Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting Shutting Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting Shutting Down

Comments

• .....and my VPS just went offline mid backup. Billing and main websites also gone.

I already had what I needed, I was just making sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @joereid said: .....and my VPS just went offline mid backup. Billing and main websites also gone.

The end is here.

• Ouch.

• so much for the 10th...

• Sad to see the company closing down in this way. I had a VPS for 1-2 years at MCH, ticket response was prompt and direct, no issues.

Hope things eventually work out for @MCHPhil.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@joereid said: .....and my VPS just went offline mid backup. Billing and main websites also gone.

The end is here.

Copyright violation.

@deank

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

No, he used "here". Mine's "Nigh".

• Oh it's said that your provider health is not good. I wish he will get well soon. You must take a backup as he suggest or simply ask a new provider to move your VPS data. If you have already took a backup it's good.

Thanked by 2eol [Deleted User]
  • @AlphaNinevps_com said:
    Oh it's said that your provider health is not good. I wish he will get well soon. You must take a backup as he suggest or simply ask a new provider to move your VPS data. If you have already took a backup it's good.

I'm not sure if you know it already but your posts make no sense at all.

• @zafouhar said:

@AlphaNinevps_com said:
    Oh it's said that your provider health is not good. I wish he will get well soon. You must take a backup as he suggest or simply ask a new provider to move your VPS data. If you have already took a backup it's good.

Russian bot.

• That is really sad. I hope the guy will get well soon and continue in business. as 10th is few hours away i think you've already took your backup in remote(like drive or dropbox) as well as local.

• vimalware said: Hate is like cancer, brother.

Absolutely agree.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

@AlphaNinevps_com said:

Sounds like, the usual I put my signature here, so we people can click.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Don’t mean to sound insensitive here, but everyone seems to be talking like Phill has something terminal, did I miss something? From the email I just assumed a bad cold, flu and that only began the last few weeks?

I am just saying if your ship is sinking you know sooner than 2 days in advance.

I don’t wish harm or bad fortune on anyone generally but I can’t help having some scepticism here.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

I am just saying if your ship is sinking you know sooner than 2 days in advance.

I am not mean person but if he was subsidising his services from his own pocket, he know about the financial issues, why not to notify customers in advance and this way provide more time to migrate their data? if he so care about his service or customers!

I do believe that his illness can be caused by financial issue - stress. Stress can cause various health issues!

I do wish to Phil get well soon.

• @AnthonySmith said: I am just saying if your ship is sinking you know sooner than 2 days in advance.

True.

It's hard to tell what exactly happened in the background, but one generally knows when the next server invoice is due well more than two days in advance.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ok I did not miss some important bit of info then.

I think perhaps this was a pride thing, I don't mean that in a bad sense, I remember a good number of years ago I was critical of his storage setup (before he was being fully transparent about it) he went completely bananas at me in PM's

I think perhaps he was unwilling to admit defeat when perhaps he should have as soon as it started taking money from his day job which is admirable depending on how you look at it.

Sometimes when trying to keep yourself from drowning though you pull everyone under with you and cause more harm than you intended.

Again, I do hope its something he recovers from quick, getting sick may have just been the final "fuck this" point for him.

• Certainly wasn't in it for the money, and the customers who didn't get on the wrong side of him seemed to be satisfied.

• @AnthonySmith said: I think perhaps this was a pride thing, I don't mean that in a bad sense, I remember a good number of years ago I was critical of his storage setup (before he was being fully transparent about it) he went completely bananas at me in PM's

Yeah, I recalled that you two clashed back then about the RAID 0 crash. He probably lost some customers as a result of the RAID 0 crash (minimally, me: I moved one of my servers away from MCH after that), but I wonder whether that issue explains the current situation, which is a few years later.

AnthonySmith said: I think perhaps he was unwilling to admit defeat when perhaps he should have as soon as it started taking money from his day job which is admirable depending on how you look at it.

I suspect a gradual decline in profit and loss of interest, and the health issues (we don't know how severe) have simply added to the burden. He used to have promotions a few times a year, but this all stopped a good while ago (though last year he did do some random BF offers for fun in the BF thread).

It's almost like he woke up a couple of days ago and said "F*ck this, I'm out".

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@AnthonySmith said:
    Don’t mean to sound insensitive here, but everyone seems to be talking like Phill has something terminal, did I miss something?

Yeah, you missed something.

It's the Internet. Exaggeration is the norm. A certain president does something stupid, the media says, "We need Endis Nigh."

A celebrity divorces, the media says his life is ruined.

• @deank said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Don’t mean to sound insensitive here, but everyone seems to be talking like Phill has something terminal, did I miss something?

Yeah, you missed something.

It's the Internet. Exaggeration is the norm. A certain president does something stupid, the media says, "We need Endis Nigh."

A celebrity divorces, the media says his life is ruined.

No it's terminal until he starts another company after his health is better without the liabilities.

• @angstrom said:

Judging by how he dealt with "problem" customers, I assume he's felt this way for a few years.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2018

We have now devolved into the conspiracy theory stage of the tread...
    where blind assumptions take the place of unknown/missing facts.
    I have my popcorn at the ready, please carry on.

Thanked by 3WebProject iKeyZ southy
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2018

@FrankZ said:
    We have now devolved into the conspiracy theory stage of the tread...
    where blind assumptions take the place of unknown/missing facts.

There's no conspiracy theory.

There are a couple of take-them-or-leave-them speculations about what happened (based on what we know about Phil and MCH), but these don't constitute a conspiracy theory.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

Judging by how he dealt with "problem" customers, I assume he's felt this way for a few years.

If he felt the same way a few years ago, why not to:

• sell company and customers, very good example was A2B2 company, traiding at almost loss and sell it for great sum!
      or

• close business with plenty time for customers to migrate their data elsewhere - not just two days notice!

• How come we didn't setup a Gofundme for him and send him thousands of dollars to cover server and medical costs?

• desperand said: Absolutely agree.

If someone come to rape your dog and crash his home you cannot love them :neutral: But again, no offense for some critical feedback.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:
    How come we didn't setup a Gofundme for him and send him thousands of dollars to cover server and medical costs?

2 days wasn’t enough time

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@JoeMerit said:
    How come we didn't setup a Gofundme for him and send him thousands of dollars to cover server and medical costs?

Its only good the first time, not the second time.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Neoon said:

@JoeMerit said:

Its only good the first time, not the second time.

Did he try first time?