Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX)

1235»

Comments

• Thread was set to sink and I forgot to buy my 6GB in NY! U___U

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tarasis said:
    @Abdullah Regarding the Amsterdam storage servers, is there any chance they might arrive like a day or two earlier? I have a 1.5TB server and would like to copy the data from it to the 2.5TB, then let the 1.5TB one expire which iirc due for renewal on the 1st Jan.

Possibly but cannot promise this - please open a ticket and I will see what I can do.

@Crab said:
    I finally got the LAX box, but I am a bit disappointed with the network performance. Connection from lg.lax.hosthatch.com (PCCW) works well with good consistent speed, but transferring files from the storage box goes through different routing (Cogent) and speeds vary a lot and are pretty much 10% from the numbers via PCCW. The speed is very slow (4-6MB/s) even to another LAX box with QuadraNet. @Abdullah Is there something that can be done to improve this?

Can you email me the traceroutes? I will get it rerouted for you then.

@sin said:

Abdullah said: Yeah, very sorry about that - the final shipments that were supposed to get there this Thursday now have an ETA of Tuesday. We should definitely be able to make Friday.

Is it possible to upgrade my NY NVMe $50 Annual plan to the $70 Annual plan?

Before they are delivered, yes. Not after.

@imok said:
    Thread was set to sink and I forgot to buy my 6GB in NY! U___U

We'll have something for Christmas/NY. :)

Thanked by 2sin pullangcubo
  • Abdullah said: We'll have something for Christmas/NY.

Hope to see them at the same or better price :smiley:

• sinsin Member
    edited December 2018

Abdullah said: Before they are delivered, yes. Not after.

Awesome, thanks :) just opened a sales ticket for it.

-edit- Support was super fast/nice and I got my plan changed to the 6GB RAM NVMe New York one :-).

• @Abdullah said:

@Crab said:
    I finally got the LAX box, but I am a bit disappointed with the network performance. Connection from lg.lax.hosthatch.com (PCCW) works well with good consistent speed, but transferring files from the storage box goes through different routing (Cogent) and speeds vary a lot and are pretty much 10% from the numbers via PCCW. The speed is very slow (4-6MB/s) even to another LAX box with QuadraNet. @Abdullah Is there something that can be done to improve this?

Can you email me the traceroutes? I will get it rerouted for you then.

I opened a ticket #377961 for this. Thank you!

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited December 2018

@Abdullah said:

We'll have something for Christmas/NY. :)

Pinky swear? :lol:

Looking forward!

• @Abdullah Will you have any upcoming restock? Thanks

• @Abdullah created a support ticket yesterday #974489 to update my BF plan from $50 to $70, also waiting for shiny new server. Appreciate some update here

• Did anyone get their NY server yesterday?

• @sin said:
    Did anyone get their NY server yesterday?

no,still waiting

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member
    edited December 2018

@zhuyijun said:

@sin said:

no,still waiting

Oh ok, I guess it's not just me then.

-edit- I got a response from them and they said they're expecting them to be ready by the end of Wednesday with a final eta of Friday which is cool with me.

• @sin said:

@zhuyijun said:

@sin said:

no,still waiting

-edit- I got a response from them and they said they're expecting them to be ready by the end of Wednesday with a final eta of Friday which is cool with me.

which Friday ? It would third friday since their first promise.

• @arunsharma7 said:

@sin said:

@zhuyijun said:

@sin said:

no,still waiting

which Friday ? It would third friday since their first promise.

I believe they meant this Friday as the latest

Sorry for the delay guys - everything is ready now in NY, you should be getting the server ready emails in the next few hours.

Thanked by 1sin
  • @Abdullah said:
    Sorry for the delay guys - everything is ready now in NY, you should be getting the server ready emails in the next few hours.

Hell yeah! Can't wait :-) thanks Abdullah!

• @Abdullah will IPv6 be available in NY in the future?

@sin said:
    @Abdullah will IPv6 be available in NY in the future?

It will be available tomorrow.

Thanked by 1sin
  • @Abdullah said:
    We freed up some additional capacity so the BF Storage 250 plan is available for another 24 hours, this time in LA too. Might run out earlier (last time it ran out in a few hours).

> 1 CPU core
    > 512 MB RAM
    > 250 GB storage
    > 2 TB bandwidth
    > $17 per year
    > 

Amsterdam (delivery 1st January)

Los Angeles (delivery 15th December)

Stockholm (delivery in 24 hours)

Please note the delivery dates before you order. No refunds will be made, and changing the location is not possible. Orders will close in 24 hours, or earlier depending on availability.

I am still waiting for the LA server to be setup, even though it said Dec 15th. Any update on this?

• Hi~My BF storage server is in LA. It seems that the IPv6 network has some problems since last week. I need the IPv6 network. Do you know when the IPv6 network can be fixed?
    Thanks.

• Performance on the NY servers is great! Just need that IPv6 :-)

edited December 2018

@sin said:
    Performance on the NY servers is great! Just need that IPv6 :-)

If you haven't already, please send in a ticket to get your ipv6 assigned.

Thanked by 1sin
  • @Abdullah said:

@sin said:
    Performance on the NY servers is great! Just need that IPv6 :-)

If you haven't already, please send in a ticket to get your ipv6 assigned.

Perfect! Support was super quick with getting a /64 block assigned to me :-) it's a really nice server!

• Is there any tiny storage plan in LA for this Christmas?

• awaisuk said: I am still waiting for the LA server to be setup, even though it said Dec 15th. Any update on this?

Same question.

• Merry Christmas, when is the great Christmas thread gonna happen? I missed the 250GB storage servers last time :)

Thanked by 1Komplanar
  • awaisuk said: I am still waiting for the LA server to be setup, even though it said Dec 15th. Any update on this?

I opened a ticket to ask for a status update. and mine was set up quickly after that.

• Are the AMS storage servers still on track to be delivered 1st January 2019?

edited December 2018

@chrisp said:
    Merry Christmas, when is the great Christmas thread gonna happen? I missed the 250GB storage servers last time :)

We'll likely have a small promotion up tomorrow but no promises. We're nearly sold out on all capacity and the support abuse these promotions bring generally makes them less worthy for us.

@bdl said:
    Are the AMS storage servers still on track to be delivered 1st January 2019?

Yes, they will be delivered by end of day CET on 1st January.

Thanked by 3Komplanar bdl chrisp
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2018

Abdullah said: We'll likely have a small promotion up tomorrow but no promises.

Don't let abusers spoil the fun for everyone. I'll wait for it, mate!

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @Abdullah My AMS storage server hasn't been delivered yet.

Could you please have a look at ticket #387500?