Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 219
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• 16 weeks until black friday

• @ben47955 said:
    This thread is dying.

It's not dead yet...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • 16 weeks to go ?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • 111 days until black friday

6737 days until the end of time

Thanked by 1ben47955
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Hi.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Hello @FAT32.

I see that we're all (?) still here.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited August 2019

FAT32 said: People actually buy VirMach VPS for anything else other than idle? :O

I bought one more lately - strictly 'not to idle', dedicated to something. They told my disk usage is too high :F

But they were cool about that - first gently shut down machine and ticket that I am using too much and then we talked for some time "It is better now?", etc. No "YOU SUSPENED GTFO" or "ALL DATA GONE, GET LOST" or "PAY 100$ EXTRA MATE, YOU OVER ToS LIMITS".

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • @JabJab and the gentle giant ...

I hope I am happy

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @FAT32 said:
    I hope I am happy

Be the happy you hope for.

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime

We are almost there :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Yes

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Wow... I forgot about this thread for a few weeks till just now. My sincerest apologies to all.

I will sacrifice a buffalo bull in the name of the almighty VirMach to atone for such impiety.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Is money ready for everyone ?

• Keep spirit high

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I wish my wallet was ready. It will never be ready for VirMach stuff.
    However total lack of activity here for @VirMach could mean only 'basic' offers this year? :(

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • JabJab said: However total lack of activity here for @VirMach could mean only 'basic' offers this year?

mmmm I wouldn't read too much into @VirMach maybe having better things to do at the moment ...?

I'm guessing they are busy breeding a super-buffaloe or something

or just hunkered down in their fortress of solitude - scheming, plotting, and ... devising.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Any review on the Virmach storage plan ?

• @ben47955 the deep discount ("no ticket half price special") one I got last year has excellent uptime, and adequate specs - nothing special. I have 1 TB disk with 1 GB ram. Cpu is E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz. I actually did put a ticket in to suggest that the AES flag be enabled, hoping to speed up writing to LUKS encrypted disk. Support obliged - disk is still not particularly fast, roughly around 100 MB/s write speed (for my LUKS partition), sometimes a little more, sometimes less - doesn't seem to be cached or anything. Fast enough to keep up with the network in any case. Network was fine last time I checked - I haven't been exercising it much, just keeping some files in more-or-less cold storage.

tl;dr - about as expected, it's fine for storage, no surprises. Let me know if any questions?

Thanked by 1ben47955
    edited August 2019

Lazy to countdown how many days left to Black Friday 2019? Use this on your terminal instead :)

curl virmach.fat32.top

Please don't break it, it is hosted on those Buffalo :)

• uptime said: tl;dr - about as expected, it's fine for storage, no surprises. Let me know if any questions?

Thanks, no question. I was looking to replace my HS storage box as it always under DDOS.

Please try and let me know how it goes, it is streamed so no bash scripts or executable :)

curl virmach.fat32.top

• @FAT32 said:
    Please try and let me know how it goes, it is streamed so no bash scripts or executable :)

curl virmach.fat32.top

@FAT32 that is supercool stuff!

might be good to figure out what "the" timezone should be for the display - if my calculations are correct (?) the time your program is using seems to be 4 hours ahead of UTC

#/bin/bash
    bf_2019_utc_seconds=1574985600 # since beginning of unix epoch (Jan 1 1970)
    now_utc_seconds=$(date -u +"%s")
    seconds_until_bf_2019_utc=$((bf_2019_utc_seconds - now_utc_seconds))
    echo $seconds_until_bf_2019_utc "seconds until black friday UTC"

Thanked by 1FAT32

@uptime said:
    FAT32 that is supercool stuff!

might be good to figure out what "the" timezone should be for the display - if my calculations are correct (?) the time your program is using seems to be 4 hours ahead of UTC

Glad that you like it, I am currently using EST time regardless of where the user is accessing. Timestamp used:

CM2018 - 1543204800
    BF2019 - 1575000000

The progress is calculated based on the duration between CM2018 and BF2019.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:

The correct time is Buffalo time.

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

uptime said: 4 hours ahead of UTC

okay, Buffalo time makes sense. EST would be 4 hours after UTC (looks my calculation reversed that somehow)

EDIT2: EST == Buffalo time, of course!

Thanked by 1FAT32

Maybe I need an ASCII art for Buffalo

Did anyone noticed the 3 blue bar at the left is VirMach's logo? :)

Thanked by 2uptime imok

@uptime @donli There's an animated buffalo moving at the bottom now :D

Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@FAT32 said:

@uptime said:
    FAT32 that is supercool stuff!

Glad that you like it, I am currently using EST time regardless of where the user is accessing. Timestamp used:

CM2018 - 1543204800
    BF2019 - 1575000000

The progress is calculated based on the duration between CM2018 and BF2019.

I am curious to know what language/library you are using for the date math - specifically the number of months when some have 31 days rather than 30 ?

EDIT2: OMG teh buffaloe lol!

Thanked by 1FAT32