Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting Shutting Down - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting Shutting Down

124»

Comments

• backuptb said: Did he try first time?

I expect that comment is related to:

@JoeMerit said:
    the best drama was XFuse Duke and his motorcycle accident gofundme scam! and his involvement in GVH.

• upnatomupnatom Member
    edited November 2018

Just a heads up to anyone who had automated payments enabled... I was billed and paid for another yearly term yesterday... I tried to contact @MCHPhil via [email protected] and also his PayPal e-mail in which both bounced back. @MCHPhil if you're reading, please send a message my way and suspend your billing services!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@upnatom said:
    Just a heads up to anyone who had automated payments enabled... I was billed and paid for another yearly term yesterday... I tried to contact @MCHPhil via [email protected] and also his PayPal e-mail in which both bounced back. @MCHPhil if you're reading, please send a message my way and suspend your billing services!

Just issue a PayPal claim, use the email he sent as the basis, it will only take 10 or so to do this and PayPal will suspend the MCH account and refund everyone.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Just issue a PayPal claim, use the email he sent as the basis, it will only take 10 or so to do this and PayPal will suspend the MCH account and refund everyone.

Unfortunately, I had to do just that. Although, I was against it and hopeful I would receive a reply with all things considered. @MCHPhil was 1 of the good providers, it's too bad and unfortunate his pertained freedom is debt due to health.

@upnatom said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Unfortunately, I had to do just that. Although, I was against it and hopeful I would receive a reply with all things considered. @MCHPhil was 1 of the good providers, it's too bad and unfortunate his pertained freedom is debt due to health.

Yeah just for clarification I did not mean just do it as in “screw him” I meant it as in, he probably would say to do that himself, he can’t afford the servers never mind refunds and if he is unwell he probably can’t be bothered with it all right now so you are doing him a favour.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

@upnatom said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Yeah just for clarification I did not mean just do it as in “screw him” I meant it as in, he probably would say to do that himself, he can’t afford the servers never mind refunds and if he is unwell he probably can’t be bothered with it all right now so you are doing him a favour.

I think a problem with that is the lack of clarity of what parts of the business are shutting down. Most and me are pretty much assuming it's going to be the entire business but shared nodes are up and weren't mentioned in the original email. If he's interested in continuing shared and using the profits for refunds you can see how losing his PayPal might cause trouble.

Edit: I would definitely keep track of the limited timeline for PayPal chargebacks just incase any customer affected loses their protection.

We need answers @deank

I don't see any lack of clarity, he is sick, he is paying for stuff out of his own pocket, it is a small business not one with divisions, services were shut down faster than his incredibly short notice said.

He is not responding here, to tickets, to emails etc, he chose not to bulk cancel all subscriptions in paypal, there is not really any other choice, file a paypal claim.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I don't see any lack of clarity, he is sick, he is paying for stuff out of his own pocket, it is a small business not one with divisions, services were shut down faster than his incredibly short notice said.

He is not responding here, to tickets, to emails etc, he chose not to bulk cancel all subscriptions in paypal, there is not really any other choice, file a paypal claim.

It doesn't require divisions to have seperate services. My point is that Phil specifically emailed VPS customers and specifically mentions VM. If it is the whole business and he just hasn't emailed other clients, then so be it - but that's just my query.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

Let's say that he is perhaps not sick physically at all.

1. He got sick of paying bills out of his pocket. In a sense, he is sick.
    2. He's been in biz for a while now. (More than a year) He is sick of a fact that he ain't breaking even, not even close.
    3. He has become sick of the thin margin. He is sick of it.
    4. He is sick of the whole biz and customers' attitudes.
    5. He is sick of everything hosting related.

Therefore, he wants it closed.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2018

@Ho-ost said:

@AnthonySmith said:

It doesn't require divisions to have seperate services. My point is that Phil specifically emailed VPS customers and specifically mentions VM. If it is the whole business and he just hasn't emailed other clients, then so be it - but that's just my query.

Well, the whole website has been down for a while, if he intends to keep shared hosting alive, he hasn't communicated it well.

But, you're right, it's possible that he intends to keep shared hosting alive.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • upnatomupnatom Member
    edited November 2018

Unless he used another domain/setup for shared hosting, I'm to believe that all services were cut. I tried all his contact e-mails and not just from MyCustomHosting.net; every single one of them bounced, 3 separate domains. I should've done an MX lookup and checked for different records and not wasted my time.

I have yet to get a response to the PayPal resolution, assuming he's still up and running with shared clients.. but it's most likely the automated e-mails are all bouncing as well. And to be clear I'm not asking for a refund for prior Nov 10 cancellations, I got billed on the 14th, and that money should be in the hands of another LEB/T provider.

• Bit of a daft deliberation this.

The guy says he's not well and has parted ways with his hosting setup. I don't think there's a definition of not well where people do shared hosting but not VPS.

On a professional level, he was apparently a good host and now he's no longer hosting. If you've paid for something you're not getting, claim the money back, or gift it to him, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited November 2018

Just received an automated payment email from paypal. I couldnt even access my account nor the domain, so I thought i was good but... Anyway, I guess ill just send it to him as a tip, the money wasn't a large amount anyway. Will make sure to cancel, and hope people canceled their auto renewal as well

• @upnatom said:
    Unless he used another domain/setup for shared hosting, I'm to believe that all services were cut. I tried all his contact e-mails and not just from MyCustomHosting.net; every single one of them bounced, 3 separate domains. I should've done an MX lookup and checked for different records and not wasted my time.

Shared Kansas down for 1 day 7 hours as of right now. I'm inclined to agree with you.