Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from Germany planning to use the new O2 Unlimited Mobile Data plan? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone from Germany planning to use the new O2 Unlimited Mobile Data plan?

2»

Comments

• @user54321 said:

@Ympker said:

@torrbox said:

@yongsiklee said:
    Unlimited does not mean "not limited." It means it is "Understandably limited."

How is it understandably limited when they don't limit you? I "pay" for 1GB + 1 mbit/s throttled and it seems they let you pull the whole possible 250GB a month (possibly each, up and down), over 3G even, so I don't see why they would limit anyone on the far more expensive plan.

Given that the avg. speed you get with LTE is only 17-23 Mbit/s anyway I also don't see them limiting the most paying users any further.

on o2?
    i get this at home

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4233482013
    and at work it is even faster

Yeah. They even state this with * at their "LTE Max." tag:

Highspeed-Datenvolumen für mobiles Surfen mit bis zu 225 MBit/s (im Durchschnitt/Average 26 MBit/s; Upload bis zu 50 MBit/s, im Durchschnitt 14,2 MBit/s) im dt. O2 Mobilfunknetz

• user54321 said: average incomme russia 8.542 € germany 38.497 €

they have to be cheaper or nobody would be able to afford their stuff

That not a real reason, but of course income matters. Newest hardware can handle cheap unmetered internet easy. Many operators still not upgrade their towers from many years and keep sucks, that reason for keep high prices avoid overloads.

• I get 4/2 mbit/s inside and 15/5 outside in my area. It's sufficient for me, but under no circumstances would I pay 60€ a month for that.