Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from Germany planning to use the new O2 Unlimited Mobile Data plan?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone from Germany planning to use the new O2 Unlimited Mobile Data plan?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited September 2018 in General

So O2 finally pushed an Unlimited Allnet Flat Plan (O2 Free Unlimited) for 60€/mo and/or O2 my All in One (very attractive imho) where you get an Allnet Flat along with unlimited mobile data + "O2 connect" which includes 2 Multsim cards of your plan that can data+phone and 7 data sim cards of your plan free of charge. So sharing among friends never was easier if they have a dualsim phone (they just take the O2 Unlimited data card and a prepaid sim for phoning). On top of that you get a 50 Mbit/s VDSL Home Internet + 23GB LTE when roaming in EU.

Currently 3-4 friends of mine and me are looking to jump on that one as O2 coverage in our area is good (especially since it's unlimited LTE not just 3G) and overall O2 has been a good experience for me.

Anyway thought I'd share in case anyone is interested to grab that offer or has missed it.

Kind regards,

Ympker

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Seems like a nice offer. Possible pitfall here is that people will start abusing them and will kill the service quality across the entire network.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider said:
    Seems like a nice offer. Possible pitfall here is that people will start abusing them and will kill the service quality across the entire network.

True that. Tbh. O2 mobile speaks of their LTE Max. with 225 Mbit/s Down / 50 Up and well..the avg. you get is 17-23 Mbit/s Download in my case(to be fair they mention the avg. speed that is waaay below 225 Mbit/s which makes it look transperent) ...which is still enough for streaming HD Netflix, YT, Spotify browse the web etc. so I don't care as the 225 Mbits is split among all the O2 users in a mobile "cell" radius anyway. What makes the deal interesting imho is the additional 2 Multicards and 7 data sim cards all with unlimited data LTE free of extra charge + 23GB for roaming in EU :- )

On the paper O2 coverage doesn't stick up to Vodafone/Telekom. But they charge like 30€/mo per extra sim afaik and overall more than O2 does. Plus having a dualsim phone Ive had a prepaid telekom sim and often it had worse reception than my O2 sim. Anyway you get what you pay for and O2 works out for my use case / regions so that's aight by me.

• Is there a link to this thing as i've some relatives in .de that might be interested. Having some trouble finding it on the website. :D

• @xaoc said:
    Is there a link to this thing as i've some relatives in .de that might be interested. Having some trouble finding it on the website. :D

There you go: https://www.o2online.de/tarife/o2-mehr-geht-nicht/

Covers both O2 Free Unlimited und O2 my all in one :)

• @Ympker said:

@xaoc said:
    Is there a link to this thing as i've some relatives in .de that might be interested. Having some trouble finding it on the website. :D

Gratitude!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @xaoc said:

@Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

Gratitude!

Np mate! What I forgot is that it even covers home phone flatrate for phoning (like the regular phone at home not mobile).

• @Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

@Ympker said:

@xaoc said:

Gratitude!

Np mate! What I forgot is that it even covers home phone flatrate for phoning (like the regular phone at home not mobile).

Yup it's a great plan for a big family. Lots of use cases imo. Can probably resell it as well xD(/s)

• niknik Member, Host Rep

O2 coverage sucks compared to DTAG and Vodafone, so I would rather pay 20 EUR more and get the DTAG unlimited plan.

Thanked by 1farnox
  • @nik said:
    O2 coverage sucks compared to DTAG and Vodafone, so I would rather pay 20 EUR more and get the DTAG unlimited plan.

As I said O2 was great for me in my region so far. Also when in holidays roaming worked good and in Erlangen (where I'm from) but also Nuremberg/Würzburg/Leipzig I always had good connection with O2. Can't complain. My Telekom sim someimes had even worss reception actually.

• lol hope to see something similar in the US...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If you know someone in the Bundeswehr they can get three 15€/m unlimited plans on the Vodafone network.

• @pike: do you have some more detailed information about this bundeswehr-offer?

• @hyperblast said:
    @pike: do you have some more detailed information about this bundeswehr-offer?

Bundeswehr = Army

Thanked by 1pike
  • I use their unmetered 1 mbit/s 3G offer because I got it for nearly free as part of a super special promo offer. Reception is perfect here. (3G and 4G).

For 10€ you can sometimes get "10GB Telekom LTE" (from mobilcom debitel) , but I would still choose O2 unlimited if I had friends to share it with. Just for bragging rights.😂

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • i know what bundeswehr is. i want to know more about this 15e / plan .

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2018

@hyperblast https://www.foeg.de/ you need a soldier to join this org, pay member fees ofc, then you can get up to three vodafone contracts for 15€/m each unlimited. At least it was like this some years ago.

• i would never go with o2 or vodafone, both don't have IPv6 so Telekom and their resellers are the only option. Currently having 4 GB LTE for 5,99€ on telekom, that is enough for me.

• @user54321 said:
    i would never go with o2 or vodafone, both don't have IPv6 so Telekom and their resellers are the only option. Currently having 4 GB LTE for 5,99€ on telekom, that is enough for me.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • "4 GB LTE for 5,99€ on telekom"

more details! telekom for 6€? cant believe.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

Unlimited does not mean "not limited." It means it is "Understandably limited."

• @yongsiklee said:

Soo?

• Clouvider said: Possible pitfall here is that people will start abusing them and will kill the service quality across the entire network.

Not exactly, all depends network and towers capacity. Modern hardware can handle unlimited data connections very easy

• @hyperblast said:
    "4 GB LTE for 5,99€ on telekom"

more details! telekom for 6€? cant believe.

that is a datasim from mobilcom-debitel via modeo, deal is over sadly

• @yongsiklee said:

How is it understandably limited when they don't limit you? I "pay" for 1GB + 1 mbit/s throttled and it seems they let you pull the whole possible 250GB a month (possibly each, up and down), over 3G even, so I don't see why they would limit anyone on the far more expensive plan.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @torrbox said:

@yongsiklee said:

How is it understandably limited when they don't limit you? I "pay" for 1GB + 1 mbit/s throttled and it seems they let you pull the whole possible 250GB a month (possibly each, up and down), over 3G even, so I don't see why they would limit anyone on the far more expensive plan.

Given that the avg. speed you get with LTE is only 17-23 Mbit/s anyway I also don't see them limiting the most paying users any further.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • Russian Rostelecom provide pure quality Unmetered LTE on 25Mbps for $5 per month, that real.

• @Hukin said:
    Russian Rostelecom provide pure quality Unmetered LTE on 25Mbps for $5 per month, that real.

average incomme russia 8.542 € germany 38.497 €
    they have to be cheaper or nobody would be able to afford their stuff

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited September 2018

@Ympker said:

@torrbox said:

@yongsiklee said:

Given that the avg. speed you get with LTE is only 17-23 Mbit/s anyway I also don't see them limiting the most paying users any further.

on o2?
    i get this at home

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4233482013
    and at work it is even faster

• @user54321 said:
    on o2?

On O² youre limited to 20mbit most of the time.

• Tbh I just had negative experience with o2 at least about 3yrs ago. But from what I heard of friends having o2 is that their connection is not that great. Telekom or Vodafone is actually the way to go especially if you live in kinda rural regions. I use Vodafone prepaid sim with their Special XL (now 2.5GB lte +100 mb with myvodafone app) for 13.5€/4weeks I got 300 free minutes in every other net than vodafone and sms flat for every carrier (tho tos specify there is actually a limit but a normal person would hardly hit it). I am used to buy my cellphone on my own that's why I don't get any plan also I don't like to be bound for 2yrs.

When I am in Uni or at friends places I got wifi all the time. Most places where I do not have wifi I have equally good lte connection compared to Telekom. In some places I even have better connection or at all. Just in one case Telekom actually beat me. I was on a music festival with 50k+ visitors and even tho I had connection only sms really worked sometimes calling but internet was some kind of a roulette game.
    But this is a special sceanario. I actually would have appreciated it if Vodafone would have taken the chance to set up their mobile stations they got for special events.