Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paperspace account hacked, got billed 150€ anyone else? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paperspace account hacked, got billed 150€ anyone else?

2»

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

Use the "lost password" feature. Change your password. Enable 2FA. Terminate any running instances and API keys

• @FHR said:
    Use the "lost password" feature. Change your password. Enable 2FA. Terminate any running instances and API keys

He changed email. Cant recover.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

as @FHR said.

So how do you know your account is still in use?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2018

@Clouvider said:
    as @FHR said.

So how do you know your account is still in use?

Cause my bank sends me SMS messages of failed transactions. Hes attempting to buy more services on paperspace right now and the support there doesent give a shit.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2018

removed. cant be bothered.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Falzo
  • stefeman said: Cause my bank sends me SMS messages of failed transactions. Hes attempting to buy more services on paperspace right now and the support there doesent give a shit.

Completely disable your card and reissue with a new card number and CVC. That only you can do You cant restore access to Paperspace account.

• Have your bank and perhaps a local legal counsel give proper advice for containing your exposure from this situation. This site can provide ideas but some are financially naïve, some financially irresponsible, and some think to know everything, and finally some think having mommys credit card makes them an expert. GET SOUND LEGAL HELP FROM BANK< POLICE AND OTHERS

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2018

Their security team finally shut the account down. (YES NO MORE SMS SPAM) Im also getting refunded of all fraudulent charges.

Ending words to this 2 days drama..

Fucking finally.. Maybe its a good company afterall, but they should really react to abuse faster and close hacked accounts at moments notice, if not to protect the customer, then at least to protect their own network and require email verification for email changes.

But it doesent change the fact im gonna close this card as I get my money back.

• Good news. Setup text alerts on all your CC transactions from now on. Its sometimes annoying but saves a lot of headaches.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    Fucking finally.. Maybe its a good company afterall,

See. Next time do less drama.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @Clouvider said:

@stefeman said:
    Fucking finally.. Maybe its a good company afterall,

See. Next time do less drama.

I know you liked it.

• My one was hacked too. Howewer their Support team get my money back.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

PMS comes and goes. They can't help it.

• deank said: PMS comes and goes. They can't help it.

The end in the middle

• Paperspace left papertrail...

• Someone takes responsibility for something. sigh of relief.