Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Job - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Job

2»

Comments

• @Dedicadude said:
    What the hell haha 😂 poor OP now his job hunting thread becomes a food blog.

Btw, $300/mo oh man that’s like the same price of a 4gb e3 dedicadude server in cyberjaya or something... malaysia is surely among the most expensive location and stingy bandwidth provider I’ve ever known...

I'm patriotic. I don't mind renting a server $100/month for a guaranteed 1Mbps bandwidth port in Malaysia. /s

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

creep said: I'm patriotic. I don't mind renting a server $100/month for a guaranteed 1Mbps bandwidth port in Malaysia. /s

LOL. It's like HK prices 10 years ago :D

Thanked by 1Dedicadude
  • Still in to my core interest for a job, lol. We have so many things happening here haha. Its turning out to be a food thread.

• gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member
    edited September 2018

I am from Sri Lanka and earn 600 USD a month from job and about 700USD a month from freelancing.
    And my personal expenses are only about 70USD a month. Rest I can save.
    I live a very comfortable middle class life. Today my food expenses cost me only about 0.80 cents USD. (two omlette buns, one sausage bun and an egg bun with salad and 3 cups of milk tea.) A decent rice and curry plate costs me about 80cents USD.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I am living in the wrong place, just bought a salad and 6 tomatoes, cost £4 or $5.22 ish.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I am living in the wrong place, just bought a salad and 6 tomatoes, cost £4 or $5.22 ish.

In Colombo you can get that for like 1 dollar.

• @gwnd1989 said:
    I am from Sri Lanka and earn 600 USD a month from job and about 700USD a month from freelancing.
    I live a very comfortable middle class life. Today my food expenses cost me only about 0.80 cents USD. (two omlette buns, one sausage bun and an egg bun with salad and 3 cups of milk tea.) A decent rice and curry plate costs me about 80cents USD.

Around here, 0.80 usd is a simple expresso around the corner, somewhere not fancy...
    ....wtf am I doing here... ...please tell me all about how aweful everything is there or I'll cry myself to sleep.

• @404error said:

@gwnd1989 said:

Around here, 0.80 usd is a simple expresso around the corner, somewhere not fancy...
    ....wtf am I doing here... ...please tell me all about how aweful everything is there or I'll cry myself to sleep.

People suck here. Religious, lazy and passive aggressive. People litter everywhere. Riding public transport is like a ride in hell in a death trap.

Roads are dirty and with slow moving traffic, people do not know how to drive.

Yes we have universal free healthcare, free education up to degree level. Even free food and stuff if you are from a village.

Food is so cheap that I can still survive without no income at all.

My target is to migrate as soon as I can. Just don't want to raise my kids here. People are horrible.

gwnd1989 said: People suck here. Religious, lazy and passive aggressive. People litter everywhere. Riding public transport is like a ride in hell in a death trap.

Roads are dirty and with slow moving traffic, people do not know how to drive.

Yes we have universal free healthcare, free education up to degree level. Even free food and stuff if you are from a village.

Food is so cheap that I can still survive without no income at all.

My target is to migrate as soon as I can. Just don't want to raise my kids here. People are horrible.

So what part of England is that?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: So what part of England is that?

Scotland?

Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland!

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In Canada, a guy needs to make 10,000 CAD a month for a decent living.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2018

deank said: In Canada, a guy needs to make 10,000 CAD a month for a decent living.

I feel so bad for you, so bad, that I am having a hard time expressing just how bad I feel for you.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2018

@deank said:
    In Canada, a guy needs to make 10,000 CAD a month for a decent living.

but that Justin Trudeau is so hot. I would happily throw 10,000 CAD a month in toilet to keep him/her as Canada Prime Minister.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/did-trudeau-just-create-an-ambassador-for-abortion

edited September 2018

AnthonySmith said: I am living in the wrong place, just bought a salad and 6 tomatoes, cost £4 or $5.22 ish.

Honestly speaking, there is probably nowhere properly nice and cheap.

I think the best bet is to go for the 'poorest' developed country. That probably get's you the best of both, which is basically how I ended up spending a good chunk of my time in Lithunia.

You think UK is expensive? Try Hong Kong ;)

Lithuania is getting more and more expensive really fast, but of course compared to the UK is still cheap. But quality of life is good.

I think it must be the case that if the general quality of life is good, and things around you are safe, clean, and functioning reasonably well, prices will inevitably rise towards the average.

Buy up property in those 'cheap', 'up and coming' places, and you're basically set for life (assuming you buy enough to earn rent, and not just for living in). If prices don't rise, your initial cost is relatively small, so you don't lose much. If prices rise, then your income rises proportionally (more or less) so you're basically locking in your living standard.

But worry not. UK £ will fall after Brexit, and if you earn $, then you can boost your income ;)

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • How the hello you guys make money o kine and do living ?

I'm from Asian countries... Seems Germany is hell for Asians .. also Canada... !

Chuck said: I would happily throw 10,000 CAD a month in toilet to keep him/her as Canada Prime Minister.

Did you just push your idea of binary gender specifics on the Prime Minster?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Chuck said: I would happily throw 10,000 CAD a month in toilet to keep him/her as Canada Prime Minister.

Did you just push your idea of binary gender specifics on the Prime Minster?

Xir/xim (xi/xou/xhey)

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
    How the hello you guys make money o kine and do living ?

I'm from Asian countries... Seems Germany is hell for Asians .. also Canada... !

Asian or South Asian?
    Germany should be hell for South Asians since they are lazy, very lazy.

• @gwnd1989 said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:
    How the hello you guys make money o kine and do living ?

Asian or South Asian?
    Germany should be hell for South Asians since they are lazy, very lazy.

Yes. Lazy people in south Asia but not all.

AnthonySmith said: Did you just push your idea of binary gender specifics on the Prime Minster?

Yes he they did. The pig!

• Most EU needs to pay a lot for VAT and most “first world” countries pay big amount of GST, no wonder the cheque is fat... I dont mind earning that little as long as the government don’t rob the living hell out of my bank. I’m from the SEA and trying hard to make ends meet and provide food for my kids... im a poor dude, please donate me a free dedicadude server so I can put adsense and pay you twice after 12-months 😌👍🏻

Dedicadude said: Most EU needs to pay a lot for VAT and most “first world” countries pay big amount of GST

I think in the EU, well over 50% (on average) of people's earnings end up in the government coffers through various taxes.

Think of it like this.

In the UK, where taxes are quite a bit lower than the EU average, if you earn about 30k, you immediately pay about 7k just in income tax and national insurance. Then any discretionary spending you make carries a VAT rate of 20%.

If you have a car, you pay road tax, and you pay extra taxes on fuel. Road tax is probably at least 150 /yr for most people, and if you drive a normal, reasonably efficient car doing 10,000 miles per year, that would probably cost around 2k/yr in fuel, of which 1.2K is tax.

Non-discretionary spending such as on food, gas, electricity, often have lower rates of VAT, but they still something is applied on most things. Lets assume 5% for arguments sake, and basic living costs come to about 6k/yr, so that's another 300 in tax.

Rent averages at about 8k /yr and people might save 10% of their income (3k), so that leaves about 3.85k /yr for discretionary spending, of which 20% will end up being paid towards VAT.

So at least 9.42K /year out of 30k goes to tax. And that assumes you're only on a 20% tax bracket with a 12k tax free allowance.

It's obviously much worse in places like Sweden where average tax bracket is like 50%, VAT is 25%, and fewer allowances (they tax food at 12% and rentals at 6%!).

So in Sweden, it is a given that as a percentage of your paycheck, probably close to 75% ends up in the gov's coffers.

• @Dedicadude

If you need hosting, I'd be happy to allocate some space on my BuyShared reseller plan.

Thanked by 1Dedicadude
  • @Ympker said:

@jiggawattz said:

@Ympker said:

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

I kind of understand now why all factories are moving to Asia.....

If that sounds like a lot to you try Germany. Here the minimum wage per hour is 8,84€ ;)

What? There is no minimum wage in Germany.

There is a corporatist economy in which members of the corpus (e.g., trade unions, industry groups, etc) negotiate and set prices / wages for things, but there are literally some people in eastern Germany receiving 0.5 - 1 EUR per hour + lots of social assistance.

The minimum wage of 8,84€ is naturally to be applied in all of Germany as per law. Of course there are companies that don't pay what they should, find loopholes and whatnot. There will always companies that try not to abide the law. Also self employed individuals obviously earn a different sum. As for me anyway all companies I've worked for as a student have paid the minimum wage (or more).

So, if i am to understand correctly, the minimal wage in Germany is 7072EUR/month / 2= 3536EUR/month?

• @Janevski said:

@Ympker said:

@jiggawattz said:

@Ympker said:

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

I kind of understand now why all factories are moving to Asia.....

If that sounds like a lot to you try Germany. Here the minimum wage per hour is 8,84€ ;)

What? There is no minimum wage in Germany.

There is a corporatist economy in which members of the corpus (e.g., trade unions, industry groups, etc) negotiate and set prices / wages for things, but there are literally some people in eastern Germany receiving 0.5 - 1 EUR per hour + lots of social assistance.

The minimum wage of 8,84€ is naturally to be applied in all of Germany as per law. Of course there are companies that don't pay what they should, find loopholes and whatnot. There will always companies that try not to abide the law. Also self employed individuals obviously earn a different sum. As for me anyway all companies I've worked for as a student have paid the minimum wage (or more).

So, if i am to understand correctly, the minimal wage in Germany is 7072EUR/month / 2= 3536EUR/month?

your math level is beyond godlike. How do you come up with 7072eur ?

Thanked by 1Dedicadude
  • I am still looking for a job guys. Let me know if any positions are available.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

S. Korea and Japan, their living cost is as high as any first world nations.

But then both are highly developed countries, probably more than most EU nations.

• @tazonline said:
    I am still looking for a job guys. Let me know if any positions are available.

2 persons both rejected you?