Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX)

Comments

• 1 CPU core
    512 MB RAM
    250 GB storage
    2 TB bandwidth
    $17 per year

Got that one. Good storage deal.

• Why is AMS so popular for storage servers (vs SE or other places)?

• @user123 said:
    Why is AMS so popular for storage servers (vs SE or other places)?

For me in particular, same latency but less hops

Thanked by 1user123
  • Hello,tk#611536,please check.

• Is this normal? Tracert shows 17 hops to SE and 12 hops to AMS, though at least one of the hops to AMS times out. The pings for both are a bit labile, ranging from 107-211ms. For the LG 1GB test files, the AMS download maxes out my BW immediately, but then drops to 50% of the max after finishing ~2/3 of the file. OTOH, the SE test file takes a bit longer to ramp up to max, but stays there. So...I should buy in SE or is there something I'm missing?

Also, a total novice question, but how comfortably would Debian 8 or 9 run on a 512MB _KVM _VPS? Would it be pressed for memory if I was actually transferring data back and forth on it?

• @Abdullah May I change the 35$750G plan to 17$250G plan? It seems I'm a little hasty in placing the order...

• lxjaalxjaa Member
    edited November 2018

@daozhi said:
    @Abdullah May I change the 35$750G plan to 17$250G plan? It seems I'm a little hasty in placing the order...

I have the same question,tk#902823

• @lxjaa said:

@daozhi said:
    @Abdullah May I change the 35$750G plan to 17$250G plan? It seems I'm a little hasty in placing the order...

I have the same question

me too.

• @Abdullah please check your inbox

• @user123 said:
    Is this normal? Tracert shows 17 hops to SE and 12 hops to AMS, though at least one of the hops to AMS times out. The pings for both are a bit labile, ranging from 107-211ms. For the LG 1GB test files, the AMS download maxes out my BW immediately, but then drops to 50% of the max after finishing ~2/3 of the file. OTOH, the SE test file takes a bit longer to ramp up to max, but stays there. So...I should buy in SE or is there something I'm missing?

Also, a total novice question, but how comfortably would Debian 8 or 9 run on a 512MB _KVM _VPS? Would it be pressed for memory if I was actually transferring data back and forth on it?

STO -> US West Coast seems to be working better and more consistently than AMS for me too. Perhaps the Swedes got better routing than the Dutch, who knows.

I was wondering about getting another from AMS, but with this it might be better for me to stick with Stockholm.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @Crab said:

@user123 said:
    Is this normal? Tracert shows 17 hops to SE and 12 hops to AMS, though at least one of the hops to AMS times out. The pings for both are a bit labile, ranging from 107-211ms. For the LG 1GB test files, the AMS download maxes out my BW immediately, but then drops to 50% of the max after finishing ~2/3 of the file. OTOH, the SE test file takes a bit longer to ramp up to max, but stays there. So...I should buy in SE or is there something I'm missing?

STO -> US West Coast seems to be working better and more consistently than AMS for me too. Perhaps the Swedes got better routing than the Dutch, who knows.

I was wondering about getting another from AMS, but with this it might be better for me to stick with Stockholm.

I agree,Same as in east Asia

Thanked by 1user123
  • @lxjaa said:

@Crab said:

@user123 said:

I agree,Same as in east Asia

From Australia for my connection, I tend to get STO routed via the US where as AMS is routed via HK (and thus goes the other way around the globe) :). Speeds on the lg download tests are pretty much the same considering we're flinging electrons half way around the Earth!

Thanked by 2user123 uptime
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The 250 GB plan is now sold out.

Thanked by 3bdl user123 lxjaa
  • kbrx93kbrx93 Member
    edited November 2018

Hello,I have a tk#981210, please check. @Abdullah

• @Abdullah said:

Will there be more in the future?

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited November 2018

Can I get:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    3 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    2 TB bandwidth
    $50 per year
    at NY location?

that's less RAM and more GB NVMe, and 1TB less bandwidth?

@dosai said:

@Abdullah said:

Will there be more in the future?

Unlikely until next year.

@Sofia_K said:
    Can I get:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    3 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    2 TB bandwidth
    $50 per year
    at NY location?

that's less RAM and more GB NVMe, and 1TB less bandwidth?

These plans cannot be customized this way, sorry.

• I had to jump on one of the NY deals. I am looking forward to see how it performs.

• @jaypeesmith said:
    I had to jump on one of the NY deals. I am looking forward to see how it performs.

Same, really excited to see how NY is

• Just got the notice that NY has been moved back to around 12/7 =(, hope we can get them that date as I'm excited to finally get my new Hosthatch VM.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited November 2018

@Abdullah: Hi, the ssl certificate of the host you're getting your control panel icons (at least the debian one) from expired. Therefor they won't show up anymore. https://i.imgur.com/6Vl67wj.png

Anyone else... got some network benchmarks from Oslo and Vienna for me? :smile:

@sin said:
    Just got the notice that NY has been moved back to around 12/7 =(, hope we can get them that date as I'm excited to finally get my new Hosthatch VM.

Yeah, very sorry about that - the final shipments that were supposed to get there this Thursday now have an ETA of Tuesday. We should definitely be able to make Friday.

@BBTN said:
    @Abdullah: Hi, the ssl certificate of the host you're getting your control panel icons (at least the debian one) from expired. Therefor they won't show up anymore. https://i.imgur.com/6Vl67wj.png

Thanks, should be fixed already.

250 GB plan will be available in LA, Amsterdam and Stockholm later today for a few hours.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @Abdullah said:

@sin said:
    Just got the notice that NY has been moved back to around 12/7 =(, hope we can get them that date as I'm excited to finally get my new Hosthatch VM.

Yeah, very sorry about that - the final shipments that were supposed to get there this Thursday now have an ETA of Tuesday. We should definitely be able to make Friday.

@BBTN said:

Thanks, should be fixed already.

250 GB plan will be available in LA, Amsterdam and Stockholm later today for a few hours.

Links posted here don't seem to work. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2907200/#Comment_2907200

Could you please post the link?

• dosai said: Links posted here don't seem to work.

Did you miss the "later today" part?

Thanked by 2dosai eol

We freed up some additional capacity so the BF Storage 250 plan is available for another 24 hours, this time in LA too. Might run out earlier (last time it ran out in a few hours).

1 CPU core
    512 MB RAM
    250 GB storage
    2 TB bandwidth
    $17 per year

Amsterdam (delivery 1st January)

Los Angeles (delivery 15th December)

Stockholm (delivery in 24 hours)

Please note the delivery dates before you order. No refunds will be made, and changing the location is not possible. Orders will close in 24 hours, or earlier depending on availability.

• @Abdullah said:
    We freed up some additional capacity so the BF Storage 250 plan is available for another 24 hours, this time in LA too. Might run out earlier (last time it ran out in a few hours).

> 1 CPU core
    > 512 MB RAM
    > 250 GB storage
    > 2 TB bandwidth
    > $17 per year
    > 

Amsterdam (delivery 1st January)

Los Angeles (delivery 15th December)

Stockholm (delivery in 24 hours)

Please note the delivery dates before you order. No refunds will be made, and changing the location is not possible. Orders will close in 24 hours, or earlier depending on availability.

Thanks! Grabbed one!

• @Abdullah Regarding the Amsterdam storage servers, is there any chance they might arrive like a day or two earlier? I have a 1.5TB server and would like to copy the data from it to the 2.5TB, then let the 1.5TB one expire which iirc due for renewal on the 1st Jan.

• anybody have nvm vienna benchmark ?

• CrabCrab Member
    edited December 2018

I finally got the LAX box, but I am a bit disappointed with the network performance. Connection from lg.lax.hosthatch.com (PCCW) works well with good consistent speed, but transferring files from the storage box goes through different routing (Cogent) and speeds vary a lot and are pretty much 10% from the numbers via PCCW. The speed is very slow (4-6MB/s) even to another LAX box with QuadraNet. @Abdullah Is there something that can be done to improve this?

• Abdullah said: Yeah, very sorry about that - the final shipments that were supposed to get there this Thursday now have an ETA of Tuesday. We should definitely be able to make Friday.

Is it possible to upgrade my NY NVMe $50 Annual plan to the $70 Annual plan?