshots and there is not much (if anything) wrong on OP side.

I got this far and read no further, ridiculous, if threats of fraud and public ridicule to get your own way are fine with you, we will never have a meeting of minds so I will just agree to disagree.

what do you mean threats of fraud and public ridicule? example?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

LazyMike said: what do you mean threats of fraud and public ridicule? example?

Hey, they are your ticket screenshots, if you do not see that then that is a big part of the problem and essentially making my point.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • What done is done.

I think it's better for OP to refine his request to provider and all can be done...

• @jsg said:
    I think we should create a LET HostSolutions template to make things simpler.

What's needed?

• stuff not working or having problems repeatedly or over some significant period of time (auto-checked)
    • ticket response time the higher the closer things get to actually doing something to resolve problem
    • "tomorrow will work", "next week. Promised", "put you on other/new node"
    • In summary days or even weeks bad or no service.

On the other hand it's of course everyones personal decision to accept lots of trouble, bad service, and delayed ticket response for saving some bucks per year. The existence and even growth (from what I hear) of HostSolutions clearly demonstrate that there is a large pool of customers who accept and want a "low $ - poor service + lots of empty promises" deal. If only they stopped to complain here about getting what they themselves wanted and chose to get and pay for.

HostSolution might be a extrme example, i wont say most refund came from mechant side, especially dealing with some chinese customers. what i hate to see is, seller cant blame all.

I did have some wrong thought on Lowend service, but i m correcting it which i tried to give lowend service provider more time to adjust their product, but I cant agree with there is no right to request the basic service customer desired. from my example, i am not asking additional service. (from my view, remind me if i m wrong,thx)

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Enough is enough you are getting your money back.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited November 2018

Lack of response from support isn't just exclusive to Chinese customers. Going 5 days on an open ticket myself. Opened a ticket with a real basic control panel issue on their end that impacts my service and haven't bumped it once. No response. That tells me time to go.

• @LazyMike said:

@Kiwi83 said:

everyone wanna stay away from trouble. few profit&much more works is not you want; give the money&be a idiot is not my choice. let's do more switch from seller&customer, Assuming you are well-educated, i think you could understand.

It seems that having a master's degree isn't enough to understand you.

If I get banned for not having a doctor's degree,

well, let it banned.

"everyone wanna stay away from trouble. few profit&much more works is not you want; give the money&be a idiot is not my choice. let's do more switch from seller&customer, Assuming you are well-educated, i think you could understand."

emmm..didnt have second thought when i m done this.
    i tried to say to seller: stop arguing your customers when you are taking their money, at least, be smart, dont speak out.
    to customer: dont be stupid one
    to both: give each other more understanding ( which i tried but failed.)
    to you: sry for misunderstanding.

"well, let it banned."
    ignore it, it's like my whisper, cos i feel i m starting mouth fight when i finished typing.

What are you trying to say doesn't really matter to me. I'm not spending time trying figured it out. I suggest you just move on and stop writing 1000+ word essay. It simply isn't worth it. Save your time and energy for your girlfriend.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Jesus christ, that was boring to read.

• @psb777 said:

AnthonySmith said: and that not doing business in the hosting industry with China is the right decision.

Then why did you stop standing by "the right decision" and start taking orders from China?

They start taking orders from China for a short period and soon they regretted and step back.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yeah, I didn't read it and just skimmed real fast.

Client was annoying as hell in the tickets although that doesn't excuse for the slow response. But then, if anyone did any research, he'd know that.

• @JohnMiller92 said:
    Wait.. you said the refund for credit would be fine. Then 5 days later ask "what if I change my mind and want it on my paypal?" You said that was " 2 days ago ", it was 5 (November 11th to the 16th).

Something is not adding up. Are you not showing us other ticket logs by chance?

Hey dude..you should be bad boy when in reading class LMAO

first, I thought, if the seller showed up in ticket and willing to solve the error, it's fine with credit, I m willing to stick with him when he is making effort.

However, the problem is unsolved, no service desired to pay. then what can i do with the credits? you got me?

allthing are showed up. I promised. Wait, you mean all ticket i rasied? 2 tickets didnt post cos I DIRECTLY CLOSED in 1 mins. cos opened them by wrong. that's all the situation.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member
    edited November 2018

@LazyMike said:

@JohnMiller92 said:
    Wait.. you said the refund for credit would be fine. Then 5 days later ask "what if I change my mind and want it on my paypal?" You said that was " 2 days ago ", it was 5 (November 11th to the 16th).

Something is not adding up. Are you not showing us other ticket logs by chance?

Hey dude..you should be bad boy when in reading class LMAO

first, I thought, if the seller showed up in ticket and willing to solve the error, it's fine with credit, I m willing to stick with him when he is making effort.

However, the problem is unsolved, no service desired to pay. then what can i do with the credits? you got me?

allthing are showed up. I promised. Wait, you mean all ticket i rasied? 2 tickets didnt post cos I DIRECTLY CLOSED in 1 mins. cos opened them by wrong. that's all the situation.

Mind if I ask how old you are? DUDE.

• @xaoc said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    All this does is confirm hostsolutions are hostsolutions and that not doing business in the hosting industry with China is the right decision.

If i were China i wouldn`t be doing business with the UK either... And if you know your history, you know why. :P

OUT OF RANGE, be rational.

@AnthonySmith it's your right to decide who you are dealing with.

before i replied you last one, I didnt recognize your "10% of the customers" are talking about all chinese, you missed some thoughts you might need. wish you success. not a curse.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Damn, another PMS.

• @jar said:
    I read the tickets.

Nobody was rude, rough situations, both parties acted maturely. 0/10 on drama.

hmmmm....your loss, turn on TV and switch to channel balabala..LMAO

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

LazyMike said: However, the problem is unsolved, no service desired to pay. then what can i do with the credits? you got me?

That's a good question, you tell me! You are the one who first agreed with the credit refund lol.

Thanked by 1LuBinghua
  • LazyMikeLazyMike Member
    edited November 2018

JohnMiller92 said: I think he originally said a credit balance was fine. Of which you gave him that as a refund (s/s #4). Now, he wants a full refund to his paypal account. (From what I understand)

@JohnMiller92 originally, i thought credit is ok cos i was digging the possibility to stick with HostSolution. Cos I really hate refund thing which is neither good for each.
    requesting refund: there is no service,where can i pay to with those credits?
    I asked full refund? emm, good argue, I dont remember, I was controled by motion.
    well, if i get full, it's nice, if i get partial, that's acceptable. i used the service for 20 days in 3 months.

BTW: if you really wanna do a math game, in ticket, seller offer me compensation, Do i misunderstand "compensation" word? I lost 2 months service and consumed time, he offer 1 month free charge as compensation? let's make simple, -2+1=compensation?

Why I didnt see this comment from you? deleted?

guys,Dont delete your point, I wont avoid every single arguement to me, cos i m confusing.

Everyone got his attitude on one special thing, I accept. If the argue came from my grammar, I will try to explain. if there are nothing to explain, sry for our gap.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

@LazyMike said:

JohnMiller92 said: I think he originally said a credit balance was fine. Of which you gave him that as a refund (s/s #4). Now, he wants a full refund to his paypal account. (From what I understand)

@JohnMiller92 originally, i thought credit is ok cos i was digging the possibility to stick with HostSolution. Cos I really hate refund thing which is neither good for each.
    requesting refund: there is no service,where can i pay to with those credits?
    I asked full refund? emm, good argue, I dont remember, I was controled by motion.
    well, if i get full, it's nice, if i get partial, that's acceptable. i used the service for 20 days in 3 months.

Yes, that is understandable. Host has said in this thread he'll offer you a Paypal refund no problem. I'd say do something like that and move on, and never buy hosting again. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes. Good luck!

Why I didnt see this comment from you? deleted?

Am not sure. I have not deleted anything

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2018

As a business trust is a major currency.

I don't care too much whether any provider does or does not accept chinese customers, whether he is in Romania, Canada, Malaysia or ..., whether his English is mediocre or good, and quite many other factors.

I also understand that support is one of the typical corners where cheap providers cut costs, and, as it came up recently, I also understand that a provider doesn't advertise his weaknesses (or his stepping back from some big words).

In the end hosting is just a market and like every market there are diverse players including cheap ones. I call that variety and like it.

But: The basis must not be completely flakey and wobbly. "Everything is working" must be the rule and the normal case. A cheap provider having some more problems than one with more income per sold unit is OK. But a provider with lots of problems and a support that is so poor that lots of his customers complain here and open threads is not OK.

I also see no logic and consistence. From what I see here, sometimes HostSolutions support has longer runs of back and forth communication while sometimes, maybe even at the same time, other customers have to wait for days for a response, any response.

Plus, again: trust is a major currency in business. From what I have heard HostSolutions should rename themselves to "WorthlessHostingPromises". That eternal promise loop with basically the same promise again and again ("Tomorrow/next weekend/in some days everything will work!") is a strong hint that something is very wrong and that HostSolutions should be avoided.

At the end of the day hosting is about getting a service - not about a "will it work tomorrow?" lottery and not about a "will the customer get a response within 3 days?" lottery. And, sorry for being frank, it's also not about ever new reasons why there are problems.

• LazyMikeLazyMike Member
    edited November 2018

@jsg said:
    As a business trust is a major currency.

I don't care too much whether any provider does or does not accept chinese customers, whether he is in Romania, Canada, Malaysia or ..., whether his English is mediocre or good, and quite many other factors.

I also understand that support is one of the typical corners where cheap providers cut costs, and, as it came up recently, I also understand that a provider doesn't advertise his weaknesses (or his stepping back from some big words).

In the end hosting is just a market and like every market there are diverse players including cheap ones. I call that variety and like it.

But: The basis must not be completely flakey and wobbly. "Everything is working" must be the rule and the normal case. A cheap provider having some more problems than one with more income per sold unit is OK. But a provider with lots of problems and a support that is so poor that lots of his customers complain here and open threads is not OK.

I also see no logic and consistence. From what I see here, sometimes HostSolutions support has longer runs of back and forth communication while sometimes, maybe even at the same time, other customers have to wait for days for a response, any response.

Plus, again: trust is a major currency in business. From what I have heard HostSolutions should rename themselves to "WorthlessHostingPromises". That eternal promise loop with basically the same promise again and again ("Tomorrow/next weekend/in some days everything will work!") is a strong hint that something is very wrong and that HostSolutions should be avoided.

At the end of the day hosting is about getting a service - not about a "will it work tomorrow?" lottery and not about a "will the customer get a response within 3 days?" lottery. And, sorry for being frank, it's also not about ever new reasons why there are problems.

there is no highlight button for you. brilliant thoughts.

which i confused, I experienced many situation in china, and i m getting a business master degree in U.S., i studied many cases and also got a chance to Europe to a exchange program last year. from what i saw, Trust&Understanding is a basic thing in small business. strategy could be push down a little bit. i just dont get it, why this area is so different? somehow, VPS is just my hobbit in past half year, I might missed something.

Good customer support is great improvement for their business. expect complain customers, they could do better, save time to support area. with good support, even your product is not so perfect, you got chance.

about cost of customer support, i wannna cite walmart as example, even people around me hate it so much. such low wage for a fulltime job, i wonder how it cost for a parttime and 1-2 hrs off-office work?

most of arguement came from Host, They misunderstood my purpose, it's kind of disscusion in my second part. i mean, thoughts about business, even i know it's not my shxt.

Anyway, thank you for your comments.

• @JohnMiller92 said:

LazyMike said: However, the problem is unsolved, no service desired to pay. then what can i do with the credits? you got me?

That's a good question, you tell me! You are the one who first agreed with the credit refund lol.

damn..definitely i m the naive one. i thought trust is the basic thing to do small business.