Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance shit - Can lowendtalk admin step in? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance shit - Can lowendtalk admin step in?

Comments

• i bought 6 boxes from them and they are still all up, granted I never got the 3y, but only the 1y, which are still very generous offers. 1 in april, 2 in may, last three on the last sempter offers.

The last three offers where suspended for a while because they said they got hacked, they said they had to reinstall so they did after my consent. Truthfully i didn't install my custom distro like I usually do because time so there was probably some old exploit stuff that was exposed, but after I did no more problems.

I think they do the as i call them "ninja shutdowns" as in put your server offline without notice, and don't boot it back up again, but this is something I have seen in basically all the hosting providers here on leb.

Performance wise IO is actually steady above 300mb/s, CPU is on the lower bar, like 1/3 of virmach and even 1/2 of alpharacks (lol) despite it being 2 cores. But they all got quite a lot of ram.
    Although the september offers were kinda scammy since they advertised 4g ram and since the other offers had same RAM/BEANS ratio I though they had 4g swap which was not the case :(
    Network had shitty routing at first then it stabilized, although my network needs are less needy.

For my needs they have provided the best offers, and as others have said it is a brand company, which generally means different offers for different market segments...it is a way to split the customer base

• @AnthonySmith said: Tl;dr do not buy from CC brands.

If I may say so, that may be a bit too much of a blanket statement.

I would distinguish CC-owned providers (e.g., ChicagoVPS) from CC-resellers (e.g., the topic of this thread: HiFormance). It's especially the latter that are risky, especially if they've appeared only recently. There aren't many well-regarded CC-resellers around, but there's at least one, namely, VirMach. (In the meantime, VirMach aren't solely a CC-reseller, but they started out that way.)

CC-owned providers such as ChicagoVPS have improved significantly in recent years.

In any case, I personally would not consider paying three years in advance unless the provider has been around for at least three years.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

angstrom said: If I may say so, that may be a bit too much of a blanket statement.

Yeah maybe, but you know if 8 out of 10 apples make you shit your pants, I think its fair to say it is best not to eat apples.

Any the guy behind the vast majority of the trouble at CVPS i.e. taking money without providing service, identity theft, fraud, blackmail ... the list goes on, is not management at CC which is why you are seeing hosts e.g. hostnamaste not having to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

The core is rotten, dont eat the apple, you will shit your pants eventually.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HostEONS said: You need to increase the price barrier a bit, something similar to this forum

I wont be doing anything, I am simply offering the established domain.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @AnthonySmith said:

angstrom said: If I may say so, that may be a bit too much of a blanket statement.

Yeah maybe, but you know if 8 out of 10 apples make you shit your pants, I think its fair to say it is best not to eat apples.

Any the guy behind the vast majority of the trouble at CVPS i.e. taking money without providing service, identity theft, fraud, blackmail ... the list goes on, is not management at CC which is why you are seeing hosts e.g. hostnamaste not having to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

I agree with your general sentiment, I just wanted to draw finer distinctions, distinguishing CC-owned providers from CC-resellers, and setting aside the relationship between CC and LET/LEB, in particular, the persona of that guy Chris at ChicagoVPS.

• We could simply avoid CC-resellers. We could implement rules for all (new) providers to display a looking glass (on their website or LET post) to see who's behind it. We could avoid Black Friday event (and offers) on LET, while hosting it somewhere else (you know where).

The end is not that nigh now...

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

LET has become WHT 2.0.

Too many posters without any sort of common sense.
    Too many hackforum users
    The list goes on and on.

The end has come and gone. It's just rotting now.

Thanked by 1default
  • this forum has no admin :smile: and rules since that day

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AnthonySmith said:

Never knew CC resellers are a natural laxative.

Next colonoscopy time I'll let the doc know I'm just gonna load up on 3-yr CC deals and shit my brains out for a few days ;)

• Glad I left them. They tried to bribe me into a 3yr deal (think it was Kyle) .

(Some) people keep falling for the same scam and tricks.

Let them suffer as they are hopeless.

• @deank said:
    (Some) people keep falling for the same scam and tricks.

Let them suffer as they are hopeless.

No, just leave :smile:

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2018

@FlamesRunner said:
    Er, isn't the time frame for a PP dispute 180 days?

180 days for PP dispute and for credit card be longer depends on provider, example: Amex can step in even after 180 days

• As bad as HiFormance may be, I think that the OP (= @Chuck) should at least have submitted a ticket before rushing to open a thread.

• @WebProject

So... why can't he open a dispute?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    Theyre a house brand.

The admins have already shown that if you sell their servers, you get free run of the websites, no matter the rules.

Francisco

They listed in LEB like almost every month? I can’t even got one list per a year!, my last one were since September 2017 and began ignored now 😂

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@key900 said:

@Francisco said:
    Theyre a house brand.

The admins have already shown that if you sell their servers, you get free run of the websites, no matter the rules.

Francisco

They listed in LEB like almost every month? I can’t even got one list per a year!, my last one were since September 2017 and began ignored now 😂

Man, i can feel your sadness from over the screen

• key900 said: They listed in LEB like almost every month? I can’t even got one list per a year!, my last one were since September 2017 and began ignored now 😂

buy a rack of CC Buffalo servers and get listed every month too!

Thanked by 1WebProject

@JoeMerit said:

key900 said: They listed in LEB like almost every month? I can’t even got one list per a year!, my last one were since September 2017 and began ignored now 😂

buy a rack of CC Buffalo servers and get listed every month too!

Not going to happen 👍

Thanked by 3WebProject sin Daniel15

Then offer 6 year deals and then make sure to cut them off after 180 days and don't accept Amex.

@armandorg said:

@key900 said:

@Francisco said:
    Theyre a house brand.

Francisco

Man, i can feel your sadness from over the screen

I don’t expect too much tought , All nodes are almost full before got listed :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    @WebProject

So... why can't he open a dispute?

I do believe he can still open a dispute or contact PP for assistance and help with such issue.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@deank your know how to brighten my day up ;-). Your performance never disappoints!

• bapbap Member

You should never expect so much for a provider that makes an unreasonable offer, especially if they give you far below market prices.

• XeiXei Member

Prepaying for service is never a good idea unless it's from reputable brands. Any company can dead pool. I'd only prepay for the biggest hosts but even then I never do more than 6 months aside the cheap yearlies.

• This thread is stupid. 1. CC used to have no bosses. Just Biloh and his band of misfits. 2. They now have bosses at a PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY. Just send a pointed letter to the ceo of Deluxe and the General Legal counsel asking if its in the best interests to have a rogue faction of their company in buffalo doing not so small business friendly stuff. Also deluxe has a small business series on hulu. Comment on all 24 segments. Folks, this aint rocket science. biloh has a boss, you can now send downward pressure so he cleans up this summerhost crap.

• @OmgpleaseRead said:
    This thread is stupid. 1. CC used to have no bosses. Just Biloh and his band of misfits. 2. They now have bosses at a PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY. Just send a pointed letter to the ceo of Deluxe and the General Legal counsel asking if its in the best interests to have a rogue faction of their company in buffalo doing not so small business friendly stuff. Also deluxe has a small business series on hulu. Comment on all 24 segments. Folks, this aint rocket science. biloh has a boss, you can now send downward pressure so he cleans up this summerhost crap.

what the hell is Biloh ?

https://www.facebook.com/bilohpageofficielle/

• OmgpleaseReadOmgpleaseRead Member
    edited October 2018

biloh runs colocrossing . He is a human (we think)

• In conclusion, CC sucks.

• @OmgpleaseRead said:
    biloh runs colocrossing . He is a human (we think)

fake news