Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternatives to SolusVM? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternatives to SolusVM?

2»

Comments

• We currently use virtualizor. We were using solusvm but moved due to lake of support.

• Virtualizor is one of the best alternative.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @FHR said:

NGDatacenter said: Openstack

Openstack has a huge management overhead and is not suitable for small installs.

You're right about that. If you host 1000+ vps you can use openstack. For lower numbers, solusvm may be preferred.

• Virtualizor, almost 2 year using it, no issue.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:
    This is by far the best alternative https://www.ispsystem.com/software/vmmanager. Yep, russian, but quality is miles better then indias virtualizor with their india support. Try and you will see.

I've used ISPSystem like 8-9 years ago when i used to offer FreeBSD Jail based VPS but their support wasn't really good at that time.

Not sure how it is these days.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2018

@NGDatacenter said:

@FHR said:

NGDatacenter said: Openstack

Openstack has a huge management overhead and is not suitable for small installs.

You're right about that. If you host 1000+ vps you can use openstack. For lower numbers, solusvm may be preferred.

Openstack is pretty iffy. There's many stories of an error happening and no logging or debug happens.

I'm positive maounique told at least 1 or 2 stories where they had a 8 hour outage on their cluster because some error happened and all they got back in logs or things like that was a single 0 or something like that.

It's just a huge platform to maintain with countless moving parts. They brag about how the code base is 4 million lines long..like that's a good thing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

@Francisco said:
    I'm positive maounique told at least 1 or 2 stories where they had a 8 hour outage on their cluster because some error happened and all they got back in logs or things like that was a single 0 or something like that.

That was Cloudstack, but yes both are very similarly mental in the way they work and quite scary that the orchestration that manages the 'HA' can go tits up with no useful output.

I hear Openstack has improved a lot since I last tested it many moons ago, though.

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Solus is hard to beat in my IMHO.

Virtualizor is good but a little quirky.

Proxmox is great but if you need to use it with whmcs you will get lots of pain finding a good module to use. Great API though.

• virt-install