Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surface Go - thoughts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Surface Go - thoughts?

2»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2018

I bought a couple of months ago, 2 refurbished devices.

One is a cheappie win10 tablet/netbook, an insignia (BestBuy brand) 11,6'' with magnet locking keyboard, 2GB ram and 32 Rom for $80. It isn't a powerful tablet but it has an excellent keyboard that makes it look like a real netbook, the battery holds for +7 hours, the screen is 1920x1080 @ 11,6'' and it has one usb-c on the main tablet and a couple of usb3 on the keyboard. Pretty happy with it as a secondary tablet for light tasks, pdf reading, browsing on the road and for uploading articles and stories to the media i work for.

The second is also a refurbished elitebook 810 Gen3 with an i7-5600U, 12GB of memory and a 256GB SSD drive (win-10). Also 11,6'', the battery holds with normal usage 4-5 hours (for browsing with low saturation over 6 hours). It is a normal netbook with lighted keyboard, the screen flips 360 degrees and can be then operated as tabled (of course touch screen). Very powerful machine for the size and the battery with benchmark almost 4500, 2 usb-3 on the body, full Display Port and ethernet. I bought this also refurbished for ~$160 (it costed ~$2300 at the time of 2013, when the specific installation of that model was on the market).
    I also bought a used docking station for that model for ~$30, that gives me another 2 display ports and a VGA (total of 4 screens that can be used simultaneously), 4 usb-3 ports, a charge port, kensigton lock etc.
    Very - very happy for that price! It is loaded with Adobe CS 6, Vegas 15, Premiere, Soundforge pro 12, CorelDraw X6, QuarkXpress 12 and a lot of other DTP, audio and video editing software. I am using it as my remote office, have been fully satisfied with it, my older laptot is already for pension!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@eLohkCalb said:
    I have a Surface Pro 3 that has swelled battery after 2 years of usage, causing screen to protrude and WiFi to malfunction.

Not sure about later generations or variations, but I'm not going to trust Microsoft in hardware quality anytime soon. :smile:

I have a friend who has had to destroy 200 of these... after 2 years the business had to just get rid of them and replace them with a different tablet. Battery’s exploding.... battery’s melting... and countless other issues. Was cheaper to get rid of them. Surface 3 is a no go for me.