Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DevCapsule deadpooling
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DevCapsule deadpooling

RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
edited November 2018 in Providers

Looks like it's a goner.

Hi Me,

We have some sad news to share, DevCapsule will be closing on the 4th of November 2018 (30 Days from now)

It's been a good two years but after a series of discussions we've decided to close the doors.

What happens next?

You can no longer deploy VM's or add Credit at DevCapsule.

All Virtual Machine's will be stopped and deleted on the 4th of November.

If you would like to request a refund for unused credit after you have cleared all of your virtual machines from your account, you must do so by the 19th of November 2018 (45 Days from now). Please submit a ticket in the control panel to make this request.

On behalf of everyone at DevCapsule, I’d like to thank you for your custom over the past two years. If there’s anything we can help with over the next 30 days please submit a ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan H
DevCapsule

Comments

• Just a cloud vaporization.

• This is standard closure, not deadpool.

Deadpool is when you hit and run. Typical schema:

1. Create website with themeforest template;
    2. Rent few servers from OVH, Online.net, Hetzner or any other provider;
    3. Set yearly pricing to attract some cheapskates;
    4. Advertise on LET with "yes, we are legit" attitude;
    5. Wait for 2 - 3 months to generate income;
    6. Buy some Steam games;
    7. Deadpool and bring the drama to LET lurkers.

Schema popularized by hosts such as GVH and constantly updated by various scammers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

LTniger said: Buy some Steam games;

LOL

Anyway people have to say "deadpool" even when its clear and obvious that is not the case because they are addicted to drama and spewing bile when the slightest opportunity arises.

• It's a shame, I used them a few months back and have nothing negative to say for their service. It was always reliable during the time I used them.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

LOL

Anyway people have to say "deadpool" even when its clear and obvious that is not the case because they are addicted to drama and spewing bile when the slightest opportunity arises.

I mean, not long ago the main man boy left(?) and started https://www.aulerion.com/ most likely couldn't find someone to take his place.

• @AnthonySmith said:

LOL

Chances are the summerhost probably won't be buying games legit

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@LTniger said:
    This is standard closure, not deadpool.

I disagree. The word "deadpooling " and "deadpool" when used with a company just means it is closing/closed.

For example use see:https://techcrunch.com/2006/06/03/foldcomfolds/ , https://techcrunch.com/tag/deadpool/

• @donli said:

@LTniger said:

I disagree. The word "deadpooling " and "deadpool" when used with a company just means it is closing/closed.

In LET forum deadpool means: flipflop and run with money. Nothing else.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@LTniger said:

@donli said:

@LTniger said:

In LET forum deadpool means: flipflop and run with money. Nothing else.

“When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited October 2018

Deadpool:

the figurative outcome when betting on someone's financial demise or virtual death; "cheapskates and shoeminers had a dead pool where they would gamble on which summerhost would die next"

LTniger said: when you hit and run

that's SCAM (and deadpooling is a mean to that)

• This is a shame - their VPS's performed well for me (although support was not particularly fast recently).

• jhjh Member

I mean, not long ago the main man boy left(?) and started https://www.aulerion.com/ most likely couldn't find someone to take his place.

Just me or is that website down?

• Last week I opened a ticket asking when will their LA location be restocked. Their answer was next month.

• Typical scheme, rent from OVH and resell five times more expensive and five times less specs like a many does.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Hukin said:
    Typical scheme, rent from OVH and resell five times more expensive and five times less specs like a many does.

They owned the hardware and weren't at OVH..?

• Rhys said: They owned the hardware and weren't at OVH..?

Just example. Rent or own hardware in same DC not really matters for client.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

I guess he thought he is putting his own and left the company.
    Short afterwards, they shut it down.

• I requested for a refund and they rejected it saying my credit are promotional. My $100 is gone.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@seikan said:
    I requested for a refund and they rejected it saying my credit are promotional. My $100 is gone.

Were they ?

• @Clouvider said:

@seikan said:
    I requested for a refund and they rejected it saying my credit are promotional. My $100 is gone.

Were they ?

Yes. It was a my mistake to jump in this pool 3 months ago.

Having a lot deploying issues with them at the beginning. I eventually asked them to cancel and refund twice because my machines never booted up.

After few days they fixed it but they convinced me to stay. At last I gave them a chance, and now my money gone with them.

• @seikan

IMO you're not really owed anything if it's promo credit

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @seikan

IMO you're not really owed anything if it's promo credit

Yes, indeed. I added £100.00 GBP and my credit is £200.00 GBP.

I only created 2 £4.00 VM 2 months ago. How possible I can used up the credit?

This is totally unfair right? You are closing your business and just assume my credits are promotional and took away all the money?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hmm, above screenshot doesn't prove anything though?

• @seikan

Fair enough, I'd say you're entitled to £92 of your funds back given the information you've posted. Worse case scenario, if you're in the 180 day window for a PP dispute, try that route and getting a partial refund. That is, if you can't convince the provider to change their mind.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Just an update from me for those who are curious.

I contacted DevCapsule but they no longer respond to me. I opened a dispute from PayPal for a refund of £80 with explanation and some proves.

Today I got an email from PayPal informing that my dispute has been accepted and I got my £80 back.

• chuljinchuljin Member
    edited December 2018

Yes, pity...they were...OK.

• AlaxonaAlaxona Member, LIR

seikan said: I contacted DevCapsule but they no longer respond to me.

TBH in August me personally I never received the answer from them for my question about limits. So it is not uncommon.

But service was cool anyway.
    Someone knows such easy and not expensive service for running VMs and announcing ipv6/ipv4 ?

• AlaxonaAlaxona Member, LIR

@Jack said:

Alaxona said: Someone knows such easy and not expensive service for running VMs and announcing ipv6/ipv4 ?

Hey! :)

My question is real.
    Here http://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html it was the sole easy service with VM and announces. So may be someone know another one.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Alaxona said:

@Jack said:

Alaxona said: Someone knows such easy and not expensive service for running VMs and announcing ipv6/ipv4 ?

Hey! :)

My question is real.
    Here http://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html it was the sole easy service with VM and announces. So may be someone know another one.

You’re looking for BGP but can’t spot an obvious offer from @Jack? C’mon...

Thanked by 1DeletedUser