Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 277
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @FAT32 said:

@dTQzBen8 said:
    I'm not sure if I find the entrance to 90% flash deal off code. And I can't understand its writing.

Maybe I should focus on others.

But it is no longer working now :( Unless @VirMach decided to extend it somewhere else haha

OK then, although I didn't get it on time, but I learn something.

So how many egg still working? 4?

• Darn all 3 of my $1/year LEB shared hosts are bailing.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @TheWizard said:

BTW, just very curious: How many post have you "edited" today? Since they were at different times, I'm guessing it wasn't a big SQL insert at the forum's database. So, was it some sort of client side script? It cannot have been manual, please tell me it wasn't!!

Should be a client script because modify database directly is DANGEROUS. Only do it at worst case scenario. Also each edit time is different, while modify database result in same time.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

@TheWizard said:

I wrote a script but somehow it just doesn't work when I try to run it. Due to time constraint (I only got the confirmation at about 17 hours ago, first egg was released 16 hours ago) I decided to manually edit them one by one, yes you heard that right I am crazy.

Yes I wish that too, despite the eggs were not properly planned, I have to thank @VirMach for willing to still prepare some of them in his very busy schedule. I usually only get replies from VirMach after 12-24 hours, so it is very hard to plan/sync that properly. I pushed hard on VirMach also because I really liked last year's experience, except I am not the one hunting deals.

Anyway, thanks for participating in finding the easter eggs, I hope you guys enjoyed it!

• @dTQzBen8 said:

Should be a client script because modify database directly is DANGEROUS. Only do it at worst case scenario.

Yes I guess pretty much everyone knows that here, but when certain time constraints hit, and you know your way around SQL, and the schema, it's not IMPOSSIBLY dangerous... Depending on the privileges of the person running it, a badly written script could very well get out of hand and be very DANGEROUS as well...

@dTQzBen8 said:

Also each edit time is different, while modify database result in same time.

Yes, that was what I was saying...

• After trying several fire combination still no luck. Maybe it's fine to have a rest now or my body caught fire.

• So... I did miss something.

Since VirMach said flash deals might still ongoing... at random time, I will not reveal anything about the eggs

Thanked by 3dTQzBen8 uptime FrankZ
  • @imok said:
    So... I did miss something.

Lots.

• I just want to sleep :(

• @FAT32 said:
    Since VirMach said flash deals might still ongoing... at random time, I will not reveal anything about the eggs

Damn I knew it. Start puzzling.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 was the Buffalo made exclusively for your VirMach page?

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

I decided to manually edit them one by one, yes you heard that right I am crazy.

Ouch indeed! Well, one does not get to be Deal Compiler Extraordinaire by luck it seems! You must have some nasty keyboard/mouse skills/speed! :)

Yes I wish that too, despite the eggs were not properly planned, I have to thank @VirMach for willing to still prepare some of them in his very busy schedule. I usually only get replies from VirMach after 12-24 hours, so it is very hard to plan/sync that properly. I pushed hard on VirMach also because I really liked last year's experience, except I am not the one hunting deals.

Yes, that's pretty close to what I guessed.. Well, thank you both of course! Virmach is the host in this whole thing anyway...

Anyway, thanks for participating in finding the easter eggs, I hope you guys enjoyed it!

I definitely did... Just wish I didn't have to be away from computer all those hours that I could have gone after the eggs! :)

Thanked by 1FAT32

@imok said:
    FAT32 was the Buffalo made exclusively for your VirMach page?

Nope. Frankly that seems to be a grey area, hope it is "Creative Commons license"

Thanked by 1imok
  • I had just toast for breakfast, as the only eggs I could find were already bad :disappointed:

edited December 2019

That's why I hate some of the Chinese. It just makes me so angry.

"大家约个时间集体PP争议,这样就是集体事件,很容易获得退款。
    有空TM的装B调侃各种浪,没空处理一下这么简单的事。
    垃圾到家。
    f.u.c.k virmach 's boss(if Chinese ,f.u.c.k ur mom) and garbage products."

Translation: "Let's find a time and chargeback together, this will increase the chance of getting back the refund. There's time to generate those useless deals but no time to process a simple change of email. This company is rubbish."

Who do you think you are? Why should a company like VirMach handle your bad attitude? Rule by rule, simple. Those deals are limited / flash for a reason, do you really think your money can even cover the support cost? Smh.

Edit: He also created lots of fake news about VirMach.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • "change of email" aka "I sold this account"

• What are they mad about?

@randomq said:
    "change of email" aka "I sold this account"

Exactly.

@donli said:
    What are they mad about?

Not being able to change email of their VirMach account on time, in fact I believe it is just because he can't sell his account on time.

• @FAT32 said:

@donli said:
    What are they mad about?

Not being able to change email of their VirMach account on time, in fact I believe it is just because he can't sell his account on time.

"Simple change of Email" = account sold for profit?

Thanked by 1FAT32

@donli said:
    "Simple change of Email" = account sold for profit?

Yes. Why else would you change email at this time?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2019

Thank you @FAT32 @VirMach and all the LET members involved in keeping this thread going, it was a fun week for me. Sometimes the best things in life are simple/silly pleasures.

• Page 167.

• OK I had to stop paging comments and find eggs, searched over 20 pages and found nothing.

I shall leave and take a walk. See all you later at page 200. :wink:

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

FAT32 said: Yes. Why else would you change email at this time?

maybe they just forgot the password for their old email account and had to get a new one? :neutral:

• 168 tonight ?

• @ben47955 said:
    168 tonight ?

We can do it.

• donli said: We can do it.

Yes we can...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

Thanked by 2FrankZ uptime