Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’ve been away for some time - summarise the last month for me - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I’ve been away for some time - summarise the last month for me

124»

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

then why did not chris unban bsdguy ? wss used to run campaign like freebsdguy etc

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

bsdguy was fairly unstable. Making decent arguments in one thread and going off randomly like a stink bomb in another thread.

It was like he was on perpetual PMS.

The guy needed help and he wasn't gonna get it on LET. Meanwhile, many consider jsp (spelling?) the successor of bsdguy. He is slightly more stable but just as mad.

Thanked by 2vimalware Yura
  • @deank said:
    bsdguy was fairly unstable. Making decent arguments in one thread and going off randomly like a stink bomb in another thread.

It was like he was on perpetual PMS.

You guys are really taking life too serious.

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    [bsdguy] It was like he was on perpetual PMS.

Yep. He needs medical help or at least to get laid. Maybe finding some worth outside of being a prick and explaining how capitalism ruins everything would do wonders to his social life. Don't unban him.

@angstrom said:
    Still don't understand how @WSS got hold of such an account.

You take it inside out and turn it upside down. WSS didn't get a hold of CC staff account. WSS is a fabricated persona of someone from CC. CC created WSS account with off the cuff personality, oral diarrhea and a pinch of virus marketing. How that meant to be obvious to everyone is beyond me since all CC people are mute and never show any personality here whatsoever. Maybe 5 years ago Chris talked like that here and can be linked to WSS but I'm not that old, I'm a 2 years old fat pussy.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Banter.

• @Yura said: @angstrom said: Still don't understand how @WSS got hold of such an account.

You take it inside out and turn it upside down. WSS didn't get a hold of CC staff account. WSS is a fabricated persona of someone from CC. CC created WSS account with off the cuff personality, oral diarrhea and a pinch of virus marketing. How that meant to be obvious to everyone is beyond me since all CC people are mute and never show any personality here whatsoever. Maybe 5 years ago Chris talked like that here and can be linked to WSS but I'm not that old, I'm a 2 years old fat pussy.

I had thought of this possibility, but it seemed (still seems) implausible to me that someone at CC would have fabricated WSS. I mean, as a one-time joke that lasts a week or so -- perhaps -- but to fabricate WSS and keep this persona alive for over a year and through many thousands of posts -- no, no way, that would be pure insanity.

Here's a different version. At some time in the past, WSS had some kind of working relationship with CC and had access to an account. This completely predated his appearance on LET as @WSS. When he appeared on LET as @WSS, he no longer had any kind of working relationship with CC. After @WSS left LET (= got himself banned from LET), he decided to return incognito to LET under that old (presumably, forgotten) CC account, which no one at CC was using. (Something like this.)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

Or how about we go back to my original comment on the WSS situation, its not my place to say who he is/was but as I got tagged and PM'ed about 50 times anyway I thought I would have some fun with it and miss direct everyone at every turn for my own amusement.

Given that I have said or hinted that he is in fact 4 different people I thought it would be obvious I should be ignored.

Sorry if anyone genuinely invested any time in to this.

Will the real WSS please stand up so we can put an end to this?

edited November 2018

This whole ordeal should be documented and be punished (edit: published, both work) as "One of the seven great mysteries of LET" by AnthonySmith, Top Provider.

P.S. I am another mystery of LET.

punished or published?

edited November 2018

Both work, I figure. Edited.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith said: Will the real WSS please stand up so we can put an end to this?

After all of the intrigue and speculation: yeah, like that's going to work!

Or: we'll have a number of people who claim to be "the real WSS"!

Anyway, I give up and will leave the WSS puzzle to more able minds.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I sent him this thread and he laughed. No, he is no longer participating here. Hasnt participated since he asked to be banned.

MikePT said: I sent him this thread and he laughed. No, he is no longer participating here. Hasnt participated since he asked to be banned.

heh, he lied, he never left.

@MikePT said:
    I sent him this thread and he laughed. No, he is no longer participating here. Hasnt participated since he asked to be banned.

Are you saying you are WSS?!

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2018

How about unban @WSS and let him decide if he ever posts here again.

If he decides to stay silent - that's okay too.

Just like in real court, no matter the reasons, the defendant (or anyone for that matter) cannot ask for a cardinally greater sentence than the law predicts for a particular crime. For example, someone gets 10 years in court, cannot ask for life instead, or gets life, cannot ask for death penalty instead, etc. @WSS did his one month ban time, long time ago. He also cannot be sentenced for the same case again - it's done.

It is not unheard of works of art getting cut short...

Kubrik cut the beginning of A Space Odyssey 2001, Chase cut the ending of The Sopranos, Groening messed up Futurama, Gaben cut Half-Life too...

I think Louis Rossman is a real life WSS.

Thanked by 2Francisco vovler
  • @Janevski said:
    Gaben cut Half-Life too...

Do you still play Quarter-Life?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@deank

I'm glad you are no doctor because considering your poor diagnostic and analytical skills you'd soon end up in jail after some dead patients.

Fwiw, I can't be WSS nor Bsdguy because I'm a lovechild of Stalin, Isabel Peron, and Kermit (Yes! those 3 were into very strange kinks).

Hm, I shall alter my statement.

From "slightly mad" to mildly mad.

• @Yura said:

@Janevski said:
    Gaben cut Half-Life too...

Do you still play Quarter-Life?

Nah, i managed to go down to only about Eight-Life and then threw away my HDD.

Now i only play OpenRA on a live booted linux from time to time.

# lshw -class disk
      *-disk                  
           description: SCSI Disk
           physical id: 0.0.0
           bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0
           logical name: /dev/sda
           logical name: /cdrom
           size: 7600MiB (7969MB)
           capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
           configuration: logicalsectorsize=512 mount.fstype=iso9660 mount.options=ro,noatime sectorsize=512 signature=15e2543d state=mounted

Funny enough, i was actually able to play the Half-Life demo on my AMD-E350, but Steam requires a lot of space, which right now i am unable to place in ram. Video recording during play - no way, i didn't even try.

• Just let WSS be. It doesn’t matter who he is, and I’m sure if he ever wants to out himself, he will.

Sometimes, you just don’t want the stigma that your old username brings.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:

@MikePT said:

Are you saying you are WSS?!

I'm an alien.

@Nekki said:
    Just let WSS be. It doesn’t matter who he is, and I’m sure if he ever wants to out himself, he will.

Sometimes, you just don’t want the stigma that your old username brings.

Indeed, when Nekki is ready to confess he will.

• Oh, the British boy who cried wolf too many times...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Confirmed.