Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vpn on vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vpn on vps

Any ideas why I'm not getting more than 1mbps internet speed via VPN pptp protocol?
I don't see any load issues or network issues speeds of vps or my internet and neither pachet losses or routing issues when tracerouting and mtr.

Comments

• Did you try contacting namecheap support?

Thanked by 4gol3m pike Hukin ehab
  • Must be Russian hackers, buddy.

Thanked by 3gol3m pike Hukin
  • @quick said:
    Did you try contacting namecheap support?

Wrong thread, this has nothing to do with namecheap my other thread was dedicated to another problem.

• @Daverno said:

@quick said:

Wrong thread, this has nothing to do with namecheap my other thread was dedicated to another problem.

Isp is probably full of russian and ukrainian staff

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @quick said:

@Daverno said:

@quick said:

Can confirm, saw vodka on their contact page photo...

Thanked by 2quick Tumbleguy1
  • When Russian ukrainean people attacks you with drama and trolling because they don't wanna agree on their countries situation. Admin help.

• @Daverno said:
    Admin help.

Thanked by 2JohnMiller92 Hukin
  • @quick said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Why is this all about Russian or Ukrainian?
    Business is business, isn't it?

• I think the title is wrong... why VPN on VPS? Maybe you got it all wrong, and it's VPS on VPN (like a server inside a network).

• @default said:
    I think the title is wrong... why VPN on VPS? Maybe you got it all wrong, and it's VPS on VPN (like a server inside a network).

I'm running vpn inside an vps...
    So manny trollers and experts on here 🙄

• @Daverno said:

@default said:
    I think the title is wrong... why VPN on VPS? Maybe you got it all wrong, and it's VPS on VPN (like a server inside a network).

I'm running vpn inside an vps...
    So manny trollers and experts on here 🙄

How's it going towarisch?

• @Daverno said:
    So manny trollers and experts on here

Try forming a specific question to get a specific answer. There are many things that can make your connection low, from crypto to wireless, from configs to protocols, from usage to firewalls.

Forming a general question (like "why is my computer slow" or "why do I get low bandwidth") will only attract trolling and comic answers, because it means you did not do some research to post it here as guidance to specifics.

"repetitio mater studiorum est"

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • What did you use to set up your VPN? I had similar issues with OpenVPN. SoftEther has been perfect with no issues on my end.

• People still use PPTP? Why?

• @shallownorthdakota said:
    People still use PPTP? Why?

Easy to set up? Privacy not a concern?

• setup wireguard. fast as hell.

Thanked by 1Daverno
  • @zkyez said:

@shallownorthdakota said:
    People still use PPTP? Why?

Easy to set up? Privacy not a concern?

Easy to setup, privacy not a really big concern as I just wanna avoid public places risks and my phone has integration with it, so no additional software.

• @hyperblast said:
    setup wireguard. fast as hell.

Wireguard looks awesome but I will need to use an app for it on my phone - additional bit of battery waste.

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

This is also build in natively, I might give it a try and see if any difference in speed VS pptp

• hzrhzr Member

Daverno said: When Russian ukrainean people attacks you with drama and trolling because they don't wanna agree on their countries situation. Admin help.

I can assure you that the people responding below you are Chinese, not Russian or Ukraine

• @Daverno: for android phone use https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.wireguard.android/ (official app from the wg project)

• @hzr said:

Daverno said: When Russian ukrainean people attacks you with drama and trolling because they don't wanna agree on their countries situation. Admin help.

I can assure you that the people responding below you are Chinese, not Russian or Ukraine

I like Chinese people why they so mean 😔 😢

• HukinHukin Member
    edited October 2018

He's victim by his old babysitter :smiley:

• Daverno said: I'm running vpn inside an vps...

Try to run vps inside vpn may be it helps.

Thanked by 2Yura Tumbleguy1
  • @Daverno said:

@hyperblast said:
    setup wireguard. fast as hell.

Wireguard looks awesome but I will need to use an app for it on my phone - additional bit of battery waste.

Unless you have a Windows or BlackBerry phone, this doesn't check out. There's wire guard clients for all but Windows.

• @Hukin said:
    He's victim by his old babysitter :smiley:

You're a victim of mental retardation.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Daverno said:
    Any ideas why I'm not getting more than 1mbps internet speed via VPN pptp protocol?
    I don't see any load issues or network issues speeds of vps or my internet and neither pachet losses or routing issues when tracerouting and mtr.

First try to download something directly from your VPS to your home system and see how much speed are you getting ?

May be it's just slow network/routing between your PC and VPS

Also try some other type of VPN like OpenVPN or L2TP as it's possible that your ISP is throttling PPTP

• VPN is the answer as ... The least possibility of low transfer rate is your ISP..

VPS to local machine transfer is not that fast at all I saw many times.

Buona fortuna

• HukinHukin Member
    edited October 2018

Daverno said: Daverno

You can continue to fall, nazimoron kid )

This discussion has been closed.