Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Job
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Job

Hello,

Looking for a live chat / live support job @ $300 per month. Willing to work 8 hour shifts over night.

Located in South East Asia.

Preferred time, 8PM ET to 5PM ET.

Experience over 3 years on hosting.

Thank You,
Taz

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Send in your resume to [email protected]

• @BharatB said:
    Send in your resume to [email protected]

Will email you shorty.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

We are looking for the suitable candidates as well, please send your resume at "[email protected]".

• $300 per month......

I kind of understand now why all factories are moving to Asia.....

• @dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

Unfortunately that amount is something similar to what a Peruvian would get too.

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

It wasn't that long ago that Lithuanians would work for 300 EUR /m. Now the minimum is about 500-600 EUR.

Lithuanian wages are catching up quick, but still cheap when compared with western European states.

Asia is mostly cheap once you exclude HK, SG, JP, KR and TW.

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • tesla just built factory in china.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

That's a normal wage here aswell

• @dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

If that sounds like a lot to you try Germany. Here the minimum wage per hour is 8,84€ ;)

Thanked by 1armandorg

@Ympker said:

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

If that sounds like a lot to you try Germany. Here the minimum wage per hour is 8,84€ ;)

Did you count German taxes? They take half of your wage, : )

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

What? There is no minimum wage in Germany.

There is a corporatist economy in which members of the corpus (e.g., trade unions, industry groups, etc) negotiate and set prices / wages for things, but there are literally some people in eastern Germany receiving 0.5 - 1 EUR per hour + lots of social assistance.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2018

@jiggawattz said:

@Ympker said:

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

What? There is no minimum wage in Germany.

There is a corporatist economy in which members of the corpus (e.g., trade unions, industry groups, etc) negotiate and set prices / wages for things, but there are literally some people in eastern Germany receiving 0.5 - 1 EUR per hour + lots of social assistance.

The minimum wage of 8,84€ is naturally to be applied in all of Germany as per law. Of course there are companies that don't pay what they should, find loopholes and whatnot. There will always companies that try not to abide the law. Also self employed individuals obviously earn a different sum. As for me anyway all companies I've worked for as a student have paid the minimum wage (or more).

• creepcreep Member
    edited September 2018

@dedipromo said:
    $300 per month......

sadly thats South East Asia for you. USD$300 is a minimum wage in Malaysia, average wage is USD$500 per month.

but things are cheaper here, for just $5 a day you can have breakfast lunch and dinner.

petrol/gas are subsidized, so you can get 1 liter for $0.50 USD (RON 95). healthcare are heavily subsidized as well, most outpatient cases just needed $0.25 USD bill and get your meds (paracetamol, insulin, benadryl, ibuprofen, valium, ventolin, bong, etc)

education is cheaper too. Cant tell much about Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam but I know their average salary is lower than Singapore and Malaysia.

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • creepcreep Member
    edited September 2018

-

@creep said:
    education is cheaper too. Cant tell much about Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam but I know their average salary is lower than Singapore and Malaysia.

Most of the people in those countries you mentioned end up in slavery.

• @armandorg said:

@creep said:

A lot of them (including Bangladesh and Nepal) work here in Malaysia because many Malaysians dont think they deserve USD$300 a month, its a slavery like you said. But for me, if you live in Malaysia and earn that money, you actually live a good life (well being minimalist of course, no luxury stuff no marriage no whores).

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • @creep said:

@armandorg said:

@creep said:

A lot of them (including Bangladesh and Nepal) work here in Malaysia because many Malaysians dont think they deserve USD$300 a month, its a slavery like you said. But for me, if you live in Malaysia and earn that money, you actually live a good life (well being minimalist of course, no luxury stuff no marriage no whores).

Nepalese Security Guards. Gurkhas.

Thanked by 1creep
  • Access2ITAccess2IT Member, Host Rep, LIR

Maybe you can find a job/freelance on https://www.freelancer.com/

• Ympker said: The minimum wage of 8,84€ is naturally to be applied in all of Germany as per law.

You're right - this is new as of 2015.

Previously there wasn't a minimum wage in Germany.

creep said: sadly thats South East Asia for you. USD$300 is a minimum wage in Malaysia, average wage is USD$500 per month.

This is after taxes. The reason petrol, education and the like so cheap is because of the government. The total cost to employ someone in Malaysia is not as cheap as that.

• @jiggawattz said:

Ympker said: The minimum wage of 8,84€ is naturally to be applied in all of Germany as per law.

You're right - this is new as of 2015.

Previously there wasn't a minimum wage in Germany.

creep said: sadly thats South East Asia for you. USD$300 is a minimum wage in Malaysia, average wage is USD$500 per month.

This is after taxes. The reason petrol, education and the like so cheap is because of the government. The total cost to employ someone in Malaysia is not as cheap as that.

yeah, was referring the minimum wage for jobs that dont require higher education (Diploma and above).

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited September 2018

$300 per month......

My sister's husband earns 7k$ per month (exempt from taxes as gov employee).
    He is just "listening to" some_foreing_countries_around_ex_soviet_union working for the ministry of defence. He has tons of free time, paid long leave and other perks.

How on earth the US can afford such waste of money... probably thanks to Asian countries who work incredibly hard for 300$.

• Lol, Maybe I asked for a bit less for $300 per month.

@tazonline said:
    Lol, Maybe I asked for a bit less for $300 per month.

If you live for example some random place in africa, wih 300$ you rich.

tsoft said: My sister's husband earns 7k$ per month

Where does he live?

Though it's a not nothing, it's not much in many places around the world.

Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York, $7k is kind of peanuts.

In Hong Kong, you're basically living an average middle class life style. A small decent flat easily costs $2 - $3k /month. If you want a car, that's at least another $1k (just for parking, insurance, and petrol). Tax will be about $1k. So after living in a decent (small) apartment, paying for your car and paying for tax, you only have about 2-3k left!

Of course if you dont need a car, you probably won't have 1, so that saves you 1k /month. But you can see it's not that much when living costs are so high.

Thanked by 1Chuck

armandorg said: If you live for example some random place in africa, wih 300$ you rich.

Only in relative terms. And only relative to your neighbors.

$300 is probably a lot in many parts of the world, but no matter what, you cannot afford western levels of luxury with that kind of money. Being in a poor country does not make expensive things cheaper. In fact, in many poor countries, expensive luxury items tend to be more expensive than they would be in rich countries.

So yeah $300 in some places can probably afford a 'good' life in some places, in the sense that it would be more than enough to live comfortably (pay for housing, food, and buy other useless things), but it wont allow them to buy things like the latest smart phones, luxury clothes, luxury cars... etc.

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

@creep said:

but things are cheaper here, for just $5 a day you can have breakfast lunch and dinner.

$5/day eat what? nasi lemak for brunch? tempoyak for dinner? no worries i heard your new government will increase the minimum wage to $500/mo within 5 years period...

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2018

The whole 'but people get paid more elsewhere' argument is a fallacy and a bore. People can become economic migrants if they choose to, by physically moving to higher paid countries.

Otherwise, if you had it the way of "everyone around the globe should be paid equally", you'd have daft amounts of inflation.

You may as well just use helicopter money and give everyone £100K. Watch the price of a load of bread shoot up to £10.

Anyways OP, good luck in your job hunt.

Dedicadude said: $5/day eat what?

$5 is more than ample in Malaysia if you don't eat too much meat.

Heck, I could live on $2 /day in the UK if I really tried (and I have! back in my Uni days, I would live on £1 /day food budget to save money!)

• creepcreep Member
    edited September 2018

@Dedicadude said:

@creep said:

$5/day eat what? nasi lemak for brunch? tempoyak for dinner? no worries i heard your new government will increase the minimum wage to $500/mo within 5 years period...

$5 = ~MYR20

breakfast RM3 (roti canai + teh tarik)

lunch RM8 (nasi campur + chinese tea)

dinner RM5 (nasi kosong tapau mamak + 3 kepak ayam pasar malam)

balance RM4 saving x30 = RM120 pay VPSes.

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

What the hell haha 😂 poor OP now his job hunting thread becomes a food blog.

Btw, $300/mo oh man that’s like the same price for a 4gb e3 dedicadude server in cyrberjaya or something... malaysia is surely among the most expensive location and stingy bandwidth provider I’ve ever known...