Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018 - Official Discussion Thread - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Well this BF has taught me 1 thing for sure, China is being blocked again.

Out of 15 refund requests (It is explicit that BF deals are not refundable) 15 if them have been from china, out of those that this reality pointed out to them so far 6 of them of opened a paypal claim for "damaged goods" or "unauthorized" which now means they have no service or money.

I must have spend 5 hours none stop dealing with tickets from China requesting info that has already been spelled out in great detail.

Clearly Inception Hosting and China are simply incompatible the language barrier is simply to great.

Yeah, there seems to be both a business culture barrier and a language barrier. If you wanted to cater more effectively to Chinese users, you'd probably need a bilingual Mandarin/English staff person who could handle the communication with Chinese users, but even this wouldn't be a guarantee against such issues. Not easy.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Out of 15 refund requests (It is explicit that BF deals are not refundable) 15 if them have been from china, out of those that this reality pointed out to them so far 6 of them of opened a paypal claim for "damaged goods" or "unauthorized" which now means they have no service or money.

I must have spend 5 hours none stop dealing with tickets from China requesting info that has already been spelled out in great detail.

Clearly Inception Hosting and China are simply incompatible the language barrier is simply to great.

May be the cause of language and cultural differences, they did not realize that malicious refusal is a form of dishonesty - Perhaps Paypal doesn't have the characteristics that are similar to the Alipay credit score.

• andiklive said: for reseller its good to buy 2x Starter than 1x Expert.

does seem you're better off to buy 2x starter vs expert, (or even 3x starter). Strange pricing.

• AlexanderM said: We will be posting offers very soon :) !

Reseller offer would be good :)

• @v3ng said:
    Any recommendations for small annually KVMs? Less than 10$.

How small is the small you'll accept (ram and disk)?

I'd recommend a VirMach flash deal but you have to keep looking.

(Maybe wait for Cyber Monday).

• redjerseyredjersey Member
    edited November 2018

any 3-4gb vps? openvz / kvm. Budget is $20-30/year (more for kvm)

• lovemindsloveminds Member
    edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

is Hong Kong also be blocked? and...no any indian put repudiation?

A hundred years ago, we was regarded as sick men in East Asia by Westerners,in the past ten years, we have worked tirelessly to change the stereotype in front of foreigners,but the individual behavior of a few people unwittingly blemished Chinese image over and over again
    Since ancient times, Chinese traditional culture has been polite and tolerant,opposed disputes and conflicts,but can't be avoided some freeloaders like petty to do things that harm others.

• @angstrom said:
    The VirMach thread definitely shows a lot of craziness!

I don't think that I have the right kind of brain to deal with "flash special for N minutes", so I missed all of those!

I tried refreshing the page around 10-15 times passively while doing other things in the meantime. Got on my nerves after while so closed that tab. I did open the link couple of more times but stopped doing constant refresh. Besides whenever I opened I didn't find anything that would be an "OMG deal" so yeah..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

@loveminds I am not racist, this is just business and in the interest of protecting mine I have blocked China as for what ever reason the orders that come in from China cause 90% of the work load.

I don't really care what the reason is, the fact is simply that it the problems exist so it is just not practical to continue.

I lifted the ban after 4 years around 2 months ago, i started to regret it almost the next day.

Thanked by 3levnode feezioxiii ofit
  • Hi @AlexanderM when are you gonna release the deals?

• @AnthonySmith The moment you start excusing a sound business decision, you're just going to lose the argument with the new kids. Just throw up your arms and say "Go elsewhere", and get on with it.

I also fail to see nudes on my special offers page. Some offer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

CyberMonday said: @AnthonySmith The moment you start excusing a sound business decision, you're just going to lose the argument with the new kids. Just throw up your arms and say "Go elsewhere", and get on with it.

yep probably good advice.

• also, where is quickpacket deals?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • any $5/yr bf vps offer?

• @astrovps said:
    any $5/yr bf vps offer?

Virmach has had some ~$5 deals, but I missed them. Stocked up on $6 OVZs, though. What the hell am I going to do with 384MB OVZs other than nameservers and looking glass?

• CyberMonday said: What the hell am I going to do with 384MB OVZs other than nameservers and looking glass?

transferring them to other people shortly after cyberweek, like you do every year? ;-)

Thanked by 1imok
  • You have to be the weirdest e-stalker yet.

Thanked by 2Falzo MasonR
  • yeah, wait until I start posting quotes of you and your alter ego a year ago :-P

Thanked by 1imok
  • CyberMondayCyberMonday Member
    edited November 2018

@Falzo said:
    yeah, wait until I start posting quotes of you and your alter ego a year ago :-P

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Oh, wait, so @CyberMonday = @WSS after all?!

• @angstrom said:
    Oh, wait, so @CyberMonday = @WSS after all?!

wasn't that clear last year already? someone impersonated @BlackFriday and got on everybodies nerves and then @WSS trolled him by creating that @CyberMonday character...

where have you been back then :-D :-D

• Here is another Cyber Monday Deal with an 87% discount: https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-vpn/

• @elisacollins said:
    Here is another Cyber Monday Deal with an 87% discount: https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-vpn/

You signed up here in order to tell us this?

• @angstrom said:

@elisacollins said:
    Here is another Cyber Monday Deal with an 87% discount: https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-vpn/

You signed up here in order to tell us this?

True dedication, right?

• @AlexanderM said:
    We will be posting offers very soon :) !

Unfortunately still waiting. Is this going to be Monday only?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Monsta_AU @JoeMerit @NanoG6 @Adam1 @WebGuru

Keep an eye on https://hostus.us/special-offers.html for reseller hosting offers on Cyber Monday :).

• @angstrom said: You signed up here in order to tell us this?

Don't bully Elisa Collins!

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited November 2018

@AlexanderM said:
    @Monsta_AU @JoeMerit @NanoG6 @Adam1 @WebGuru

Keep an eye on https://hostus.us/special-offers.html for reseller hosting offers on Cyber Monday :).

great i hope u will throw whmcs with a crazy reseller offer!

• @AlexanderM said:

Please post it to a Black Friday thread once live.

• @AlexanderM we need NVME KVM deals in Washington.