Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unreasonable Invoice by LeaseWeb - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unreasonable Invoice by LeaseWeb

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Leaseweb have had a long standing issue with their bandwidth counting and limiting for as long as I remember, it dates back at least 5 years so this is not a surprise.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

Seen teens playing online cellphone games or youtubing for too long and get billed with thousands later?

The same case.

My neighbor's kid (14) got billed 400 bucks due to that.

• If their system fail its their problem note yours. If their system fail and as result they try to charge you they are simply di***.

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited October 2018

@deank said:
    Seen teens playing online cellphone games or youtubing for too long and get billed with thousands later?

The same case.

No, thats not same case. Same case would be if there would be 20gb/month limit on cellphone in contract (or kind of limit you can set yourself) and a mobile operator would by accident lift this limit and charge you for overage.

@OP
    I bet in such case you could in theory sue leaseweb if they would like to collect this money from you and you could win. You clearly set BW limits, fail was on Leaseweb side, not yours.

Not in Canada. We have a limit and, once you go off, they charge you per mb.

Yes, mb.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @deank said:

Yes, mb.

OMFG
    Im from Poland, you can get here unlimited cellphone internet for $20/mo (really unlimited, you can do 1tb/month and more).
    Sim card that cost $1.5 comes with 50gb free transfer valid for 2 weeks.

I mean - cmon you are in Canada (if im not wrong), Canada is probably 20 years ahead compared to Poland, why the duck mobile operators in Canada shave people so badly....

• @dodheimsgard said:

@deank said:

The same case.

No, thats not same case. Same case would be if there would be 20gb/month limit on cellphone in contract (or kind of limit you can set yourself) and a mobile operator would by accident lift this limit and charge you for overage.

@OP
    I bet in such case you could in theory sue leaseweb if they would like to collect this money from you and you could win. You clearly set BW limits, fail was on Leaseweb side, not yours.

I think that would be of waste of money maybe ill just request for 95% discount not 90% alone. Ill just pay it if ever they agreed. I cant handle such this problem anymore.

@dodheimsgard said:
    OMFG
    Im from Poland, you can get here unlimited cellphone internet for $20/mo (really unlimited, you can do 1tb/month and more).

I mean - cmon you are in Canada (if im not wrong), Canada is probably 20 years ahead compared to Poland, why the duck mobile operators in Canada shave people so badly....

Lack of competitions.

Rogers Wireless pretty much dominates GTA (Around Toronto) and then Telus for the rest. There are small 3rd party companies here and there but they suck.

• @dodheimsgard said:

20 years ahead in what matter? Continental EU has better network infrastructure than the NA, South America, Australia, NZ rtc. You really must stop shitting into your own nest dude.

• @Cdoe said:

@dodheimsgard said:

20 years ahead in what matter? Continental EU has better network infrastructure than the NA, South America, Australia, NZ rtc.

GDP per capita, minimum salary, average salary, country budget per capita etc.
    Idk what you mean by "Continental EU". countries like France, Germany etc are very different from Poland, Slovakia or Belarus - all are "continental EU" but its not the same pair of shoes.

@Cdoe said:
    You really must stop shitting into your own nest dude.

This "20 years ahead" is not shitting, its truth.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Do not forget, Canada has huge territory to cover for a small bunch of humans. This cost a lot for operators. Also, the lack of competition is an issue. 4 major companies accross the country and all others are partners/resellers/divisions of the 4 giants. It's sad :/

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @gestiondbi said:
    Do not forget, Canada has huge territory to cover for a small bunch of humans. This cost a lot for operators. Also, the lack of competition is an issue. 4 major companies accross the country and all others are partners/resellers/divisions of the 4 giants. It's sad :/

But they still cost them next to nothing compared to the mobility rates charged by them. There are a bunch of regional providers, Sasktel, MTS, Videotron, and Freedom, but they are quite limited in the area they serve, which is why they all have domestic roaming agreements. Still at that point, your reselling the 3 major mobility operators...

• @dodheimsgard said:

@Cdoe said:
    You really must stop shitting into your own nest dude.

This "20 years ahead" is not shitting, its truth.

Have you ever been in Canada/United States? American dream is over.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2018

dodheimsgard said: This "20 years ahead" is not shitting, its truth.

Canada has a very low population density and so creating decent mobile coverage means lots of infrastructure over a very large space. It's the 2nd largest country in the world. Having lived in Canada for 5 years, I came to the conclusion that's why sending data around was expensive.

Back in the UK, you can slap data around the world pretty cheaply. 3 mobile had a 15GB for 15 GBP plan 10 years ago. I think the EU made up some rules about those nasty roaming invoices...

Not sure what to think of the OPs situation, at the least it shouldn't be a position to put customers in.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@dodheimsgard said:

@deank said:

Yes, mb.

OMFG

That’s just bullshit ;-). I happen to have an employee in Poland and know for a fact that you won’t get even close to 1TB before fair use policy starts to apply ;-).

• @dodheimsgard said: OMFG

Agree with @Clouvider, sounds too good to be true. Any links?

My experience is that Eastern Europe tends to be more expensive than Western Europe with respect to cellphone service, but Poland may be relatively competitive given its size.

• @Clouvider @angstrom
    Its Polish Tmobile internet plan for the business. Its on market for ~2 years They also introduced an unlimited plan for non-business clients.
    Link here:
    http://www.t-mobile.pl/dlafirm/internet/internet-mobilny/cat10047.chtml

This plan above is nice, but other operators in Poland also have nice offers - Orange have lte plan with 999gb data pack for business (link), Play have 200gb data pack and they actually give it for $20/mo in a bundle - 2 sim cards (each with 20gb internet- 1mbps for free after limit is reached, unlimited calls and texting) plus 1 sim card with 200gb data - 1mbps for free after limit is reached.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • dodheimsgard said: Orange have lte plan with 999gb data pack for business (link)

You need to be within 500m of a defined area, the limit otherwise is really 60GB.

• @dodheimsgard: Okay, not bad, but those are for business customers, which is a different category.

Anyway, Canada is expensive in this respect, but this is pretty well-known.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

dodheimsgard said: with 200gb data - 1mbps for free after limit is reached.

Heh, so there's a limit, and the limit is very low.
    1Mbps is completely useless for any purpose in 2018, unless you have it connected to an IoT device reporting you temperature over IRC.

edited October 2018

Cable TV 100+CAD per month.
    Phone + Internet = 200 CAD per month.
    Cell phone = 150 CAD (for a family plan with 50gb cell data all together) per month.

So, one day, I sat down with my family and gave them a choice.

You either kill TV and use torrent & youtube or lose Cell data.

In the end, TV was killed. I myself don't watch TV, so no biggie for me. Netflix is also meaningless to me.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • Funny how this thread changed into conversation about polish sim cards.

anyway. Good luck with your problem, wishing u all the best.

• deank said: You either kill TV and use torrent & youtube or lose Cell data.

Options options...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

deank said: Netflix is also meaningless to me.

as long as you have access to linux isos

• XeiXei Member

Leaseweb needs to get with the times, should not be this hard to force it to turn off if approaching overage status.