Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday deals! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday deals!

12346»

Comments

• Do you allow wildcard/catchall accounts so that anything@ a domain goes to a single account on that domain?

Are accounts separate across domains? For example could I have [email protected] and [email protected] as two separate accounts?

• @Daniel15 said:
    Do you allow wildcard/catchall accounts so that anything@ a domain goes to a single account on that domain?

Yes, I have that set up for every domain's mail that I host with @jar. It is very convenient.

Are accounts separate across domains? For example could I have [email protected] and [email protected] as two separate accounts?

I don't fully understand your question, but yes, you can have [email protected] and [email protected] hosted on the same package.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

There is a true passion for email at MXroute and people recognize that.

Congrats to Jarland and Ryan, and btw: The deal is great!

Thanked by 1jar
  • user123 said: I don't fully understand your question,

I've currently got the legacy Google Apps, where the same account exists across all alias domains. So for example, a daniel@ account would be the same across every domain. This is annoying if you want separate support@ or webmaster@ accounts per domain.

• @Daniel15 said:

user123 said: I don't fully understand your question,

I've currently got the legacy Google Apps, where the same account exists across all alias domains. So for example, a daniel@ account would be the same across every domain. This is annoying if you want separate support@ or webmaster@ accounts per domain.

Ah, that's interesting. Yeah, you can have the same email prefix for different domains. It's particularly handy for the catchall accounts: [email protected], [email protected], etc.

• @ilBarista said:
    Hi all, hi @jar
    I've signed up for the 100GB / 3yr deal, wanted to try mxroute cos have read here a lot of good feedback, but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. I understand your business model, ok it's cheap and you 're a budget provider - but spam is killing me. Since I've transferred a testdomain with a mailadress to check your service I'm getting since my sign-up ( around 2 days ) 60 spam mails into my inbox. I've read in your FAQ your are not doing refund, but using your service is useless. Your are not google in terms of spam-fighting, ok I understand. But 30 spammails a day? Hosting my own solutions with ISPconfig ( also at hetzen ) was much less problematic, sure I was getting a spam mail a day or 2, but 30 or more is......
    Also as I see are not running a HA or cloud solutions... all hosts are single instances, right?

thank you
    regards

Whilst hopefully you can get the antispam rules tweaked and working if not this might be of interest https://mxguarddog.com/pricing/ it worked pretty well last time I tried it.

If you only have a handful of email addresses it works out nice and cheap.

• rousrous Member
    edited November 2018

@CrossBox said:
    There is a true passion for email at MXroute and people recognize that.

Congrats to Jarland and Ryan, and btw: The deal is great!

Second that - can't say enough good things about Jarland and Louis. Been with them since last BF and they are top notch on all fronts - product, uptime, support, and personality. Bought another package this year.

Thanked by 2jar louis_lau
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

For Cyber Monday I'm just adding 10 more of these to stock:

https://blog.mxroute.com/2018/11/lifetime-promo

They seemed to go over well, they can help subsidize December which is generally a slower month, and their loss later is overshadowed by the massive recurring sales that surround them. So here's to treating email like a VPN service on stacksocial, with the lifetime promo :)

• I buy the small package $5/y . I set up everything but all mail going to spam folder

• Choose triennially, Yay! Bye bye Kimsufi!

@avirahost_com said:
    I buy the small package $5/y . I set up everything but all mail going to spam folder

This can be a complex issue as there’s no way to 100% guarantee inbox delivery without controlling the domain and the content, but feel free to reach out via support channels and we’ll try to work with you on it.

• hello @jar

can i custom domain this: https://mail.mxlogin.com

thanks

• contact not respond i was mail 2 times but not replay
    thanks

• MXRoute is a terrific service, thank you and keep up the great work. Will Crossbox be added to older accounts too?

• Looking forward to the CrossBox integration already :)

• chaoszero112chaoszero112 Member
    edited November 2018

Does anyone have a good tutorial on migrating accounts using the cpanel interface?

Normally I would just use FTP/SCP.

Tried using the Backup/Restore, but it times out uploading the 3GB home backup.

--

Spoke too soon. Finally got everything uploaded successfully.

• Couldn't resist, caved in and ordered a package.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Is there a way to backup the email accounts from one service and restore to another? Both services on the same account. I don't need mail or data transferred, just the email accounts.

• subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

I really love the offers and am willing to go for it.

Can't we select the location we want our emails to be hosted in? It is so confusing as to why is BF2018 going to DE automatically? Isn't it an US based service?

Do you store copy of emails sent/received? If so, for how long? What about connection logs?

Is it safe to use Tor to access it?

Do you replacement outgoing IP address with SMTP server's IP when sending email via a client or webmail or both to protect user's privacy?

One last important question, why do you require email address to buy a plan? We are buying a email hosting only? So, it should not be a requirement.

Thanks in advance! Your precious presence is much appreciated.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited January 2019

cipher said: I really love the offers and am willing to go for it.

<3

cipher said: Can't we select the location we want our emails to be hosted in? It is so confusing as to why is BF2018 going to DE automatically? Isn't it an US based service?

Afraid not, it was Hetzner's incredible hardware deals that made these promos viable.

cipher said: Do you store copy of emails sent/received? If so, for how long?

Up to you. Sent emails are only stored if done so by an email client. Default behavior for most mail clients is to write a sent mail to a sent folder, no server side function exists for it. All email received (that isn't rejected as obvious spam) is stored until you take action to remove it. No time limits.

cipher said: What about connection logs?

Connection logs are stored for very long periods of time, and frequently examined while troubleshooting server performance.

cipher said: Is it safe to use Tor to access it?

That's fine, but if ordering through it, it may hit fraud filters. Trust is a two-way street and I'm reluctant to push obvious fake accounts through. I respect privacy, I just don't trust my IP reputation to people who don't trust me.

cipher said: Do you replacement outgoing IP address with SMTP server's IP when sending email via a client or webmail or both to protect user's privacy?

If going out to a remote location then yes. If email is delivered locally (domain hosted on same server) it retains that header.

cipher said: why do you require email address to buy a plan?

I need to be able to contact you outside of your service. We're entering into a business relationship, you can't be anonymous and unreachable if for some reason I need to suspend your service.

Thanked by 1PandaRain
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@jar what’s gonna happen with new cpanel pricing ... sorry for reviving

• defaultdefault Veteran

@rsk said:
    @jar what’s gonna happen with new cpanel pricing ... sorry for reviving

He will find a way... don't worry... life lifetime plan will go on. This is not like in movies where great projects sink into the mists of history.

Thanked by 1jar